View Full Version : R.M. Smith Dannys...

ripitsik
05-21-2007, 11:15 PM
what do you guys think of them? Obviously if you want to pay an arm and a leg for the Beachmasters on Ebay.. then thats fine. But I am looking for the closest ones to the Beachmasters and those look pretty impressive. I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with these or R.M. Smith lures at all?

keeperreaper
05-22-2007, 06:13 AM
One of the best in the market. Fit finish and quality is top notch. I have caught many bass with his plugs.

striperman36
05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
KIller dannys. You can go realllllllllll sllllllllllloooooooooooooooowwwww and throw a wake the size o TX

Joe
05-22-2007, 07:02 AM
I was talking to Ryan yesterday....he said the batch he sent recently to another online dealer went in seven minutes....whoa....

partsjay
05-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Fantastic!

Bronko
05-22-2007, 07:13 AM
His plugs are great. Proven fish catchers.:grins:

pops
05-22-2007, 07:32 AM
white @ night :kewl: produced for me

jim sylvester
05-22-2007, 07:41 AM
imo the best danny out there
nice wobble...great finish

as with any rm smith plug...proven fish magnets

Pete_G
05-22-2007, 07:41 AM
what do you guys think of them? Obviously if you want to pay an arm and a leg for the Beachmasters on Ebay.. then thats fine. But I am looking for the closest ones to the Beachmasters and those look pretty impressive. I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with these or R.M. Smith lures at all?

Beachmaster Dannys are just a month or two away.

wheresmy50
05-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Seven minutes !@&^!@^#

These aristocrat plugs crack me up. They're going to find surf fishermen dead on the rocks with a broken line and 2 slit wrists.

Gunpowder
05-22-2007, 07:45 AM
i havent got my hands on any yet but i missed the last batch that i was tryin to get cause they went so fast. they are obviously good lures and fish magnets.

Clogston29
05-22-2007, 08:27 AM
fish magnets is a bit strong :hihi: but they swim true, with little roll and stay consistant with use (don't take on water). that's all you can really ask of a danny (aside from being pretty)- the rest is up to the user.

danny's seam to be one of the toughest plugs to get right. Seams like all the better ones are really tough to come by - BM, RM Smith, Troublemaker

Swimmer
05-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Primo wood, no doubt!

Nebe
05-22-2007, 09:16 AM
i have yet to use one of his plugs that a bass wont eat. :D

Finaddict
05-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Their action is great and they produce too.

GeoffT
05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I was talking to Ryan yesterday....he said the batch he sent recently to another online dealer went in seven minutes....whoa....

True. I managed to snatch a couple before the seven minutes ran out. :jump:

ripitsik
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
does ryan only sell them to dealers or does he sell them to anyone that wants them? I saw a few of his plugs on ebay and I just wanted to know if he only sells them on ebay and to dealers

splshnplug
05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
i've been using Ryans plugs for a couple years. they work very well and hold up very nice. you will be impressed.

zacs
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
sometimes you can buy them here if you watch the sponsor board.

i think I have more confidence in his plugs than any other wood plug i fish. Perhaps also the bernzy howdy too.

the smaller peanut at daybreak tossed into the rocks.... slam.

as close to 'fish magnet' as i have seen outside of bait.

Labrador1
05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
First off I want to say thank you all for the kind words. It means a great deal to be respected by my peers. It has been a long year for me as I have been working a lot of hours - and hearing those comments makes it all worth while. I can't thank you all enough.

As for the e-bay thing - I haven't ever sold anything on e-bay (not that I have a problem with it - just never done it). I think some of mine come up from time to time - but they aren't coming directly from me. I do sell directly but I've got a pretty big backlog right now. I also sell to a number of shops. You are always more than welcome to contact me via PM or phone and I can, at the very least, tell you which shops have what. There is a shop on the vineyard that just recieved an order today - and I confirmed with them that they are willing to ship plugs.

Thank you again to all of you guys! I can't tell you how pleased I am with your success!

Ryan

Joe
05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Quite a few peanuts in stock...I'm getting some new stuff soon also...
http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/yellow_white_07_lg.jpg
RM Smith Big Eye Peanuts, Swimmers, Giant Swimmers.... (http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SRIOTS&Category_Code=RS)
If you are interested in getting a notification of incoming RM Smith Lures, I strongly suggest you sign up for my mailing list as they get the head start on the goodies...
Located on top right side of SRI Homepage (http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/)