team s-b.com

after 2 weeks of ther SKUNK, I decided to explore a new area

I think it paid off for decksweepr and I

his went 32#

here ya go

jim sylvester
06-07-2007, 08:21 PM
a couple more

new it was a big fish, so decksweeper gave a hand with the "action photos" when landed......nice job mark

jim sylvester
06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
two more

spence
06-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok, the fish are awsome...I'm beside myself...

But what's with the MATCHING OUTIFTS??? :yak4: :shocked: :yak4: :shocked: :yak4: :shocked:

-spence

jim sylvester
06-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Ok, the fish are awsome...I'm beside myself...

But what's with the MATCHING OUTIFTS??? :yak4: :shocked: :yak4: :shocked: :yak4: :shocked:

-spence
I was waiting for you to chime in

I leaned towards the moss green waders as decksweeper went towards the champagne colored

the jackets.......I had mine first

spence
06-07-2007, 08:31 PM
the jackets.......I had mine first
Get the blue one and keep it in the truck, change if you have to :hihi:

Did I mention they were nice fish?

-spence

jim sylvester
06-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Get the blue one and keep it in the truck, change if you have to :hihi:

Did I mention they were nice fish?

-spence

thanks..smart idea

RIJIMMY
06-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Awesome job guys, and great pics. Congrats on the fish!

Mike P
06-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Another 53 or so points. Imagine if we put up 500+ points? Do you think any of the boating clubs can put up ten 50s in their totals, with only two fish per individual angler?

That .3 a pound almost makes it unfair in favor of surf clubs. Adds 12 pounds to a 40. Every 40+ lb fish is an automatic 52+. That's a big bonus, and IMO not really reflective of the disparity in difficulty between shore and boat.

We're kicking ass :btu:

JohnR
06-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Wow - I smell another new front page :eek5: - nice :btu:

So someone took the pic with both of you - who got skunked :tooth: ?

Slingah
06-07-2007, 09:00 PM
that is awesome Jim
congrats and nice photos :btu:

tattoobob
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Jim that's the best news I heard today
Congrats real nice fish

Decksweeper, Nice Fish, I can't believe the Belly on yours

that's it I am moving to Rhode Island

JohnR
06-07-2007, 09:21 PM
that's it I am moving to Rhode Island

Didn't you read the post? He had to try a new area - he was fishing Plum Island

big jay
06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Nice fish - that double shot might be worthy of the front page.

shadow
06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
great job Jimmy and Mark those are some nice fish.the pics are great and the double shot is priceless deck sweeper looks like your in dream land.:rotf3:

stars'nstripers
06-07-2007, 10:58 PM
what wered u usin?

tattoobob
06-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Didn't you read the post? He had to try a new area - he was fishing Plum Island

Shhhhh I am trying to keep that a secret

cheferson
06-08-2007, 04:08 AM
nice:cheers:

snake slinger
06-08-2007, 04:30 AM
sweeet:musc:

stiff tip
06-08-2007, 04:43 AM
i think there cute .... the bass aint bad eather

Back Beach
06-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Another 53 or so points. Imagine if we put up 500+ points? Do you think any of the boating clubs can put up ten 50s in their totals, with only two fish per individual angler?

That .3 a pound almost makes it unfair in favor of surf clubs. Adds 12 pounds to a 40. Every 40+ lb fish is an automatic 52+. That's a big bonus, and IMO not really reflective of the disparity in difficulty between shore and boat.

Its a good start. More guys are participating this year, plus the large have been cooperative from the surf this year for many. Every year is different. Don't forget that every club can weigh in surf fish too, and it is still early in the season. I think a 40 from the surf is every bit as difficult as a 50 from the boat in this day and age. At the end of the year, I would guess the surf 40's will be equal or less than the boat 50's entered in the tourney. Just a guess.

Nice fish Jim.

Vogt
06-08-2007, 05:47 AM
Nice Fish !

Gunpowder
06-08-2007, 05:57 AM
what wered u usin?

look at the picture. u should kno.

Diggin Jiggin
06-08-2007, 06:10 AM
That's a real nice fish. Congrats!

Raven
06-08-2007, 06:15 AM
who's taking the picture?

JFigliuolo
06-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Great Job Jim:kewl:

Rappin Mikey
06-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Great job!

Bronko
06-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Nice work fellas!!!:jump: :jump:

BrianS
06-08-2007, 07:08 AM
outstanding.:beat:

EricM
06-08-2007, 07:08 AM
NICE!

