View Full Version : Stupid Oil Tank....

The Dad Fisherman
05-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Started leaking and now it's Gonna cost me $1500 to replace it......Its always friggin something. We just got the money together to replace the Furnace and now we have to replace the stupid tank too.......:wall:

MrHunters
05-22-2007, 01:32 PM
oh man.... that actually sounds on the cheap side if you want to look on the positive side...they just did an ultra sound on our tank to see if we qualify for the "sure tank" insurance, basically it covers half of a replacement if you need it, which, according to the oil guy can go upwards of 2500 bucks.

that still blows though.

chris L
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I just went through that 3 years ago . I was going to move or replace the tank anyway due to addition on house . When they came to unload the unused oil I was shown a hole that would be a problem if I refilled the tank . yup it was costly but I would rather have it happen that way than a hole to break through and pour oil over the basement .

good luck

larry the big guy is an oil tank removal tech I believe or he does oils . I dont know nuttin nevermind . Bong hits are catching up to me

Raider Ronnie
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Started leaking and now it's Gonna cost me $1500 to replace it......Its always friggin something. We just got the money together to replace the Furnace and now we have to replace the stupid tank too.......:wall:

Bigfish is an oil tank installer

BigFish
05-22-2007, 07:50 PM
$1,500.00 is a good price....make sure they outfit the tank with all new legs, valves, filter unit, gauge and vent alarm......think about having a brand new oil line done also......it is worth it! They get filled with sludge over the years and can still cause you problems even though the tank has been replaced......by code they either have to replace the oil line with new or install an oil safety valve (OSV)! Get the new line! Make sure they pull permits with your local fire prevention office! If you have any questions Kevin, feel free to pm me or call me.....I can pm you my phone number if you need it?

The Dad Fisherman
05-23-2007, 07:13 AM
$1,500.00 is a good price....make sure they outfit the tank with all new legs, valves, filter unit, gauge and vent alarm......think about having a brand new oil line done also......it is worth it! They get filled with sludge over the years and can still cause you problems even though the tank has been replaced......by code they either have to replace the oil line with new or install an oil safety valve (OSV)! Get the new line! Make sure they pull permits with your local fire prevention office! If you have any questions Kevin, feel free to pm me or call me.....I can pm you my phone number if you need it?

Thanx for the info Larry and the Offer for more info, I talked to the guy last night and he is doing all that you recommended. He's a nice guy that we have been doing business with for 15 years so I'm not worried about getting screwed.

I was more pissed because that was pretty much our whole tax return....and I had talked the wife into letting me use it for a Rhino Liner and Trac Rack for the truck

fishsmith
05-23-2007, 07:28 AM
TDF - check out MassSave,

I haven't done this myself, so sorry ahead of time if I send you on a wild goose chase, I can only hope you are at work are getting paid for it. :bl:

There are rebates free for the taking when buying a furnace, I think you can get up to $500 back.

( http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocaterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Consumer&L2=Energy%2c+Fuel+%26+Utilities&L3=Energy+Programs&sid=Eoca&b=terminalcontent&f=doer_programs_resident_resident&csid=Eoca )