View Full Version : Is it my imagination or....

RIJIMMY
05-30-2007, 10:24 AM
are there a ton of 30+ lb fish being caught this year? Its still May and there are about 5 postings in the top of the queue with LARGE fish being caught by the S-B.com best and brightest.

I dont recall anything like this in the last 4 yrs or so I have been on this site.

jim sylvester
05-30-2007, 10:28 AM
bunker

eelman
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont recall it ever being this good either...I have never seen anything like it...its still May !! If the season ended now there would be alot of happy people myself included...Bunker is a good thing...and its great to have them here in such numbers...The amount of 30lbers out there is like schoolie fishing...Its that good! Enjoy it while it lasts! although I do not see it ending anytime soon, even with the bunker boat...there are just way to many

I am sure that some will have something negative to say about it...but thats bull...The bay is back and back strong...its been progressivly better and better each of the last 3 years...This is simply awesome!

Gunpowder
05-30-2007, 10:36 AM
cousin just pulled up a 28 pounder the other say out trolling. he showed me a pic and i tried to make out wat he was using but he probably photo shopped his lure and dulled it to the point where i couldnt make it out. smart little boy!!

Rappin Mikey
05-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I've had 2 over 35# from shore this year. Although, mine were both caught in fresh water so they're probably keying in on shad and herring. It still amazes me that fish that size are coming all the way into the Springfield area.

RIROCKHOUND
05-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Bunker is a good thing...and its great to have them here in such numbers...Enjoy it while it lasts! although I do not see it ending anytime soon, even with the bunker boat...there are just way to many

I am sure that some will have something negative to say about it...but thats bull...The bay is back and back strong...its been progressivly better and better each of the last 3 years...This is simply awesome!

Bill, tell that to the RISAA constituents and talk some sense!

piemma
05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
...and that just the guys that POST pictures of their catch...

Believe me, what you are seeing is the tip of the iceberg...:wave:

keeperreaper
05-30-2007, 11:54 AM
i know of 2 40lbers that have been caught and not posted. This could be the year of the LARGE.

eelman
05-30-2007, 11:57 AM
i know of 2 40lbers that have been caught and not posted. This could be the year of the LARGE.

It already is.....

Rockport24
05-30-2007, 12:08 PM
well I hope they get up here boys!

DZ
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
It's called a "Cycle" - striper history has had many of them - enjoy it while it lasts.

DZ

FishermanTim
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Heck, with all that herring that's been seen this year, I have been telling my friends (not as obsessed as myself) that this will be the year of FAT FISH. The best part is that with the weird weather we had this spring, the herring and shad got here a couple of weeks before the stripers, and had time to spawn BEFORE many had been eaten. I was down in Duxbury over the weekend, and there are already massive schools of baitfish hanging around the shallows in some protective areas. I also had a mini-spring blitze all to myself every night this weekend. Even though the fish were schoolies, I was getting dozens per night on light tackle. When this bait moves out into the bay, it will definitely spark things up for the better.

nightfighter
05-30-2007, 12:30 PM
yer all killin' me......nine days til Cuttyhunk!

EricM
05-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Looks like a great spring up there- enjoy it indeed!

Raider Ronnie
05-31-2007, 04:31 AM
Also,
Throw in the fact that down in the Chesapeake last year, they lad a slot size of larger fish that had to be released!

Back Beach
05-31-2007, 04:50 AM
Several heavy fish from the low 20's into high 30's the last week or so between a couple of us from shore. The fish seem to be in a lot of places as one of my other buddies is getting them quite a distance from where we have been hitting them.18-22 # are average fish right now with bigger ones every time out. Hope it lasts.

NIB
05-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Welcome to NJ...