Nebe
06-08-2007, 07:31 AM
nice going guys!!!

Sluggoslinger
06-08-2007, 08:06 AM
How long did it take to land her? What pound test were you using?

jim sylvester
06-08-2007, 08:14 AM
How long did it take to land her? What pound test were you using?

15-20 minutes...felt like an hour

long enough for decksweepr to come over and give me a hand:cheers:

50# braid

Saltheart
06-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Nice fish!

we look good in the standings right now but lets see what things look like after the first week of the commercial season when the boat/commercial numbers start piling up.

what was the total points of the team that won last year?

jim sylvester
06-08-2007, 08:19 AM
a better picture of decksweeper and I

Mike P
06-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Nice fish!

we look good in the standings right now but lets see what things look like after the first week of the commercial season when the boat/commercial numbers start piling up.

what was the total points of the team that won last year?

High 470s. 4-5 fish were weighed in by their top guy, who was also the Angler of the Year for the boat division. This year only two count.

They also entered fish before and after the commercial season. They actually pulled it out over Team #^&#^&#^&#^&'s in the last week of the tourney. I don't think #^&#^&#^&#^&'s entered a single fish after mid-August.

Maybe with the .3 bonus some of the Vineyard guys will concentrate on surf after commercial season, but surf fishing for large on MV hasn't been all that great. Fish in the low 40s are winning the Derby. It's been almost 10 years since a 50 was entered from shore. I think #^&#^&#^&#^& Hathaway entered the last one.

Terence
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Damn Jim, I'll be dreaming of that tonight. That is the stuff fo sho. Great fish and pictures.

RIROCKHOUND
06-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Nice fish guys.
always a shame when you have to leave your favorite rock to escape the skunk. But always nice when it pays off on a hunch!

ThrowingTimber
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
AWESOME FISH guys!!!! :jump:

Canalman
06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Told ya you don;t need a boat! Nice fish Jim :kewl: That's worth 4 40's in a boat!

The Iceman 6
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Nice fishies....

In The Surf
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
:kewl: :claps:

RNC
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Very nice!!

johnny ducketts
06-08-2007, 04:32 PM
sweet..

How bout I keep the 25 schoolies I have caught in the last few weeks and weigh them in a sack, and just tell them there is only one in the bag :)

damn, they would have to be 28" , well there goes that idea :)

Slipknot
06-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Jim, that is a beauty for sure :btu::cheers: NICE!

I agree, it seems a bit much, I thought so when I first heard it. I can see 1.15 or so to 1 or even 1.2 maybe but 1.3 is alot.

Boat caught fish are just as hard to fool and catch, well maybe a bit easier to land, but what it seems to come down to is more mobility so why should that make a boat fish that much less valuable.
Anyway, SWEET fish Jim! You might have convinced me to not bring a plugbag and get some eels.

Mike P
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
damn, they would have to be 28" , well there goes that idea :)

Actually, there's a 34" minimum size limit to enter a fish in the OTW Cup ;)

GBOUTDOORS
06-09-2007, 07:39 AM
I bet you see a lot more (shore) fish reg. this year but will they be (SHORE) fish:devil: I for one do not think boat fish are any easyer to find but we do have a better chance at getting them to the scale. I can bet you Canalman that you have areas that only you or a chosen few can get to and fish from shore. Does this not make your (shore) caught fish not as hard to get as the shore fish I get from not so good a spot? To make it all a level playing field then you would have to open up ALL shore spots to ALL shore fishermen or you have just as big and advantage over other shore guys as everyone tries to say the boat guys have over them. I should have reg. as a shore guy I guess. I for one love to fish and in the 42 plus years I have gone after stripers my boat fish mean just as much to me as my shore fish but then again most of my BIG shore fish as a young man came from walking the shores of Cuttyhunk so I did have an advantage over most other shore guys and I had to take a boat to the Island to get to the fish so were they really boat fish anyway? But wait I use to take the seaplane over after school was out to spend the summer on Island so those years the fish would be shore fish right? Crap now I have to go back and see what years I took the boat or the plane.:shocked: The heck with it if you guys want to say all my fish no longer count as I will never be able to figure this out its ok with me:cheers: I think I am going fishing later just for the FUN of it.:lm:

By the way GREAT fish and I for one don't care were you got it.

