View Full Version : Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

fishsmith
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
This masterpiece of an album was released 40 yrs ago today.

http://www.geocities.com/randyinc_nz/wallpaper/files/sgt_peppers.jpg

ThomCat
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Yup, the boys was probably just sittin' around sippin' a couple Buds when they wrote Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.:bl2: :shocked: :rollem:

Mike P
06-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Yup, the boys was probably just sittin' around sippin' a couple Buds when they wrote Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.:bl2: :shocked: :rollem:

The "official" story, FWIW, is that John was inspired by a drawing that Julian did in school ;)

saltfly
06-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I graduated from high school that year.:uhoh: "wow man"[cough cough cough].I still play it in the man cave.40 years wow how time flies.

Striperknight
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
The Beatles had something to prove with this record. They had announced that they were not touring anymore. The press told them they were finished without touring.

They proved them wrong.

striprman
06-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd love to turn you on.

Raider Ronnie
06-01-2007, 08:22 PM
The Beatles had something to prove with this record. They had announced that they were not touring anymore. The press told them they were finished without touring.

They proved them wrong.

Thats partly true!
Brian Wilson came out with his masterpiece "Pet Sounds" that blew the Beatles minds!
It raised the bar for all serious artist !

ThomCat
06-02-2007, 02:40 AM
The "official" story, FWIW, is that John was inspired by a drawing that Julian did in school ;)
Yeah, that, and maybe a half dozen hits of Orange Sunshine.:eyes:

Raven
06-02-2007, 07:15 AM
not only was i a big fan of tarzan movies

but also the African jungle horror films

where everyone got eaten by huge swarms of locust.

so when i saw that first newspaper that said

THE BEATLES are coming ...i was scared to death. :hihi:

happy anniversary beatles!

teaser
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that, and maybe a half dozen hits of Orange Sunshine.:eyes:

Ooooh, orange sunshine :drool: ... my favorite! Double barrel micro-dot of course! Oh man the memories!

The song was written while they were into the acid phase thus the name Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds, look at the main words first letters ... LSD! They were going to call the song that but it wouldn't get past the biggies at the record label so it got the name it now has.

Great song but I think Elton John's version is better.