View Full Version : not your average question~

bloocrab
08-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Ok....

....Here's my "weird" question~

Why do certain "sexually preferenced" people flock to certain areas??....ie: Provincetown...Ogunquit...

...Are these places considered a safe haven for them. A place where no-one will see them or maybe a place where its more openly accepted??...

I visited Ogunquit this past weekend, and was saddened by all the hombre w/hombres. There were A LOT!!!..I'm not homo-phobic...but CHIT!!!...It seems the men try to put on a "show"...all "leathered up" with their butt-cheeks exposed...while the women ...well, are just women....and its no big deal~?

When did this all start?...I mean, when did they choose to infest these places?...and WHY these places??

any thoughts ???

Clammer
08-06-2002, 07:04 PM
com/on Bloo it really doesn,t matter
to each their own//////
Just keep on fishing ,enjoy your family and your choices

no pink fishing rods////////////////

I have to talk to you about those grest stuffies you had

later:cool: :cool:

fishweewee
08-06-2002, 07:34 PM
Bloo,

You haven't lived until you had a (unbeknownst to you) gay fishing buddy hit on you.

:smash: :eek:

Jenn
08-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Well........NOT my choice....but to each their own right????

how about a little different perspective.....

why do so many anglers flock to certain areas on say the Cape,RI...etc.?????? they wanna be where THEIR kind of action is!!!!!!

a town not so far from me is.....um...very tollerable to same sex relations and such. why ???? who knows....maybe the eccentric atmospheres ????? (and by that I mean different businesses that tend to cater to different lyfestyles and whatnot......))

!!!...It seems the men try to put on a "show"...all "leathered up" with their butt-cheeks exposed...while the women ...well, are just women....and its no big deal~?

why do some "straight" women flaunt around in barely anything at all showing breasts and cheeks and god knows what else?????although its different ....I really think it is the same in many ways!!!!

hey like Clammer said.....just enjoy yerself and YOUR choices in life...and have fun fishin! it wont change so you can ignore it and have fun....or let it bother you right????? BAH! lifes to short!!!!

....and if the thought of some guy checking out your butt freaks you........just remember that gay men and STRAIGHT WOMEN often find the same things attractive!!!!! HA!HA!HA!;) ;) ;) I cant tell you how many times I have checked out a guy and said WHOAH! hes HOT......and then his boyfriend walks up to him!!!:rolleyes:

dont let it freak you......really.....its not worth it!;) ;)

bloocrab
08-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Clammer , your right ...and it never did matter to me....I was just curious when it all started (Pee-Town), that's all....For as long as I can remember....P-town has been.....ummm....different !!

Clammer you must have a couple of years on me :rolleyes: How long do you remember P-ville to be the way it is...It's not everday that you can walk down Main St. and see flags everywhere...just not U.S. flags...;) I guess I was just curious if anyone knew any history on Provincetown and how it all started (as far as it being a hornynest for ....different people:rolleyes: )....oooooops, I meant hornet's-nest....:D

And Jenn ,

Good points with the womens' breasts...:eek: did I say breasts and points in the same sentence???-somebody smack me!!:D...and Jenn, I don't let it bother me....like I asked above...I just wanted to know when Provincetown got Run-Over...I mean damn...I'm up there at least twice a year....I Just came back from WellFleet 20 minutes ago....:o

...maybe BM would know, he's not far from there....and he's ...umm...fruity :laughs: :laughs:

Fishweewee ,......don't be embarrassed about it. If your GAY, be proud of yourself. :eek: :happy: :D

Jenn
08-07-2002, 12:22 AM
???-somebody smack me!!.

smack!

, I don't let it bother me....

cool......because I know too many people that wont go anywhere NEAR there because of that reason.......to me thats just overreacting.....I know I am not going to let that spoil my fun! yee haw!

the men try to put on a "show"...all "leathered up"
now smack ME cuz you also used MEN and LEATHER in the same sentence.............uuuuuggghhhhhh!MEOWZA!!!!!:dr ool: :drool: :drool: :blush: :drool:

fishweewee
08-07-2002, 08:07 AM
Bloo-

Just to clarify, I ain't gay. 100% plain-vanilla hetero (married too), which suits me just fine. If I were a woman, I'd a lesbian in a big way. A femme to boot. ;)

But I don't look down on gay people...I don't bash them or make fun of them in public. People can't help it if that's how they were born.

But I have to be 100% honest with ya...I don't understand the lifestyle. And I kind of share your discomfort with the "show" that they put on...it's not a moral call but an aesthetic one.

To Jenn's point...being a somewhat conservative fellow, I also find the public "show" that some scantily-clad women put on also discomfiting (it's distracting at best and bad manners at worst), but at least I can relate to that show of femininity. ;) :D :p :laughs:

One thing to tolerate a lifestyle, another matter altogether to celebrate it I guess.

