View Full Version : RI Jimmy and I - Early am success.

parker23
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Had some pogies in a pen at the dock ready and waiting. Our 1st drift started at 4am. Almost instant action. Nervous water, splash, slash and Jim is on, good hook set and his rod doubles over. Jim slides the 1st fish over the rail at 4:05am. Nice mid teen bass.

I hook up on something pretty big and the run lasted 10 seconds and she was gone w/pogie in mouth. 2 pogies gone, 1 fish in the boat.
My turn, splash, swirl and a fast hit followed by a chomp, swallow and slowly swim away until I set up. She was mad, drag wripping through the guides and a few minutes later Fat Flow was in the boat. We both dropped a couple more fish and then we were out of pogies. Make the dreaded run for bait and return an hour or so later.

Jim hooks up again and lands a real pretty fish. High teens, Hook in jaw, quick photo and release (Jim's head had to be cropped to protect the innocent piece of shoreline).

parker23
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
This year is the year of the bait. Early the squid were thick as printers ink, then mr bunker arrived in droves followed by the best early fishing I have seen in 25 yrs. The fishfinder display is a very common occurance this year, its just loaded w/bait.

I have caught a bunch of bass this season and there are very few thin racers. This girl was 39.5" and weighed 32.5#'s. She is a PIG.

Jim is a great guy to fish with. He talks to his pogies and names them as well. Lucky was his favorite, I caught him feeding lucky Rock-Star Energy drink... its like black beauties for bunker.

We had a great time. Jim will have his new SWEET boat very soon. Clammer want to sink it at the slip.

Young Salt
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
way to go guys......you deserve it jimmy.....i still owe you one

RIJIMMY
06-03-2007, 03:59 PM
thanks, it was a great morning. YS, no worries, S-B is all about helping each other out.

Bruce, that pic on the doc does not do that fish justice at all. Did I screw up the ones with you and the fish? Watching bass hit bunker was one of the coolest things I have witnessed. Definitly an adrenaline rush, I'm still wide awake after only 3hrs sleep last night. Thanks again Bruce

met clammer and fishaholic on the water too which was cool

Mr. Sandman
06-03-2007, 04:16 PM
This year is the year of the bait. Early the squid were thick as printers ink, then mr bunker arrived in droves followed by the best early fishing I have seen in 25 yrs. The fishfinder display is a very common occurance this year, its just loaded w/bait.

You're lucky. The squid never arrived here this year in numbers like years past and neither did the macs. Bunker have not been seen here in 20 years. There are fish but lord knows what they are eating.

kippy
06-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Way to go guys! What a great day on the water.

parker23
06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Hey Jim,
The pics you took made me look fatter than the fish. Truth hurts!!!
Great time. That fish had a ton of bait in its belly.

jkjnp
06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Unreal fish guys.
RIJimmy- Bruce just told me that you'll be at our marina with your sweet new rig. I'm on c dock.

Jonas

Nebe
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
nice..

Clammer
06-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Better keep that f #$%^&*( boat in your yard >>>>>>>>>> it [WILL} last alot longer there ><><><><:devil2:

parker23
06-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Jimmy,
You may want to reconsider the location of your boat. I think we may have a problem with a with a nasty bivalve (Mercenaria mercenaria) in the bay. See latin name (Mercenaria...Sounds like???)
We could surround your slip w/starfish. We all know what starfish do to clams...

fish4striper
06-04-2007, 07:05 AM
nice going guys!

Clammer
06-04-2007, 07:15 AM
I,d love to eat [that] Starfish <><><:love:

fishaholic18
06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Jimmy,
You may want to reconsider the location of your boat. I think we may have a problem with a with a nasty bivalve (Mercenaria mercenaria) in the bay. See latin name (Mercenaria...Sounds like???)
We could surround your slip w/starfish. We all know what starfish do to clams...

I've seen what the Clammer does to Starfish..Not pretty...
:gorez:

Nice fish guys...

bart
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
I,d love to eat [that] Starfish <><><:love:

OMG :laughs: