View Full Version : Race Point beach closure update

2na
06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
As of approx 6 PM today the south side access was closed. Happy summer.

High Head is open for the mandated 1/2 mile. Expect it to be a zoo.

Karl, your seals are there too.

BigFish
06-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Figured it would happen about now.....couple weeks before the 4th! When are the damn seals gonna earn their keep and slide up the beach and crush all the friggin plovers?!?!?!?:uhuh:

Slipknot
06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
:hang: :wall: :wall: :wall: :realmad: :realmad: :af: :splat: :splat: :splat: :bsod:

then high head it will be
i refuse to give in
i hope there is a line to get on and find a spot

1/2 mile my ass

I'll be there sunday to enjoy the beach and get my money's worth, i wish the money we paid would be used for an air station there

meanwhile art's dune tours keeps driving on the sand that we cannot drive on, gimme a break

maybe i should stop going and save my money for a boat

thanks for letting us know the bad news mike

i see no reason for this closure

2na
06-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Slow, deep breaths Slip - we've been through this before. Bide our time, late July if we're lucky. At least the fishing hasn't been what I'd consider lights out. You are right about not giving in - send an email to the seashore.

The 1/2 mile only BS really gets me the most. I walked it north: 3 nest w/in 300 yards of the gates, then nothing for about another 1/2 mile, so I don't know how much more we would get even if the 1/2 mile rule wasn't in effect. You can turn south towards Head of the Meadow, it was a little thin, I'll check that tomorrow.

RickBomba
06-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Awesome!!!
Can't believe they timed it so well for Bombapalooza.
Them Soccer Mom's gonna have a fit when they see what I brung 'em!!!
Good thing I'm in good shape this year, gonna be a lot of walking!
Later,
Rick

Slipknot
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
someone needs to explain to me why we can't use the same trail art's dune tours uses :huh:

I hope there is parking near the air station for that long walk :wall:
need to get a bike with big fat tires:rollem:

deep breathes aren't gonna do it Mike. I need a massage therapist at this point and medication

I hope the seals eat the plovers
maybe I liveline one someday

BigFish
06-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Happy story for Slipknot in the paper the other day..........3 or 4 plovers were found dead on a South Cape beach the other day!:bgi: They were planning on doing a necropsy on the birds to find the cause of death......there is probably a ton of money being spent right there that will not change the fact that they are in fact dead!!!!!:hs:

Happy Day Slip!:kewl:

Flaptail
06-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey Mike thanks for the update. Got legs? Still plenty of accessible beach with better water. plus the added bonus of splendid isolation!

Swimmer
06-22-2007, 08:14 AM
I read somewhere three plovers were found dead on a beach and I believe PETA was enlisting the aid of the F.B.I. to track down the killa's. They werw actually taking the birds for an autopsy.

2na
06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
I know Slip - don't think I'm not p'd off too. You should know that we can't use #8 because, as the rangers explained, it's a tough route and the ace in the hole is....we don't want to have an adverse effect on the other user groups....and with this wind I know where I should be right now...ok now you have me worked up and I'm gonna need meds - exhale. Deep breath. Let it out slow...

Oh, and one of the three nests just north of the sticks got predated. Two to go.

Steve, that is the silver lining.

Karl F
06-22-2007, 08:49 AM
AND.. Nauset will close the Gate at 11 PM tonight....

piemma
06-22-2007, 08:57 AM
...and some of you wonder why an old surf dog like me would give up The Back and buy a boat....
Seals, Plovers, no beach to run, nitwit rangers with no brains to figure out the buggys are not killing the Plovers and when you can get on the beach, the fishing has sucked.

Enough said