View Full Version : You should see...

spence
06-01-2007, 06:14 PM
The boats trying to get off the water right now...you can see the terror in their wakes :hee:

Head for the bridge!

Seriously, I feel for them. This some serious lightening :spidey:

-spence

UserRemoved1
06-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't feel bad for any of them, this storm was in the forecast yesterday and it even noted that it would be violent....if they didn't read the marine forecast then they're not very good boaters...the same as you would expect a pilot to read the aeronautical forecasts.

fishaholic18
06-01-2007, 06:42 PM
What a storm that was,,,Huge hail balls ..storm drains couldn't keep up with the water...My ^%$#@ grass seed is ^%$#@ GONE...:crying:

afterhours
06-01-2007, 07:08 PM
thought the skylight was doomed - big hail.

likwid
06-01-2007, 07:10 PM
West end of the canal was f'in EVIL at 1500ish.

JohnR
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
What a storm that was,,,Huge hail balls ..storm drains couldn't keep up with the water...My ^%$#@ grass seed is ^%$#@ GONE...:crying:

thought the skylight was doomed - big hail.

I live .5 mile from F18 and 4 from AH and I saw no hail.... Was a little loud though..

spence
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
If I smoked I'd be having an after storm ciggy :smokin:

We lost power 3 times in 30 min!

The wind wasn't bad but the lightening was serious.

I did still manage to grill 2 dry aged rib steaks and some burgers in the deluge. The lightening at times scared the piss out of me. And I'm still soaked...

-spence

basswipe
06-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I did still manage to grill 2 dry aged rib steaks and some burgers in the deluge. The lightening at times scared the piss out of me. And I'm still soaked...

-spence

:drool:

Nuthin like a really good ribeye.

I just put new burners and a grease shields in the grill.After breaking the new parts in over the past week,the steaks are going on tonight.
Can't freakin' wait!

spence
06-02-2007, 06:09 PM
My favorite are the 2lb bone in rib roasts they have at Clements. If you pick one with handsome fat they are an outstanding value in a hunk of meat when cooked to perfection.

The dry aged choice steak from Wholefoods is really nice as well. It's expensive, but gives you nearly prime steak house meat at a fraction of the cost.

You really want to grill a good steak? Do this to a double thick rib steak...

Mix together:

2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp kosher salt
5 garlic cloves, minced very fine
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup porcini powder (make yourself from dried porcini)
1/4 extra virgin olive oil

Rub all over the meat (oh yea baby) wrap in plastic wrap and fridge it overnight.

Sear over high heat till rare, rest a good 10 min then slice across the grain.

And don't forget to drizzle on some of that super tuscan olive oil on your counter :devil2:

Skip the veggie and the starch...just serve it with a big bottle of barolo because you can :gu:

-spence