View Full Version : Make your own tube-n-worm?

Big Vern
08-15-2002, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know where to get that vinyl tubing used in making tube-n-worm rigs? I don't like getting whacked $10 a pop every time ole chompers latches on a few times. Also, I wanted to trick a few out all custom style with a 2 oz. egg sinker up in the mix for trolling with mono. Lastly, do those of you that run these rigs use a spinner? I used tubes with and without, and it doesn't appear to make a marked difference, but that could just be me.

Thanks.

FISHIN' TECHNICIAN
08-15-2002, 08:57 AM
Hey Don

Did you look at like Cabela's on line? They have a lot of lure makin' stuff. Maybe????

I'm gonna check it out on my other PC.

Jack

fishsmith
08-15-2002, 09:04 AM
Sportsman Den in Quincy.
The better the swivel the better the lure for those guys. they spin and spin and spin ...

bdsandman
08-15-2002, 09:05 AM
If your fishing down towards the Cape I know Red Top has both vinyl (sp?) and latex and in many sizes and colors. I'd bet Mike T at M&D's does too but am not sure. I never use the spinners because it's just one more thing to foul and they seem to attract more Blues when the Bass & Blues are mixed.

frayedspool
08-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Sportsmen Den in Quincy
Bassriver Tackle Cape Cod
Rics Bait and Tackle In Leominster..
Kittery Trading Post
Kays on Plum Island

I am going to have to say pretty much most tackle shops will have the equipment you need to make your own lures...

If you want a cheaper way... I know this may sound silly.. but try Home Depot... they literally have every type of tubing you can imagine in any color

Big Vern
08-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Ahh yes...Frayedspool...To Home Depot I go. If they don't have what I'm looking for then one of the local tackle shops will win my business.

Scotch Bonnet
08-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Go to the little guy. Frig the big corperations. We gotta keep our local tackle shops in business or we'll be going to Wal-mart to buy all our gear. That will be a sad day.

FISHIN' TECHNICIAN
08-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Good call SB

Unfortunately for us "westerners" the little guys don't carry much salty tackle. Sometimes, sad to say we have to use the big boys.

I try to replace any lost tackle near the beach so I do leave some of my $$ at the shore. :)

FISHIN' TECHNICIAN
08-15-2002, 09:53 AM
All these browsers, and nobody's talkin'??

Duke41
08-15-2002, 10:21 AM
donuts or doughnuts they both go good with coffee.

Jimbo
08-15-2002, 10:28 AM
I don't know how much legwork you want to do on this, but you might also consider checking the Yellow Pages for surgical supply stores. Surgical tubing comes in different colors and sizes and you buy it by the foot. Maybe give you some opportunity to experiment.

Fishpart
08-15-2002, 11:46 AM
So, I pop in and look to see what's up.

I think M&D's has what you need. Give Mike a call, he'll ship about anything in the shop.

I like to support our site sponsers, I just don't get an opportunity to get by their shops too often..........:(