View Full Version : This dood should lose his job.

UserRemoved1
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
No ifs ands or buts. After the first call they should have dispatched someone immediately or placed an immediate call to the hospital. NO excuses for this.

The nurses who were supposedly standing there watching should be immediately fired too.

This should not have happened.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/1666.html

The Dad Fisherman
06-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I saw this on the news this morning....unbe-freaking-lievable that they did nothing.

Not only were the family calling 911 but total strangers in the waiting room were calling too.

The frigging janitor was mopping up the blood around her while she was lying there.....morons, the whole lot of them.

Bishop169
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-king20may20,0,6057993.story?coll=la-home-center

latimes veiw of things

partsjay
06-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Yup...I read it earlier....it is unreal.....don't know why this type of stuff happens...unexcusable.:smash:

UserRemoved1
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
WOW

The triage nurse involved has resigned, and the emergency room supervisor has been reassigned. Additional disciplinary actions could come this week.

EVERY single one of those people deserves to be brought up on charges. They KNEW she had 10 gallstones and did nothing.
REALLY Sad.

Saltheart
06-14-2007, 08:23 AM
I would think there must be something criminal involved here when trained medical professionals in a hospital ignore a plea for help and someone dies. i would also think that the civil liabilities will be huge. No help to the victim but maybe if someone goes to jail and someone else loses 50 million it won't happen again.

really hard to believe the recordings. The cop on the 911 call should also get canned and his department share in the civil liability..

WoodyCT
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Every person involved whose profession involves protecting human life should face criminal charges. Nurses. Doctors. Emergency dispatchers. The hospital and its insurers should face the mother of all civil suits. What's with people these days?:af:

GonnaCatchABig1
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Arriving to find Rodriguez on the floor, her boyfriend unsuccessfully tried to enlist help from the medical staff and county police — even a 911 dispatcher, who balked at sending rescuers to a hospital.

Alerted to the "disturbance" in the lobby, police stepped in — by running Rodriguez's record. They found an outstanding warrant and prepared to take her to jail. She died before she could be put into a squad car.

obviously the medical workers should be in trouble and the dispatchers, but those police officers as well. i hate saying police were doing there job wrong, but here? definitely were. they were going to arrest a women who bleeding on the ER floor?!?! but they will send people involved in violent crimes who got a cut to go see the dr. ugggggggggggggggggggg. sometimes the people in this country make me wonder. to me teh ignoring her is bad enough. but then to see the condition she is in and try to take her away from help? jeesh.

pmueller
06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
No ifs ands or buts. After the first call they should have dispatched someone immediately or placed an immediate call to the hospital. NO excuses for this.

The nurses who were supposedly standing there watching should be immediately fired too.

This should not have happened.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/1666.html

This is a tough one, this not something you see every day. Yes of course something should have been done. I can only guess that the oppropriate measures were being taken. The issue really boils down to why there was blood, how much, and frankly if its alot, there's not a lot that can be done. Many times, even if the correct actions are taken, the underlying cause can be so severe that nothing is going to help. Then again if truley nothing was done and everyone was just staring then thats a different isssue altogether. Some times the emotional state of watching a loved one die is just so severe that its only natural for family members to try something to help.
It is too bad that she did not make it to an operating room to get control of bleeding. Really need more info to be critical.

Raven
06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
none of us were there...

but to arrest her "then" just because she had a warrant when shes puking blood all over the floor.... :( not only was it rediculous .... :hs:

its totally outrageous!! and they were not protecting and serving in that situation and only added more to her imediate stress....

you go to the emergency room when it's an real emergency

pain is one thing ...i waited an hour when i went....and it was only a matter of time before i ripped the leather gurney i was on...it hurt that bad...

but this poor lady was bleeding profusely... and was in seriously bad condition and they still did nothing

they should sue them all for millions of dollars,,, now if they were working on her in the OR and she died during treatment
then thats a very different situation....

good2hook
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
what a tradegy, that was someones mom, daughter, and she was treated like crap in a place that's supposed to take care of you..... all i know is ALOT of people are going to be in ALOT of trouble.......

fishpoopoo
06-15-2007, 09:03 AM
maybe she was treated like crap because the triage nurse thought she was an illegal. :doh:

MarshCappa
06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
I worked as a Manager in the ED for years and can relate to this story. We had frequent flyers that basically lived in our waiting room. Stories like this are tragic and it's horrible that it takes an event like that to initiate policy change. It's one of the reasons why I left healthcare. Staff in the ED are so stressed out and with unions invloved, insurance companies, and hospital management, and state and federal govt constraints it takes so long to have things changed. Scary!

Swimmer
06-15-2007, 10:56 AM
I can't believe the officer ran her and found a warrant. Thats the last thing I would have done. Someone should have called an ambulance and had her brought to another facility.