View Full Version : I hate stupid people

MeanStreak
06-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Went down to my back bay spot on sun night before the big storm here on LI . I was testing new plugs i had made and wanted to see them swim . I had four bass to 27 inches . I decided they were swimming right so i moved to my Fire Island Inlet spot . I started casting my 4 inch darter, boom second cast i get a nice fish on , i set the hook and begin fighting this fish . I didn't notice the moron who snack right next to me . the fish takes a run and as i turn to follow the fish i get slapped right in the face with this guys rod .Right in the bridge of the nose , i saw more stars . It startled me and ended up dropping the tip of my rod and losing a 30+Lb fish(First nice fish of my season )

So as i reel in my plug the guy starts yelling at me that i cracked his rod with my nose . I went postal . i went for this guys jugular , he quickly ran out of the water and walked back to his car .I bang another 2 fish to 26 lbs and decide my nose is swollen and i am heading home .
As i get back to my Jeep a State Trooper and Mr Jackass are standing at my truck waiting for me .When the trooper saw my nose he told the other guy to leave before he got arrested on assault charges . He told the trooper he was scared for his life and wanted me delt with .....

So now i have a cracked nose and two blacks eyes ,mowing my lawn and who diid i see pulling up a house 4 away from me is Mr Jackass .
My new neighbor and he puts up a METS flag .. Its now war here on LI
Thats why i shouldnt fish before midnight ..

Dead Mike

The Iceman 6
06-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Great story Meanstreak. My $$$'s on you. And a Mets fan no less....

Gunpowder
06-05-2007, 06:41 PM
so much irony in that story. i love it

Slingah
06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
that is one of the best stories Ive read on here....:rotflmao:
too bad about the nose though...
what a jackass......

UserRemoved1
06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
roflmao sorry bout your nose. Never fails though. Now ya can flip im the bird every time ya drive by :hee:

Tagger
06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
You screwed up ... You should have killed him and kicked his bloody corpse in the water .. thats what I do . :angel:

Swimmer
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Sorry about your nose bud, but that was a great story.

Karl F
06-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Sorry about your nose bud, but that was a great story.

I'll second that!

JohnR
06-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Did he recognize you as his neighbor?

That was a great story! Worthy of the Front Page! Whaddyall think? Time to kick Parker23 of the front page and post MeanStreaks (with his permission of course :fishslap: :whackin: :wall: )

Slingah
06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Did he recognize you as his neighbor?

That was a great story! Worthy of the Front Page! Whaddyall think? Time to kick Parker23 of the front page and post MeanStreaks (with his permission of course :fishslap: :whackin: :wall: )

yup....do it

Raven
06-05-2007, 07:45 PM
:hs:
i feel for ya meanstreak.... glad you were not charged with manslaughter
and that the cop realized what an Idiot this guy was....

un freakin believable... but i believe it.

Backbeach Jake
06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Hot Damn! If you play this right you can get years of entertainment outa this jerk. Keep a level head and kill his brain! Karma just gave you a winning lottery ticket!!

MeanStreak
06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Actually i saw him about 8:15 when i was walking the dog . He ran his sorry ass in the house and slammed the door . I gonna milk this guy for all i can . I want him to tremble when he sees me . The black eyes are gone but the cut on my nose is killing me , sweat dripping in !!!
Post it where ever i dont care ! I like this website i can be a hard ass and no one gets mad at me !Thanks !!!!!

The Guys a hack , he was chunking in a place where you really cant chunk . Plus using a EH 12 ft uglystick in a place where a 10 m and a 706z is all the Hardware you need . When i was i newbie i watched the older guys, saw what they were using . I showed up the same timed they fish and after a while they statrted Telling me some tricks . Now they log on to a certain website and think they are Surf Gods .Im in to this 8 years and still dont have everything figured out yet , and probally never will .Some of these guys are dangerous as hell!

Gotta go tide to catch
Dead Mike

cardnial77
06-05-2007, 08:32 PM
well at least he's not a Yankees fan...............

Squid kids Dad
06-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Good going..Gonna be an interesting summer for you:laugha:

JohnR
06-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Hehehehe - Done: http://www.striped-bass.com/fishing/

Katie
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Gosh Meanstreak, thats quite the story, sorry about the nose and eyes glad to hear the eyes are better.. the guy deserves whatever he has coming to him.. but yeah, great story.

Nebe
06-05-2007, 09:12 PM
too funny. if it were me id walk over to his house with a 12 pack in hand and bang on the door. make love not war meanstreak :D

slow eddie
06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
this is the main reason that god greated eels. 2 or 3 eels left in a neighbors car can wreck havoc turing the summer months. but u have to be a nice guy for a few weeks. always remember. old age and trechery always beat youth and vigor.

shorehunter
06-06-2007, 01:31 AM
hey bro sorry about your nose but that is a great story.

nightfighter
06-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Maybe you two should save some coin and carpool to catch the tide! Just kidding....but it would give you opportunity to employ Slow Eddie's plan. How many racks you gonna leave on his steps this season?

Raven
06-06-2007, 05:18 AM
i kinda like Nebe's Idea thus Far......:rtfm: then if that doesn't work then

you can try neighbor wars.... only because.... A. you've already threatoned to kill him...or do bodily harm... well not in public... or with witnesses ....but it will suck coming home to find your place trashed
after a great night fishing.

HESH2
06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
one of the all time great fishing stories.thinking there are alot more similar ones out there.

GonnaCatchABig1
06-06-2007, 05:56 AM
great story.. but what a moron. the golden rule of fishing = give people room. you learn that when your like 4.

bttfish
06-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Sorry about the eyes and nose... These people fishing without any Etiquettes should be ban! It should be common sense that every person needs room (personal fishing spaces).. These people have no clues.. :nailem:

piemma
06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
too funny. if it were me id walk over to his house with a 12 pack in hand and bang on the door. make love not war meanstreak :D

Screw that. Blow the B^%$d up. M80s in his mailbox

fishpoopoo
06-06-2007, 08:23 AM
let me guess. your neighbor was chunkin the backside of demo.

MarshCappa
06-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Sad thing is he's one of many that are out there. Sorry you have to live next to such a Moron. Keep us posted as to the progress or lack there of on this relationship. This actually sounds like a perfect pilot episode to a sit-com. Now watch somebody will steal this idea and make millions!:realmad:

Bishop169
06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Sorry about the nose........ I noticed at my favorite spot every time I hook up I get about a half dozen other guys pretty much shoulder to shoulder with me...Before no one is to be seen...

One guy I noticed was fishing through my tackle. When I yelled at him he just said "wanted to see what you use"
Quickly told him "if you dont back up I will be using you for bait"

some guys have no respect good luck with this guy

Steve K
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Great story

PaulS
06-06-2007, 09:06 AM
That sucks - neighbor wars suck also. I'd just forget about it and make believe he doesn't exist.

hummy22
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Great story....he cried over a cracked ugly stick???

GonnaCatchABig1
06-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Sorry about the nose........ I noticed at my favorite spot every time I hook up I get about a half dozen other guys pretty much shoulder to shoulder with me...Before no one is to be seen...

One guy I noticed was fishing through my tackle. When I yelled at him he just said "wanted to see what you use"
Quickly told him "if you dont back up I will be using you for bait"

some guys have no respect good luck with this guy

are you serious? if you want to find that out so badly a quick glance as you walk by is enough.. or maybe even a "hey, i was just wandering what do you use?" that's like coming home and finding some one rummaging through your draws and saying " i was just wandering what brand you wear."

thankfully these morons don't fish around here. the spots maybe small and occasionally crowded but every one seems to know the proper etiquette. and give each other as much space as possible. and certainly don't rummage through other peoples stuff with out permission.

the only thing that annoys me more than people who don't give space. are people who don't give space and cant cast to save their lives. nothing is more annoying then some one who continually crosses lines. we are all allowed one mess up. sometimes it just goes wrong. but when you cross someones line on every cast, you might want to consider fishing far far away from people for a while.

Mike P
06-06-2007, 12:24 PM
You can have all sorts of fun with this guy--you need to pick of one of those "1000 ways to legally get even with people who screw with you" books ;)

And remember the old Sicilian motto---revenge is a dish best served cold :humpty:

Nebe
06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
I heard a story of a guy who was pissed at his neighbor once.. he went over to the guys house when he knew the family was out of town for a day or 3 at night and grabbed the sump pump hose coming out of the basement and pushed it back into the hole, then turned on the guys garden hose and pushed it back in the hole that the sump pump came out of.

evil. :rotflmao:

MeanStreak
06-06-2007, 02:33 PM
You guys are the best !!!!!! THis guy is so lost , i might not have to do anything . I do like the eels but smelly bay anchovies is much worse and 4 bucks an eel hes not worth the money .

I know he fishes on weds , every weds . So i might folow him tonight and give him a little hell . Hes part of another website crew who burn spots and leave a mess . ( at least 2 garbage bags of garbage every time i fish )Hes allready bashed me on it !

So i hope when i am up near cape cod and the vinyard in 3 weeks i dont have to deal with these LI hacks ..Like most of you guys fishing is not a hobby to me ,,Its my life ...I have a whole new respect for all you NE guys ./......This is one of the best Fishing sites i have been on . Its nice you guys let me be ME..

Dead Mike
The Ghost of the
Bambino

Bishop169
06-06-2007, 02:53 PM
are you serious? if you want to find that out so badly a quick glance as you walk by is enough.. or maybe even a "hey, i was just wandering what do you use?" that's like coming home and finding some one rummaging through your draws and saying " i was just wandering what brand you wear."

Yea I was pretty pissed off.:af: ..The guy was kind of odd probably drinking the salt water. I didn't notice anything missing but I'm sure if I hadn't turned around I would have...... The guy disappeared shortly after.. Some of the other guys out that day did say they were missing some plugs and other stuff...

The funny thing is I always seem to loose something when I go out fishing I prob wouldn't have noticed if he did take something.. I think that what the guy was banking on.. little from each box get himself some nice gear

But hey live and learn I never go more then an arms reach from my gear.

Naturegirl
06-06-2007, 04:35 PM
WOW the b@lls of that guy. Sorry about your nose and eyes, try some jojoba oil on the shnoz. it really helps skin heal quickly. PPL can be really odd when they are out.
I used to fish w/ my grandfather as a kid, I may not know everything, but he taught me a few things, I usually get the old timers who feel they need to come up and teach me what to do just b/c I happen to have breasts. Don't people understand fishing is for relaxation and peace and quiet (minus the excitement of fighting a fish?) I heard a friend once say, old bait in a bucket for a week or two, cover on, then under the back seat of the car one night worked very well.....with a moron like that. But, again, I like the solitude of going, and like being left alone. I try to be nice, if ppl get in the way, I just go to other spots. Sometimes it sucks, but its better than dealing with those without brains.

woodpro1102
06-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Fill his waders with water and give him a gentle nudge towards the current or since he is so close to you at night it wouldnt be hard to mistake some of his gear for your own as youre cleaning up to head home. The place I fish sweetwater has alot of those people that like to lean over your shoulder when you get something on the line then even worse is when they ask if youre going to keep an undersized largemouth or any largemouth for that matter. I hate people but you all are great. Tight lines.

Alex

woodpro1102
06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry for the double post but nature girl gave me an idea. Five gallon bucket full of chum in the middle of this guys kitchen/livingroom floor with the bottom cut out.

PaulS
06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry for the double post but nature girl gave me an idea. Five gallon bucket full of chum in the middle of this guys kitchen/livingroom floor with the bottom cut out.

:rolleyes:

So lets see, if the guy is home you risk gettin shot, or a breaking and entering at a minimum.

woodpro1102
06-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Yea because everyone on here is being dead serious. Don't you want to tell me what could happen if someone really filled someones waders with water and pushed them in? Lighten up buddy, life is to short to be miserable about everything.

PaulS
06-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Yea because everyone on here is being dead serious. Don't you want to tell me what could happen if someone really filled someones waders with water and pushed them in? Lighten up buddy, life is to short to be miserable about everything.

Fifth post and your telling someone to break into somone's else house - good idea. :bl2:

I'm miserable but your the one who posts that they hate all people

woodpro1102
06-07-2007, 10:53 AM
I hate everyone but I feel good when I do. I just hate people until they show me otherwise. I love when people bring up "oooh youre on your 3rd post so you cant say that". My number of posts on an internet forum doesnt change who I am or what I have to say. If I am doing something wrong I am sure a moderator will let me know but until then stop jacking this guys thread even though he most likely is a yankees fan. Kisses for you Paul.

Alex

PaulS
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I hate everyone but I feel good when I do. I just hate people until they show me otherwise. I love when people bring up "oooh youre on your 3rd post so you cant say that". My number of posts on an internet forum doesnt change who I am or what I have to say. If I am doing something wrong I am sure a moderator will let me know but until then stop jacking this guys thread even though he most likely is a yankees fan. Kisses for you Paul.

Alex

Looks like you'll make lots of friends here

JoeBass
06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I got in 3 seperate yelling (One included shoving) matches last year while Striper fishing. What the hell is wrong with people? One time 2 guys came out where I was fishing a tidal river entering the surf. They stand 6 feet from me and start throwing there chunk over my plug line. I got in a shoving match with a surfer who insisted the best waves were where ever I was. People have no common courtesy.