View Full Version : Vineyard

ThrowingTimber
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
NOT looking for anyones honey holes. Just in general which side of the island has been seeing some decent action etc, again just general information I'll be out there Sunday with a few nights to fish and want to make the most of it, not really enough time out there to scout for 3 nights on the side of the island where nothing is happening. as an example a pm saying north. Thanks :hee:

nightprowler
06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
im headin over for the night tonight, will probably fish on the north shore,ill let you know how i do.
havent fished there in over a week, but friends who i have been talking to have had it slow in the usual june spots on the north side.

Mr. Sandman
06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Timber...
Want to hook up for a night? I know a place or two we can try.

ThrowingTimber
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
:D nightprowler - thanks

Sandman,
That would be cool. Let me know.

flyben24
06-19-2007, 04:39 PM
everywhere has been slow surfcasting but good luck

Backbeach Jake
06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Good time to reread "Reading the Water" eh? Jealously doesn't begin to describe my feelings now....Go get them!!:)

Gunpowder
06-19-2007, 05:51 PM
i love that book too! im out here every night and still havent seen anythin huge from the surf. a couple guys have hit the gold mine on the south shores but when u guys goin? maybe we can hook up? im here for a good portion of the summer. good luck where ever u go and if u ever need some spots, give me a pm.
GP

ThrowingTimber
06-19-2007, 09:36 PM
fred I sent my copy to WInchmaster he's flying in Friday morning. I figure we can fish the bay here 2 days prior as a warm up :humpty:

nightprowler
06-20-2007, 07:20 AM
a few small cocktail blues and thats it last night. I think one of my eels was bigger then the blue that took it. My buddy was fly fishing next to me and he had 3 schoolies I think, while two of us were into small blues with eels.:nailem: :nailem:

likwid
06-20-2007, 07:29 AM
fish on the south coast right now are very keyed in on specific things.
if its not what they want they're not gonna touch it.

that includes eels.