View Full Version : Chatham sharks...Breachway action??

Jack Mawaka
08-14-2002, 08:26 AM
Hello all.

We fished Chatham 8/13/02. Very foggy in the morning and we caught 2 nice bass early. When the tide swung, nothing but sharks. I mean like every cast! The fish weren't movin' much so trolling was futile. Anything near the bottom produced a 3 foot "sandy".

I'm planning a trip to the Charlestown Breachway this weekend. Anybody got any suggestions from shore? I will have kids with me so any kind of action will be appreciated...where are those skates when you need um?

"Live long and popper"

JohnR
08-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Hey Jack - welcome to S-B...

I have not been to C-town in a while this year but I would recommend small soft plastics and maybe worms 'n bobbers inside the breachway and into the pond - not so much the end or the beach....

Check out some of the other posts in here in the last week - some talk of C-town...

How old are the kids? Reason I ask is the end of that breachway can be tempting to kids but pretty dangerous as well...

Good luck

Jack Mawaka
08-14-2002, 10:04 AM
I appreciate your concern. The "kid" I'll be fishing with early is 12. The younger ones 5 and 7 will arrive later in the morning to hang out at the beach.

Not all my kids...I do have to get out and fish sometimes. :D

FISHIN' TECHNICIAN
08-14-2002, 01:23 PM
FYI

I've changed my screen name to "fishin' technician" Just in case the boss happens to stumble upon the site.

Thanks for the tips everybody!! :)

Scotch Bonnet
08-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Is it a one day trip or you camping? The incoming during the night(and day) is alive with fish. Also lots of blues off the beach so they could invade at any time during the outgoing. Gotta be at the right place at the right time.

FISHIN' TECHNICIAN
08-14-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey,
Thanks. This will be an overnight. My sis has a camp somewhere near Westerly so I can stay over any time. It's only 1.5 hours away.

It looks like the incoming is the ticket.

Bill L
08-14-2002, 07:22 PM
Try fishing for snapper blues with the younger ones back in the channels to the pond. Follow the path past the boat launch to where the channel splits --- lots of sand bars and cuts and marsh pools to keep them busy if the fishin's slow.

Scotch Bonnet
08-14-2002, 08:35 PM
FT, tonight I saw a "tourist" catch a decent(13#) bass on a live eel half way in the channel with the wosrt set up possible(3 leaders-1 mono, 2 wire??). Like I said - right place right time!

FISHIN' TECHNICIAN
08-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Thanks, Scotch.

Maybe I'll try that set-up :) I may shoot down Friday AM to catch the tide. I'll def. be there on Sat AM.

Jenn
08-15-2002, 09:30 PM
"Mmmmm...doooonuts...."

um....yer gonna have to change that......cuz I just noticed it and all I can think of is DOUGHNUTS...mmmmmmmmm......dunkies........I LIVE there.....

jsox21
08-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Hey fishin technician, good to see someone else from Western Mass on these boards. I am from Palmer myself but going to school and living in Boston. Good Luck this weekend!