View Full Version : Hope everyone had a happy Father's day

ThrowingTimber
06-17-2007, 04:50 PM
We've got a lil tradition going where a few of us get together with our dads and head out for an all-nighter. We got together a few years back and said hey they always used to take us when we were kids lets start taking them. We did that last night and we had a good time and we even managed to catch a few fish one of the guys in the group even managed a personal best striper :cheers:

Scotty's son KC slept in the truck all night, rolled out of bed grabbed his rod and connected to a fish... Dad was it this easy all night? Why did'nt you wake me up?? The kids going to be good :bounce:

We were on shore.

Hope all the dads out there had a good one:cheers:

spence
06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Mine sucked :hs: :rocketem:

-spence

BigFish
06-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I got a Dunkin Donuts gift certificate from my boys....they knew I would like that!:bounce: Then......in their little league game......my oldest son was presented the game ball for his outstanding play today! He got a key hit which scored 2 runs, made a stellar catch in the outfield and nailed the runner at first base before he returned to the base.....outfield assist! I was quite proud.....as I always am no matter how they play!:jump:

Oh...also had french toast breakfast cooked by Angie!:kewl:

missing link
06-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I had a great day!!!!
ML

Flaptail
06-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Had a great day. It's customary for me, the wife and my daughters to go to the Wellfleet flea market (where I scored several old plugs like a Point Jude Cape Codder, a Cotton Cordell Bluestriper in pearl, a GooGoo eyes popper, a Creek Chub amber 2100 series popper, a jointed Gags blue/white needle, a mint F-80 Rebel in blue/silver for a total of 12.00 bucks!) Then to Provincetown for shopping/gawking and dining. Had fun!

Thumb-Burner
06-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Great day here. Church, Chinese food, driving range with the whole family, a trip to woodcraft to figure out how to spend the gift cards i got and then a quick trip to the casting field where i hit a personal best for me.. now........ the steaks are almost ready!!! I love my family!!!:cheers:

5/0
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
I had an awesome day,awoke @ 0109 "late" by the call of Keepereaper,ran down stairs found TOrlando sleeping in my driveway,we rushed to the ditch to manage 1 fish between three of us:wall:

Hey it was a slow mornin down there:yak5:

Well,came home went to Church & spent the day w/ my Family grilling some nice Striped bass,Chix,luinguisa dog's,dog's,chrico and of course burgers.We had awesome weather plenty of cold beers & lot's of laughs while the kid's played,who could ask for more:buds:

Bronko it was nice to meet you.....Keeperreaper we'll have better luck next time:devil:

Happy father's day.

5/0

Slingah
06-17-2007, 07:35 PM
got home this morning after an allnighter.....slept most of the day with no one bothering me ( a gift ) and woke up to cards and presents then taken out for dinner......a perfect fathers day for a tired surfcaster...

protty31
06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
It was awesome.Got to let a good fish go tonight.:happy:
Hope everyone elses day what great:jump:

Backbeach Jake
06-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Was on Coast Guard at 4:00 am drilling fish with my own wood, took a nap, talked to my grown kids by phone and we busted each others chops. "Wher are you the grass needs mowing" stuff like that. They have their own lives now, but man they grew up cool. Will be seeing them both in a coupla weeks. Visited the mighty Pamet River, beautiful place. part of the rounds Very good day

Backbeach Jake
06-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Had a great day. It's customary for me, the wife and my daughters to go to the Wellfleet flea market (where I scored several old plugs like a Point Jude Cape Codder, a Cotton Cordell Bluestriper in pearl, a GooGoo eyes popper, a Creek Chub amber 2100 series popper, a jointed Gags blue/white needle, a mint F-80 Rebel in blue/silver for a total of 12.00 bucks!) Then to Provincetown for shopping/gawking and dining. Had fun!

Flap, ya killing me here.. I knew that I shoulda hit the f-mahket.

redcrbbr
06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Had a real nice day. Fished all night with a good friend. Caught a couple of fish, got home around 6am, woken up around 10am with a breakfast of homefries, chourico and eggs with toast. went back to sleep for an hour, worked in the garden, slow cooked some ribs on the grill that went perfectly with the wifes spud salad. Did some maintenance on a couple of reels. took another nap. Watched a movie with wife. I think that qualifies as a really great fathers day.