View Full Version : Peak X-3

Striper_Haven_03
05-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Was wondering if anyone has used the Peak X-3 airbrush. Do anyone recommend any others??New to plug building and in the market for an airbrush. Besides the brush what else do I need? I know a hose,extra bottles,etc. Should I used canned air or just buy a compressor?? Do I need any special adapters for the bottled air or compressor?

One other question about the epoxy coat/finish..... can I use my rod building epoxy (Aftcote or flex) or is this something completly different?

ONCE AGAIN your help is much appreciated guys.

Fireman

numbskull
05-19-2007, 05:11 AM
You want a compressor. I got a small Makita 2-3 gallon one and it is fine. Although the compressor will likely have a regulator, I've put another in line near where the airbrush hose begins which makes it easy to adjust pressure while painting (I do alot). You can buy caps with tubes in them that will fit directly on the createx bottles (dixieart). Rod coating epoxy would work, but is probably more flexible (and therefore softer) than ideal. Devcon 2 ton, Environtex, and System Three seem to be what most people use. Buy some thinner (or airbrush medium) for whatever brand paint you use...thinning fixes alot of problems. Get a set of brushes to clean your airbrush. Good luck.

afterhours
05-19-2007, 05:45 AM
got a couple of peak x-3's- love them! these brushes are'nt nearly as fussy as the pasches or badgers i've owned.

Tagger
05-19-2007, 06:42 AM
My problem and I suspect alot of others,,,,isn't a fussy airbrush its old snot infested paint .. I build in the winter and for the most part the paint sits 3 seasons with light use .. I gotta clean house soon .. some stuffs been 2 or 3 yrs. of this cycle . Solution ? go commercial .. Naaah

Striper_Haven_03
05-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for you help guys. Looks like Im gonna buy the X-3 from BearAir. Seems like a decent price. Do I need any special adapters to attach to compressor or does the airbrush come with them?

Thanks - Fireman

Bernzy
05-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Good price, great brush!!!!!

Bernzy

Striper_Haven_03
05-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Made the decision to go with the x-3. Any recomendations on an air compressor? Do I need to buy any adapters to attach air brush?

Fireman

numbskull
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Got a Makita MAC700. Like it.

crash
05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Got a Makita MAC700. Like it.

Same here, can actually have a conversation with someone while its running in the same room. My only complaint is that its heavy for a compressor of that size, but it sits in the same spot all but 2 or 3 times a year.

Striper_Haven_03
05-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks. Will do a little more research and look for some more responses fro other. Do I need any special attachements for the airbrugh hose?

Thanks - Fireman

justplugit
05-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Good idea to add a water seperator in the line, unless your compressor comes with one.