View Full Version : @*(&^@#(*&^%@ Part Two

zacs
05-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, I got the plugs in, she started right up. ran for about 15 minutes and then died.

tried to restart, idled for 5 seconds and then died. Kept messing around for another 10 minutes trying to get her back to life, and it was the same. usaly it would just crank, sometimes idle for a few seconds and then cut out.

Changed the filter/water seperator, no help.

Called my mechanic (billington cove) and apparently the head mechanic there quit and they are not taking service appointments at this time.

Called Conanicut and they can't take an appointment until june18.

Called Gary Bur#^&#^&#^&#^& in Bradford, he is also looking at 4 weeks out.

Called Wood Boat and Motor, and they can get me in on June 1, so I took that, but I am still looking for someone sooner.

Have a call into a Mobile guy that may be able to help.

Does anyone know of a OMC shop that may be able to take work sooner like today or early next week? I would travel wherever if I knew I was going to someone good & fast.

HELP!!!!

Zac

MakoMike
05-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Zac,
Try Stone Cove, or Billington Cove, or Pt Judith marina.

MakoMike
05-25-2007, 12:12 PM
I meant to add, that it sounds like a fuel problem. Check your primer bulb, does it get soft before the engine dies? You may have a bad bulb, they're easy to swap out.

RIROCKHOUND
05-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Zacs.
Did you try the filter on the engine (if it has one)?
the r/v Optimax has an inline racor and a mercury filter on the engine...
I've had both go before... ethonal last year...
Call Pleasant St. they had a mobile guy who did some for us last year...

fishaholic18
05-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a fuel prob for sure. Take carb cover off and when she's ready to die, spray WD-40 in the carbs and see if she stays running, if she does, you have a fuel feed problem. If so, check the fuel lines and fuel bulb for cracks and leaks. Or call me,,

eelman
05-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a fuel prob for sure. Take carb cover off and when she's ready to die, spray WD-40 in the carbs and see if she stays running, if she does, you have a fuel feed problem. If so, check the fuel lines and fuel bulb for cracks and leaks. Or call me,,

Yup...Call Dave...end of story!

zacs
05-26-2007, 06:31 PM
it is certainly a fuel problem.

There are no carbs, it is fuel injected.

It is a very tough engine to work on. I have the full service manual, but it is like reading Chinese.

There is an internal fuel filter as well as my external, but it is very complicated to get to, which is why I would rather take it to a pro.

Like I said, it is a very difficult engine to work on. The guy at Billington was very good and I was happy with him. I am very bummed that he is gone. I need someone familiar with the engines, and someone that has the computer to plug into it and read what errors I am getting. The internal fuel filter has a sensor and if it is colgged it should send a code...

Getting someone to work on these evinrude fichts is very hard any time of year, let alone this time.

fishaholic18
05-26-2007, 08:33 PM
it is certainly a fuel problem.

There are no carbs, it is fuel injected.

It is a very tough engine to work on. I have the full service manual, but it is like reading Chinese.

There is an internal fuel filter as well as my external, but it is very complicated to get to, which is why I would rather take it to a pro.

Like I said, it is a very difficult engine to work on. The guy at Billington was very good and I was happy with him. I am very bummed that he is gone. I need someone familiar with the engines, and someone that has the computer to plug into it and read what errors I am getting. The internal fuel filter has a sensor and if it is colgged it should send a code...

Getting someone to work on these evinrude fichts is very hard any time of year, let alone this time.
An engine is an engine, just a few more electronics thrown in..They're nothing compared to the Cummings electronic Diesels I worked on..I may have access to a Ficht readout box too...

zacs
05-27-2007, 11:17 AM
well in that case please PM your #!

fishaholic18
05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
The guage panel on that is supposed to flash codes.

zacs
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
do you mean the systemcheck gauge? I have the combo tach/systemcheck, and it is not flashing anything out of the ordinary. turn on, one beep, all 4 lights lit, then they go out one by one, which is what it always does.