-FWW

JohnR
08-07-2002, 08:17 AM
I do like that P-Town coffee shop down by the harbor run by those 2 tattooed and perty lesbians :D . Best place (maybe only place) north of Eastham to get a cup of coffee and a funky bagel at 5:30 in the morning for the drive home. I feel perfectly fine getting a cup of java as long as the waders are on... (lesbian trapped in a man's body) Ooops, did I say that?? :laughs:

Now that I think about, I must have a thing for tattooed ladies at places I can get a coffee after fishing all night - there is that lass at the Airport Diner on Block Island too :hee: :hihi:

Too each his (or her when in drag in P-Town) own... It doesn't bother me but it's not something that I do understand or feel the need to understand... Much more important things (like my son) for me to worry about...

bloocrab
08-07-2002, 08:36 AM
FishWeeWee.......:D GOTCHA!!!! :laughs: :laughs: ...

...and Johnny- me boy...."(lesbian trapped in a man's body)" ....:eek: I ain't even touching that one!!!....well maybe only in MSPaint ;)...heeee hee heeee

...when is BM gonna chime in and tell us when the majority wasn't different ???.....or maybe even Capesams!!!.....how long have those fl-ags been flying???:eek: :rolleyes:

....like I said, I GOT NO BEEF WITH THEM ....I'm just curious when they took over....that s'all....:)

Clammer
08-07-2002, 09:31 AM
BLoo , they were there 35 years ago
now about those stuffies////////////////////////

JohnR
08-07-2002, 09:39 AM
I think you guys should stop talking about "stuffies" in this thread - you really got me worried :err: :err:

OK, that was really bad - I'm sorry

Van
08-07-2002, 10:30 AM
WOW !!!!!
THIS IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THREADS I'VE READ IN A WHILE !!!

Who said "If they were a women they would be a lesbian"???
and "I got no BEEF with them"? Freudian slip??

You are too funny guys and gals....
I enjoyed this one alot.

Gay talk and stuffies in one thread!!!!:D
I

Hey,,, don't get me started on my Tarpon trip to Key West last year, P-Town don't hold a candle to that island.

fishweewee
08-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Uhhh...I got a dumb question.

What's a "stuffy?" :confused: :eek:

-StoopidWeeWee

JohnR
08-07-2002, 12:01 PM
Stuffed Quahaug, sea food :D

bloocrab
08-07-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by clamdigger
now about those stuffies////////////////////////

....yep, they were DDDDDDDDeee-licious .....:D:D...what??...you want recipes now??...your not a baker, your a ledgerunner shaker!!..:laughs: and I thought you were crazy before!!!

:p

Clammer
08-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Bloo,Rescipe///// I wanna buy or barter for those stuffies:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

bloocrab
08-09-2002, 07:51 AM
MIKE.

...hopefully I won't forget them again in the Van....and they'll actually make the trip over on the ferry~ :smash:

...and maybe I'll give ya a little insight on all the poisons that go into them.....;):laughs:

Clammer
08-09-2002, 04:08 PM
Bloo,sounds great/////////////and maybe I.ll let you use my fish catching plastic set up later,MIke

:happy: :happy: :happy:

capesams
08-09-2002, 07:15 PM
OK. .......p.t is many mlies from my house [thank g-d] but look ,their granddads were put ashore many moons ago. you know just old sailors[you know what happens on board ship with no gals]:eek: these are just hold overs from the good old days.

someone put up a sign sayin one way/ an they couldn't get off the beach. besides the road sign says north , but their compass says south:rolleyes:

I look at them the same way as fish?.......fish school up together , why not them.

I got nothin agin them ,I just wish they'd keep their paints on when I drive down the beach.

bloocrab
08-09-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by capesams
I just wish they'd keep their paints on when I drive down the beach.

I hear that!!!.....Been there, Done that~ :mad:

...I even had a group show up with blankets and.......well..:af: I LEFT!!!

capesams
08-09-2002, 08:35 PM
The one time I had to go fish in daylight, I came across a whole pod of beached whales, man these people were big[ ah.. fat wise that is]. needless ta say I didn't stop to fish. This was on nantucket. Really nice holes in front of this beach too.:mad:

viking1
08-11-2002, 06:17 PM
I know its been said but people seek out yhose like themselves.Now can someone tell me where hotties look for older ,out of shape ,fishin ,harley ridin ,RICH guys let me know.Willing to get in shape,LOL,LOL

fishweewee
08-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Funny, just got back from a nice long weekend at the Cape with my wife.

Sunday night we had dinner in P-town. Let me tell you...

Those gay chefs can cook up a really good meal! Never had such a meticulously prepared dinner. Probably the best meal I ever had on the Cape...and friendly service to boot! Here's where we ate...

http://www.zagats.com/Search/Details.asp?VID=1&PID=1&LID=3&SPH=gall&ST=2&NDPH=&CRT=name+contains+%27%27gall%27%27&RID=1418

-FWW