eelman
06-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I bet you see a lot more (shore) fish reg. this year but will they be (SHORE) fish:devil: I for one do not think boat fish are any easyer to find but we do have a better chance at getting them to the scale. I can bet you Canalman that you have areas that only you or a chosen few can get to and fish from shore. Does this not make your (shore) caught fish not as hard to get as the shore fish I get from not so good a spot? To make it all a level playing field then you would have to open up ALL shore spots to ALL shore fishermen or you have just as big and advantage over other shore guys as everyone tries to say the boat guys have over them. I should have reg. as a shore guy I guess. I for one love to fish and in the 42 plus years I have gone after stripers my boat fish mean just as much to me as my shore fish but then again most of my BIG shore fish as a young man came from walking the shores of Cuttyhunk so I did have an advantage over most other shore guys and I had to take a boat to the Island to get to the fish so were they really boat fish anyway? But wait I use to take the seaplane over after school was out to spend the summer on Island so those years the fish would be shore fish right? Crap now I have to go back and see what years I took the boat or the plane.:shocked: The heck with it if you guys want to say all my fish no longer count as I will never be able to figure this out its ok with me:cheers: I think I am going fishing later just for the FUN of it.:lm:

By the way GREAT fish and I for one don't care were you got it.

I agree, there was a time when I didnt but, I agree with what you said here....I will still take my 3- 40+ pound fish and 25 -30lb fish and be quite happy....One fish does not a great fisherman make...Boat fish count...I could also care less where he got it..but it is a nice fish..every now and then someone hits one on the head:tooth:

Skitterpop
06-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I agree, there was a time when I didnt but, I agree with what you said here....I will still take my 3- 40+ pound fish and 25 -30lb fish and be quite happy....One fish does not a great fisherman make...Boat fish count...I could also care less where he got it..but it is a nice fish..every now and then someone hits one on the head:tooth:

And with your namesake Bill :cheers: Eels and bunker :cheers:

piemma
06-09-2007, 11:19 AM

I agree. Great fish Jim. I know where you were and you were there because the boat guys have been getting fish near there also. That doesn't mean it's any less of an accomplishment. It takes great skill to land a fish that big, regardless of where you are.

This boat vs. surf thing is down right ridiculous. A big fish takes skill to land regardless of where you are. I, personally, find it just as challenging fishing in a boat. I had a few mornings the last 2 weeks when I had big fish on, alone in my boat and a 15 to 20 knot wind driving me into the rocks. These were all 25 to 30# fish and if you thinks it's easy keeping the boat off the rocks, fighting the fish, landing the fish and getting it back in the water to swim another day with out wrecking the boat, I say try it before you say it's easier in the surf.
Remember, I did the surf for 40 years. The Cape, the Block, narragansett and everywhere in between. It all takes skill and a certain amount of luck.

numbskull
06-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Congratulations......and well earned it would appear.

jim sylvester
06-09-2007, 02:15 PM

interesting reply bill
thanks for the vote of confidence:huh:

for the record, the fish was NOT caught in any vicinity that you guys are getting your 40's from the boat

NIB
06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Nice fish Jim..

jmonte45
06-09-2007, 03:40 PM
:splat: That's what i am talking about.....great fish...

eelman
06-09-2007, 04:24 PM
interesting reply bill
thanks for the vote of confidence:huh:

for the record, the fish was NOT caught in any vicinity that you guys are getting your 40's from the boat

Doesnt matter Jim, It was not directed at you, as I said it was a nice fish and congrats on it ! The comment that one fish is worth four in the Boat is what got to me, thats just down right assanine to say, It takes alot more than people think to catch consitant large fish in a boat and in the Surf...Your fish is a great acomplishment and I am happy you landed it...As I said before, I really dont care at all where it came from and I never said I did nor did I imply where you may or may not have caught it...thats for someone else to worry about, I dont Surf fish anymore and have zero plans to in the near future...So Again, Nice fish.

fishaholic18
06-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice fish Jim.:btu:

NIB
06-10-2007, 10:18 AM
GBOD...
Those summer fish on CH..
They would be Plane fish.
They deffinitely don't count.
NIB...
:D

striperking
06-13-2007, 10:35 PM
41.88 #'s shore caught

weight slips in the mail to OTW

team s-b.com

after 2 weeks of ther SKUNK, I decided to explore a new area

I think it paid off for decksweepr and I

his went 32#

here ya go

wow what a fish!! Great catch!

fishaholic18
06-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Told ya you don;t need a boat! Nice fish Jim :kewl: That's worth 4 40's in a boat!
C'mon Dave, I hope you rethink that comment after Tuesday..:D

Nice fish guys.:kewl: