in IRAN lol

they are so mad that the fuel went up 20 cents per gallon

it now gosts them 42 cents per gallon .....booo hoooo:bc:

that in protest they set 12 gas stations on fire

poor iranians... :bc:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/27/iran.fuel/index.html

likwid
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
And we sit here and ACCEPT that prices keep going up.

Ahhh I love how fat stupid and lazy this country is.

MakoMike
06-27-2007, 04:17 PM
The cost of subsidizing gas is ruining the Iranian economy.

stripersnipr
06-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Wow.......low self esteem issue or what?

likwid
06-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow.......low self esteem issue or what?

Nope, just disgusted over the fact that everyone sits here happily while corporations go along their merry way of increasing prices as much as they want to regardless of supply/demand.

Do you ENJOY paying $3.00 a gallon?

stripersnipr
06-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Nope, just disgusted over the fact that everyone sits here happily while corporations go along their merry way of increasing prices as much as they want to regardless of supply/demand.

Do you ENJOY paying $3.00 a gallon?

Of course not, but I don't categorize an entire country as fat, stupid and lazy because they aren't burning gas stations in protest.

likwid
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Of course not, but I don't categorize an entire country as fat, stupid and lazy because they aren't burning gas stations in protest.

But the fact is they don't do ANYTHING AT ALL.
Everyone as a whole just sits around and whines "man this sucks. gas is $3 a gallon."

You don't have to burn down a gas station to make a point.
But you can certainly complain more and louder to the people that actually matter.

But nobody would notice that a gas station was burning here anyhow.
It'd never make the news.
Something about some 'war' elsewhere is more important than our own country. ;)

Skip N
06-27-2007, 07:19 PM

You've gotta be the most negative person around! Is there anything about this country you like? All you ever do is bitch and wine. And you think you know it all.

riverrat55
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Before we all forget!!!
Big corporations run this country which is a capitalist sytem!!!
And the little guys pay for it!!!

fishpoopoo
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
they're at peak production too (starting to run out of oil).

that is scary.

Backbeach Jake
06-28-2007, 05:19 AM
.42 a gallon! Man they have it pretty sweet over there!!
This was a sarcastic remark, no need to reply...

Smokey14
06-28-2007, 06:01 AM
.42 a gallon! Man they have it pretty sweet over there!!
This was a sarcastic remark, no need to reply...

I was going to reply but I'm to fat stupid and lazy.

I'm just curious. Likwid, What are you personally doing about the higher cost of oil? Do you drive a hybrid car or do you ride a bike to work? have you put solar panels on your house or at least changed all your light bulbs to low volt fluorescent? surly you must be an active participant or you wouldn't be so vocal.:gorez:

Nebe
06-28-2007, 06:41 AM
He uses sailboats instead of power boats :hihi:

MakoMike
06-28-2007, 07:15 AM
You do know that you can buy gas at free market prices, just like the big corporations do, on the NY merchantile exchange. who do you think sets those prices?

fishpoopoo
06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
You do know that you can buy gas at free market prices, just like the big corporations do, on the NY merchantile exchange. who do you think sets those prices?

speculators with a ton of liquidity to put to work.

Bronko
06-28-2007, 08:23 AM
"""[QUOTE=likwid;503800]But the fact is they don't do ANYTHING AT ALL.
Everyone as a whole just sits around and whines "man this sucks. gas is $3 a gallon."

But you can certainly complain more and louder to the people that actually matter."""

But Muslim extremists burn soldiers hanging from bridges and behead contractors and reporters to make their point. Under your theory all they would have to do is complain louder? You should shoot them a quick memo.

Saltheart
06-28-2007, 08:26 AM
I love paying $3 per gallon for gas. Its got to be a lot better gas than that $1.50 per gallon stuff we were getting before!!! ??? :)

It is good to know that americans , being so "fat lazy and stupid" won't riot and try to topple the govenment when the price of gas goes up 20 cents. I guess being "fat , lazy and stupid" does have some good points too.

Mike P
06-28-2007, 11:13 AM
But you can certainly complain more and louder to the people that actually matter.

And who might they be? :rotfl: :laughs: :rotflmao:

fishpoopoo
06-28-2007, 12:08 PM
And who might they be? :rotfl: :laughs: :rotflmao:

well, to be fair to likwid, we could complain to the taxing authorities (fed.gov and state.gov) about the per-gallon gasoline surcharges they tack on to the retail price of gasoline.

it won't solve everything, but it will certainly help.

fishpoopoo
06-28-2007, 12:15 PM
also, if you wanted to be a real pain in the arse, one could lobby congress to remove the favorable tax treatment that commodity futures contracts enjoy (a portion of capital gains on futures contracts are taxed at the long-term = lower rate).

of course, you do that, the entire city of Chicago will revolt.

but that's okay, i hate Chicago.

fishpoopoo
06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
not being reported by Iranian television and our own MSM are large-scale protests and rioting by the 30 and under crowd in Iran.

this is really bad news for ahmadinerag ... the 30 and under crowd have no allegiance to the islamic revolution and are pro-modernity and quality of life.

cracks in the regime?

Raven
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
the power of MTV

buckman
06-30-2007, 02:09 PM
The problem in Iran is the same problem we have. They have very few refineries. They have plenty of oil.We can't build them here because of regulations. Look at the trouble we have getting an LNG port.