View Full Version : the crowd went crazy

stiff tip
06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
took a little bike ride :eyes: on the very crowded canal :bc: this am 5 to730 wow,we... fish on poppers from bridge to bridge r/r bridge too..... saw some sites and some site guys:cputin: .... nice fish boys.. maybe 38lbs..... lots of 15 to 20s too...... only 1 problem , get there early.:bl: :bl: ic flaptail w/ a 20lber , every one had a fish or two all n all a good morning ....but you guys got to learn to through back the 30 n 40 lbers... keep the sm keepers n through the big ones back ...... so i can catch um later n sell um.....i hope this :af: isnt spot burning :rotflmao: ...hay greek boys icu ....site names please ????? stiffy...:thanks:

Slipknot
06-02-2007, 10:06 AM
saw a 45 myself
me, I suck
maybe try again

east turn at sunrise attracts a huge crowd always

I didn't see a stiftip

tper
06-02-2007, 10:55 AM
You guys sux - there are no fish in the canal and you know it -- just throwing people off again --- ;)

Nebe
06-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I thought the canal was closed to dredging this year??? :hihi:

Moses
06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
It was a zoo this monring end to end but many nice fish being taken all over.

EricM
06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Anybody have pics of the zoo? Sounds like a wild day out there!

labrax
06-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Man, this is not what I need to hear. I left the canal at 3:45 and got home at around 5:30 after having to stop 4 times as I was so damn tired. Fell asleep 4 houses from home and almost wiped - scared the crap out of me. Get home to take the wife's car to the mechanic for 7:30 appt and he canceled.

I was trying to throw 3 and 4 oz jigs and a #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& big black needlefish for topwater/upper column stuff and some 9" storm shads. No dice, but it was very good to be able to feel the jigs bouncing off of the bottom and not losing any jigs. Wish I could find some Whiplash 50 or 65lb braid, as the 80lb stuff was very nice - I can only imagine that the lighter test stuff would cast a bit better.

I am a canal rookie, but was given a nice bit of advice from a nice guy named Dan who was riding a nice canal bike and fishing a yellow Nautil I think. He gave me a pointer about moving about 50 yards from where I was to be better postioned, which I thought was pretty good of him.

There is always next time. I am glad to hear that people were hooking up and that some nice fish were caught!

stiff tip
06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
You guys sux - there are no fish in the canal and you know it -- just throwing people off again --- ;)

you beleave it ...:hang: ... fooled another fool :claps:

stiff tip
06-02-2007, 08:26 PM

you beleave it ...:hang: ... fooled another fool :claps: