View Full Version : Let me explain....

Justfishin'
08-04-2002, 10:42 AM
...and report. When I said 'rookie at the keyboard' I meant I'm new to computers- this is my 5th try at this post- but I've been fishing all my life. And the report for 7/30 is the fishing in the rips off Block Is. was good. Bass and blues were eating squid so parachutes were the ticket. We switched to umbrellas for a while to give my brother-in-law, nephew and my buddy's son a thrill; you should have seen their faces when they pulled 4 fish at once over the gunnel !. Worth twice the charter fee. And on conv. vs. spin I agree: conventional for eelin', bait and serious distance casting, spinning for windy conditions,poppers and blitzes,fly fishing when you have the room and you won't inconvience other anglers-watch that backcast!. I fish a Penn 980 & a 525 on custom rods I built. I rig 20lb. Big Game mono for running line with a 25' 40lb. shock leader- this allows you to muscle the fish when you get them close. On the 525 I've got 30lb. Fireline with a 50lb. clear mono bite leader- I just started this (Fireline) rigging last fall so I, not sure how I like it yet. Any feedback?. I gotta go so Remember! Work Sucks! FISH! Come on Fall run!