View Full Version : Can anyone suggest a family campground?

wader-dad
06-18-2007, 02:56 PM
I am looking to take the wife and kids to a nice campground in Mass- or southern VT or NH in August for a long weekend. No surfcasting allowed. Wife's only request is clean bathrooms. Anyone know a nice friendly place on a lake? Like to do some canoeing and freshwater fishing. Thanks for the help. Wader-Dad and Camping-Dad.

Gunpowder
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
theres a nice one right in woods hole area. might be falmouth im not sure, but its a great camp ground. ill see if i can find the name of it. i havent been there in years but i kno its still open.

redcrbbr
06-18-2007, 09:20 PM
http://www.peterspond.com/

Been a long time since i have been there, it was the first place i thought of though

Tburg
06-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Peters Pond is nice... I have not stayed there but I live a few miles away. You get the best of a nice pond ( pretty well stocked.) and your only a few miles away from the Canal, Old Harbor, and Scorton Creek. There are also a few other nice ponds in the area.
There is enough to do to keep everyone busy and not be bogged down by all the tourist traps like the ones on the lower cape.

Slingah
06-18-2007, 11:59 PM
I used to go to a place inbetween Epsom and Hookset NH.....nice little pond....car camping......Bear Brook I think it was called....Rt 28????.....

Smokey14
06-19-2007, 07:31 AM
I would suggest Nickerson state park in Brewster but the temptation to surfcast would be to great with Nauset beach and the Brewster flats just moments away.But there are some good ponds there.

just in case

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/southeast/nick.htm

thortum
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Peters pd. Trout & small mouths. I havn't been there in the past ten years, but the bathrooms and grounds were well kept.

Slick Moedee
06-19-2007, 01:01 PM
www.papoosepondresort.com

mekcotuit
06-20-2007, 08:39 AM
theres a nice one right in woods hole area. might be falmouth im not sure, but its a great camp ground. ill see if i can find the name of it. i havent been there in years but i kno its still open.

Maybe Sippewisset Campground? N. Falmouth/Woods Hole area? Nice place!

http://www.sippewissett.com/

whiplash
06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
For years when my kids were small we camped at Silver Lake state park in Barnard VT . Great sites, CLEAN bathrooms, great bass and pike fishing . Just North of Woodstock ( the wife will love that) really quite. 91 north to White river jct west on RT4 North on Rt 12 from Woodstock Ctr. Great beach for the little ones ,boats and canoes for rent cheap. Had some of the best times of my life teaching my boys to trout fish the little stream and rivers in the area. The lean-to's are the best set your tent up in them and even in the worst storms your good to go they also have the least bugs. Damn I have to get up there again, theres a big pike with a big Mepps hanging out of its mouth I need to see again.

Swimmer
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Mt Desert Island Campground. I know its on salt water but the area is full of stuff to do. Hiking, fresh water fishing, some salt. All kinds of areas to canoe. And the clean GD bathrooms I have ever seen in a campground.