View Full Version : Do you think burning things in effigy...

spence
06-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Is an effective way to remove a curse?

I'm thinking my old fishing cap, from when I started surfcasting might be holding me back. It's tattered and not very attractive. A little kerosene and she'd go right up.

Other than that I've considered offering eels vodka, hanging webs made from flouro around my house to catch evil spirits and beating the neighbors cat.

Perhaps I should just sell all my gear and get back to cooking. Those surf rods would buy a lot of French Copper.

Thoughts?

-spence

Uncle Matt
06-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Beating the neighbors cat..... hmmm......Ah it's not worth it. If things got you down and fishing isn't going to plan then sure go ahead and shake things up. Burn the hat, and switch out the "old reliable" plugs in your bag that your used to using. Try something diferent. Pretend it's opposite day. Do the uncannty or unthinkable. Fish locations you ordinarily don't. Fish tides or times you ordinarily don't. Take a week off and start with a fresh mind again. If that doesn't get the mojo going then consider looking for the neighbors cat!!!

And before any of you cat loving, feline PETA freaks sound off these cat comments are made in jest.

stripersnipr
06-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Is an effective way to remove a curse?

I'm thinking my old fishing cap, from when I started surfcasting might be holding me back. It's tattered and not very attractive. A little kerosene and she'd go right up.

Other than that I've considered offering eels vodka, hanging webs made from flouro around my house to catch evil spirits and beating the neighbors cat.

Perhaps I should just sell all my gear and get back to cooking. Those surf rods would buy a lot of French Copper.

Thoughts?

-spence

All of the above except selling your gear.

Pete F.
06-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd burn those pants

NIB
06-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I treied that with teh hat one time..
i ended up runnning around a bonfire Nekid..

UserRemoved1
06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
It's the TIES

I'd burn those pants

tattoobob
06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I think if you gave a custom plug to me and Eben the curse would be lifted.

thortum
06-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Absolutly not. Just take the cap and give it to your best fishing partner. If he starts having bad luck, do not mention the curse, but do take him or her out for a nice diner [or dinner-I always get them mixed up].

Nebe
06-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I think if you gave a custom plug to me and Eben the curse would be lifted.

that would probably work.

What would also work is when he goes fishing with someone who says" Ive been doing very very well with white superstrike darters casting right over there- to actually listen to him and not tie on an eel rig... :hs: :angel:

Spence- I'm going to be over there tonight... 2nd time is a charm.

cheferson
06-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Sell all your gear . I need a pair of simms waders :think:

spence
06-30-2007, 12:50 PM
What would also work is when he goes fishing with someone who says" Ive been doing very very well with white superstrike darters casting right over there- to actually listen to him and not tie on an eel rig... :hs: :angel:
Yea, like the time you said throw needles on BI and I outfished you topwater :wavey:

-spence

basswipe
06-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I need to burn something cuz I'm in one hell of a slump.

johnny ducketts
06-30-2007, 02:53 PM
If you want a cat to beat, you can have mine, just let me get a few kicks first.

Rick Ackley
06-30-2007, 06:04 PM
God, keep the cap, it has the mojo. You just need to do the totally opposite of the norm. Fish the dead tides, the back creeks, high noon, and the jetties loaded with crud. Catch a fish and you'll be on your way to riddin the voodoo. Skip kickin the cat, last time I booted mine, I found the hidden leg under the middle of the couch. Some toes still point in an odd angle.

labrax
06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Scott Proctor of the Yankees apparently took a bunch of gear out of his locker at Yankee Staduium today after the Yanks lost to the A's 8-0 and burned it.

Hopefully it will not work for him, but it may provide you with some observational data - you can check out whether Proctor pitches better from here on out and draw your own conclusions about his efforts to change his luck.

spence
06-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Sell all your gear . I need a pair of simms waders :think:
Don't have Simms waders...just a pair of very leaky LLBean's :uhoh:

-spence

redcrbbr
06-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I have heard that running a cursed cap through a virgin dishwasher has a 98% success rate of curse removal.

riverrat55
06-30-2007, 08:25 PM
I have 3 or 4 hats and switch them from time to time to change my luck!!! It usually does the trick!!!

cheferson
06-30-2007, 10:45 PM
maybe a pair of these?
http://www.fishergirl.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=5

Joe
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a Lugo-style slump. Just don't make the third out on an independent, ill-advised attempt at stealing third when there is two outs.
Whatever you do, do it before the trade deadline.

EricM
07-01-2007, 03:05 AM
vodka offerings

Nebe
07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Yea, like the time you said throw needles on BI and I outfished you topwater :wavey:

-spence

dude, i released a 45 lber that night.. I didn't tell you because i knew it would make you jealous:rotflmao:

keeperreaper
07-03-2007, 10:34 PM
To break all my slumps I've poured a few ounces of beer into Mother Ocean and she has always rewarded me for quenching her thirst. Bronko do I speak the truth or what? Try it. She loves Miller Lite.

stiff tip
07-04-2007, 03:32 AM
spence....sell all your fishing gear ....u know u suck.....make u feel better now ????

Swimmer
07-04-2007, 10:43 AM
fishing endeavours "catch fire." Is this an oxymoron? Or an inverted redundancy? Or something............................stupid or my part?:bl:

stiff tip
07-05-2007, 04:15 AM
fishing endeavours "catch fire." Is this an oxymoron? Or an inverted redundancy? Or something............................stupid or my part?:bl:

swimmer... stay away from the hydro for a while ... only me n u understand what u said :smash:

Goose
07-05-2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QC_zMA-A4&mode=related&search=

This is a must watch video,,,it will definantly remove ALL curses you may have.

p.s. the best is at the end