View Full Version : How to get eels past bluefish.

ilovetwofish
06-28-2007, 04:46 AM
I fish 2 times A week in my yak drifting eels I do pretty good at night or early morning. Here is the problem the bluefish move in and my 25$ in eels are gone real fast. The water is anywere from 10 to 40 feet deep should I put on a heavy sinker to get past those eel robbers if so how should I rig it up, or should i move to another spot to get away from them or something else. Any suggestions please.

NIB
06-28-2007, 06:12 AM
That god they have for he most part finally left here....
I hate the eel cigar..
Find some tin lead an jam some in there mouths..
It won't take much to sink em.Too much an u'll have to retrieve it too fast to keep from getting hung on the bottom..Attracting the bluefish in the process..

fishaholic18
06-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I fish 2 times A week in my yak drifting eels I do pretty good at night or early morning. Here is the problem the bluefish move in and my 25$ in eels are gone real fast. The water is anywere from 10 to 40 feet deep should I put on a heavy sinker to get past those eel robbers if so how should I rig it up, or should i move to another spot to get away from them or something else. Any suggestions please.

I'd move and have the Clammer clear that spot of Blues for ya.:laughs:
Seriously, I'd get out of there till they leave, try the spot at a different stage of the tide.

flyben24
06-28-2007, 09:42 AM
yea i would get out of there and try out some new spots