View Full Version : 1975 steury v416 c

locdog8169
06-16-2007, 02:15 PM
hi everyone, i just had a couple questions i was wondering if anyone could answer for me. i just received a free boat from a friend. it is a 1975 steury v416 c with a 1976 evinrude/johnson 70hp motor.

i have the old registration for the trailer from my buddy so i dont think i'll have an issue registering the trailer, although i could be wrong.

but my question is on registering the boat. i dont have a title for the boat. i was reading that you need a penciling of the hull id and the title and bill of sale to register, and of course pay the sales tax. there is no hull id anywhere on the boat that i can find and i dont have a title. i do have the previous registration for the boat and it expired 3/31/05(does the registration have the hull id on it??). how would i go about getting a title and registering the boat with no hull id to pencil trace and no title? what would be the easiest way of getting this thing registered and ready to go?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks!

MrHunters
06-16-2007, 04:34 PM
that's interesting... i had a steury bowrider 1976 with a 76 merc... no hull id either... however the guy I got it from lived in NH and they were pretty lenient about that stuff in 76, so they told him to make up a number and that was the hull Id from then on.

I know that doesn't help but I have never seen anyone post anything on a steury before. Try finding anything online about them.... good luck! it's like they disappeared around 83 or something.

locdog8169
06-16-2007, 04:42 PM
thanks for the reply.
i have been looking around and theres not much to find on steury's

what is weirder though is that i looked up the first 3 letters on the previous owners registration, msz, and that comes back as the company massachusetts homemade boats and says this is for state issued hin's, i'm guessing the previous guy just registered it as a homemade boat?? i wonder if i could get away with this. i did just get a call and my buddy did find some other paper work so i am hoping that he found the title

thanks again

MrHunters
06-16-2007, 08:32 PM
that is bizarre. it definitely was a company in the 70's i was just lucky the "original" hull id has been in the system for so long or else i would have been in the same position you are in... good luck... do you have any pics of the steury?