View Full Version : UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson

alemonie
05-25-2007, 03:43 AM
This is one great fight that we shouldn't miss. Such fighters like Chuck Liddell is really a crowd's favorite even if he was defeated in his previous fights over Jackson. This time his up for vengeance.

Here's a video of Rampage's body slams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO_WfqOUbZo

What are your insights about the fight?

Rob Rockcrawler
05-25-2007, 05:07 AM
I think/hope chuck will win. He is a mad man. Ive seen him get rocked so many times and he keeps coming, if ya dont knock him out cold or submit him you are dead, he seems like a pretty normal dude too.

Bronko
05-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Lidell will stand up and outstrike him this time. His stand-up is just that much better now. He is just a pure striker. but if it goes to the ground, Chuck's submissions are much improved as well.

Wish I could justify paying the $$ to watch it, but it is just way overpriced.

I think/hope chuck will win. He is a mad man. Ive seen him get rocked so many times and he keeps coming, if ya dont knock him out cold or submit him you are dead, he seems like a pretty normal dude too.

Goose
05-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Wish I could justify paying the $$ to watch it, but it is just way overpriced.

I got 15$ will drive:hee:

spence
05-25-2007, 05:15 PM
This is one great fight that we shouldn't miss.
What, do you work for Pay Per View???

I'm not a fan of UFC in general. It goes beyond sport and puts too much attention on senseless violence.

That being said, Liddell is pretty amazing.

-spence

ProfessorM
05-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Wish I could see it. I will wait for the replay. I love that stuff. The Iceman prevails, payback is a bitch, although i wouldn't count Jackson out , he layed an ass whoppin on chuck last time.

alemonie
05-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Wish I could see it. I will wait for the replay. I love that stuff. The Iceman prevails, payback is a bitch, although i wouldn't count Jackson out , he layed an ass whoppin on chuck last time.
yeah, Jackson defeated Liddell the last time on Pride but that was 3 years ago and Chuck's in a great shape right now. He must've prepared hard for this one however i won't mind if Jackson wins, he's a beast.

labrax
05-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Quintin 'Rampage' Jackson is one very tough customer. I have been watching some of the replays on Spike and Fox Sports of the last fight that Liddell and Jackson had - Jackson spanked Liddell. I have only watched UFC for the last 2 years or so, and this guy seems like he is the best I have seen yet for taking shots, taking other guys down and landing heavy, heavy shots. Liddell isn't the smoothest fighter - but if he could get his opponent to trade shots on their feet he seemed to be a shoo-in for the win as he can land some heavy blows. Don't know if that works against Jackson as he seems to be able to take a shot and keep coming.

I like watching boxing, but I much prefer to watching a UFC match than a boxing match. These guys have to be good at multiple fighting styles to reach the top, the action is amazing and there does not yet to be the problem that boxing has with bad matchups and questionable judging.

ProfessorM
05-26-2007, 08:43 AM
I am changing my mind I am rooting for Jackson, I just like his style better. He is an animal.

Jenn
05-27-2007, 07:26 AM
All I can say is......

Holy crap......:doh:

ProfessorM
05-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Wow. I am glad I didn't spend the cash. Can't wait for the rematch. Probably end up the same way. He is one mean MF.

Bronko
05-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I just finished up my humble pie...:nopain:

riverrat55
05-27-2007, 09:34 PM
1st round knockout!!!
Sorry to all you s^%$ who paid to watch it!!!

ProfessorM
05-29-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm going to whoop Chucks ass:uhuh:

Surfcastinglife
05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
that's what happens when you lead with a left hook!