View Full Version : The grass is always greener.....but...

Back Beach
06-25-2007, 08:47 AM
If you had your choice of occupation that would enable you to spend more time on the water, what would it be and why?
Teacher would be my first choice, speaking from strictly a fishing time standpoint. Summers off for the most part. Mr. Hand concurs.

JFigliuolo
06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
I'd be a trust fund child...

If you had your choice of occupation that would enable you to spend more time on the water, what would it be and why?
Teacher would be my first choice, speaking from strictly a fishing time standpoint. Summers off for the most part.

Squibby17
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Remember that show on ESPN called "Fish On" where three hot women go fishing all over the world in exotic locations and there was one lucky SOB who was the "male host" I think I could get into that gig.:bl:

RIJIMMY
06-25-2007, 09:08 AM
I want to be Larry Dahlberg

RIROCKHOUND
06-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Retired billionaire:
63ft Jim Smith up her for the summer, in the Abacos in the winter
25ft for inshore bass/fluke/blackfish
Plus a house in SoCo for surf-access

The Dad Fisherman
06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Spray Bottle guy for the Hawaiin Tropic photo-shoots....always near the ocean and just gotta make sure the water in the Bottle stays cold...:pop:

BigFish
06-25-2007, 10:14 AM
One thing is for sure Kevin...with a job like that...you would always have your "long rod" with you!:rotflmao:

lurch
06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Teacher would be my first choice, speaking from strictly a fishing time standpoint. Summers off for the most part.

Teacher for me as they also only work 6 hours a day so even more time for fishing.

MrHunters
06-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Remember that show on ESPN called "Fish On" where three hot women go fishing all over the world in exotic locations and there was one lucky SOB who was the "male host" I think I could get into that gig.:bl:

i think that was replaced with "get wild with cindy garrison" :shocked::shocked:

just saw it for the first time this weekend, and she just so happened to bring her slightly less hot friend fishing for dorado.

think i may be tivo'ing that show a couple times :hihi: :hihi:

Gunpowder
06-25-2007, 11:09 AM
i wouldnt mind bein a philanthropist :)

Joe
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Publisher of a small outdoor press with enough titles so I could stop filling boxes...Working on that..

When I was in high school, I dug graves part time..So whenever someone asks me, "How's it going?" I reply, "beats digging graves."

Rockport24
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
teaching ain't no walk in the park, 6 hours a day, but that is up in front of kids teaching. Then correcting papers, preparing class plans, parent teacher meeting, etc, all on top of that. It's a well over a 40 hours per week job when all is said and done. I'm not a teacher, but my parents both taught for over 30 years.

striperman36
06-25-2007, 11:42 AM
The dude who gets to beat Tred Barta to a pulp

Slingah
06-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I actually have it pretty well off for the fishing thing.....self-employed painter....and most of my jobs are in the seaside towns I fish....makes it easy for before work outings and late nites...

Pete F.
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
teaching ain't no walk in the park, 6 hours a day, but that is up in front of kids teaching. Then correcting papers, preparing class plans, parent teacher meeting, etc, all on top of that. It's a well over a 40 hours per week job when all is said and done. I'm not a teacher, but my parents both taught for over 30 years.
I had a teacher in high school who worked in industry prior to teaching and he said it was an easy job, but he was a natural teacher and taught math in a state with Regents exams where the cirriculum was pretty static. After a few years the day to day stuff of planning, homework and testing is already done, you can do the BS work of grading etc. quickly, and spend your time teaching.
Of course my kids have to write explanations of how they arrived at the answer to their math problems, I would have failed.

rockonjim9
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
lucky me...2 12 hour shifts sat+sun 7a-7p time+1/2....36 is close enough to 40 for me to get bye....all week long man...nice

missing link
06-25-2007, 05:22 PM
I still want my job but IT would be nice to trade one week day for a saturday it's less hectic @the ramp and JR could fish with me monday/tuesday /// my Boss is a fisherman also but won't BEND:mad:
LINK

Slipknot
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
A Landlord
owner of lots of nice property and only work 14 hours a week. All other business obligations get handled by the emplotees :D

Raven
06-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I'd lure them in at the beach and nail them in the surf....
afterwards i'd get paid and not have to drive to fish.:bl:

jkjnp
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Teacher for me as they also only work 6 hours a day so even more time for fishing.

Ahhhh...... I am a teacher. Who told you that we only work six hours a day??? Every job has its challenges. All I know is that working with middle schoolers from 7:30am-4:30pm (I coach) is pretty exhausting. Throw in correcting, preperation, and meetings and you've got a full time job (9 months out of the year::jump: )

Actually, one of the reasons I teach is so that I have time to do things I enjoy--Fish being #1 on the list.

NIB
06-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I certainly miss summer recess...
Skool's out for Summmer,,,,,,

spence
06-25-2007, 09:41 PM
When I was in high school, I dug graves part time..So whenever someone asks me, "How's it going?" I reply, "beats digging graves."
Wow kiddies, that's destined to be a classic bit of Joe Lyons humor :hee:

:jump:

-spence

macojoe
06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I have the job already!!

I work 4 days a week, 3 days off, I work Graveyard which leaves all my days off, and I get at least 5 of my 10 hour shift to sleep.

Dosen't get that much better! :bshake: