View Full Version : Fishing Maine Memorial Wkend

teleman
05-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I'll be in the Pemaquid Pt. area, anybody got any suggestions about where to go and what to use? Tides, etc.

Finaddict
05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Herb - you headed up to New Harbor? My sister and brother-in-law have a house up there, it's beautiful country ... the fishing there can be pretty good in the Damarascotta river, etc., ... if I can reach my bro-in-law, I will PM you, but not always easy to get a hold of.

teleman
05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Thats exactly where I'll be. I've heard about Dam. river before, thinkin about tryin Pem. Harbor near fort William Henry, Water moves incredibly fast thru this channel. I'm lookin to see whats biting, and on what. Might bounce over to Round Pond also. If nothing else,you can get 2 hard shelled lobbies, a peck of steamers and a ear of corn for $26.00 cooked. BYOB

striprman
05-23-2007, 05:31 PM
mackerel come into that channel pretty heavy at times.

Finaddict
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
yeah that's a nice outdoor restaurant on the dock there ... I would definitely try there around the harbor there but give Round Pond a try, as I know a lot of guys fish the sod banks for fish up in the estuaries, so Round Pond being a little more shallow probably warms up a little more quickly and holds bait ... something to consider ...