View Full Version : Question for the canal experts...

ripitsik
06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Went out to the east end canal the other night and caught 6 or 7 schoolies on chunk bait. I am really trying to stay away from chunk bait and want to get into artificials . If i didnt decide to stop for bait I would have gotten skunked. So I just want to know what are good artificials aside from the stormies(used them with no luck) that I could buy for the canal during this time of the season? color?size? Like I said I used the bunker and white perch( bright moon out that night) stormies with not even a bite. So anyone that has been down there with great luck, I would really appreciate anyones help. Thanks

lurch
06-01-2007, 05:07 PM
What I use and have good success:
White bucktail with pork trailer
Leadhead with attached white and or black sluggo
Crippled herring
White and or blue pencils.

All of the lead must be heavy enough to get to the bottom during your drift.

ripitsik
06-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Are the spro bucktails a good choice because I live near a #^&#^&#^&#^&'s Sporting goods. I dont have any smilies right now

lurch
06-02-2007, 04:01 PM
they will work as long as they get down to the bottom....but top water has been working ;)

Gunpowder
06-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Are the spro bucktails a good choice because I live near a #^&#^&#^&#^&'s Sporting goods. I dont have any smilies right now

why go to #^&#^&#^&#^&s when theres a lovely tackle shop not even 10 minutes away from the canal with very friendly service and every plug u could possible think of>? m & d's tackle is right off 495 and very easy to get to. im sure mike would have any thin u could possibly dream of. i was just in there today and began to have heart problems!

****warning: this is not an advertisement ;) ****