View Full Version : Something to keep in mind as it happened on our turf...

JohnR
08-11-2002, 09:11 AM
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20020809-121714-8896r

capesams
08-11-2002, 09:52 AM
YEAH! as I sit here looking at my fish chewed up hands:(

striperjerk1
08-11-2002, 10:00 AM
wow that is something to think about. i wonder if a first aid kit on initial wound would have helped? unbeliveable , what else do we have to worry about?we seem to be more and more susceptable to strange illnesses nowadays.

Justfishin'
08-11-2002, 08:40 PM
What is it that happened? I get an error message when I type in the UPI address.:confused:

capndave
08-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Despite the fact that more people are probably killed each year by falling coconuts, than are by flesh eating bacteria...
Anti-bacterial soap, hydrogen peroxide and chlorine bleach are all standard items in my first aid kit.

Dave

JohnR
08-12-2002, 07:00 AM
JF - try it again... It works (or right click and open in new window)...

Justfishin'
08-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Thanks JR. As a new computer user, the obvious eludes me. Wow ,what a horrible story. This will start people on catch and release. ;)

Jenn
08-12-2002, 10:48 PM
YEAH! as I sit here looking at my fish chewed up hands

ditto.......all I can think about now is the fish and bait I handled all weekend...and being in the water.........:smash: :smash: :smash: and all the little cuts..........

and....would cooking kill the bacteria ????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

JohnR
08-13-2002, 07:09 AM
and....would cooking kill the bacteria ????????

Jenn - I think you should use an anti-bacterial cream, cooking your hands isn't a good idea... :laughs:

Target
08-13-2002, 09:38 PM
After wading in the waters near Chipiwinoxer (sp?) Pt. in Warwick I developed severe cellulitus in both my legs. Something must have gotten in through a cut in my skin (my legs are always banged up) and I got infected. My legs swelled like ballons, hurt like hell (like the skin was going to split), and they were so hot you could have fried an egg on them.

My legs have not been the same since, they retain massive amounts of fluid and sometimes there are sharp pains in my ankles. All this from some little microbe. I was not wearing waders and if I had been all this would have been avoided. So know where and in what your going to be wading in.

Jenn
08-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Jenn - I think you should use an anti-bacterial cream, cooking your hands isn't a good idea...

such a comedian!!!!;)

actually I carry a thing of those antibacterial baby wipe (I prefer the lemon scented too as it seems to cut the fish/bait smell a little better).....they have come in more handy then you could ever imagine......:eek: :eek: :eek: