View Full Version : big fish??? .... boston harbor

backriverfisher
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
im having trouble finding bigger fish. Ive caught 1 keeper (exactly 28") out of about 10 fish this season. i think it might be my tendency to stay in somewhat shallow water (<25 feet mostly). Ive been using a couple umbrella rigs and tube and worm rigs. Yet to hook up on a tube and worm this season. Do i need to head to deeper water? change baits? live bait maybe? even ...gasp.. head out of the harbor? :huh:

Rick Ackley
06-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Don't know where in the harba' you've tried but reports say there are fish around. Can't give spots in here, but The Fisherman mag supplies all you need, or the friendly guy behind the counter at your bait and tackle.

blue oyster
06-12-2007, 04:39 PM
saddly you just missed the best and easyest time of the year to get bigger fish . the spring mackrel run , next year mark your calender for the last week of may and the first week of june these are normally the peak of the run . when fishing tubes they need to be trolled real slow and within a foot of the bottom with a juicy sea worm on the hook . as rick said the fisherman mag .(when it comes) is a good source of info but lets not forget one of the best info sources is your local b/t , spending a couple bucks can go a long way , also check the news paper and the on the water website , good luck