View Full Version : Shore/Boat

BrianS
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
When you signed up, it was either/or right?

I signed up for Shore, so that means if I catch a fish on a boat, it cant be weighed in..? right? or am i misinterpreting the rule?

tattoobob
05-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I also signed up for shore but it is 75% Shore 25% boat For me,

That's the way I read the rules.

JohnR
05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Signed up for shore, knowing if I get a nice boat fish its not going in

zacs
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
...knowing if I get a nice boat fish its not going in

you can't catch a fish in your backyard!:jester:

(i can't catch one in my driveway either) :(

Rockport24
05-30-2007, 08:49 AM
When you signed up, it was either/or right?

I signed up for Shore, so that means if I catch a fish on a boat, it cant be weighed in..? right? or am i misinterpreting the rule?

that's how I understand the rules. Problem is, how do you prove you caught it from shore? There is always an element of honesty required for a fair tournament.

Mike P
05-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Here's the rule in question:

• For the club competition only, fish caught by anglers registered in the shore division will be multiplied by a factor of 1.3. Entrants may only weigh in fish for the division in which they are registered.

I have to say it is ambiguous. Clearly, if you're a club participant, you can only weigh in a fish for the division in which you're register for club standings.

Whether you can weigh in a boat fish in the individual competition--for weekly, monthly, grand and pin prizes---isn't so clear.

zacs
05-30-2007, 01:48 PM
so being registered for 'boat' I can't weigh in a shore caught fish??? What does that prove?
That is LAME.