View Full Version : Any reports from the Cape? (Kayak or shore)

basshunter
06-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm heading down to P-Town for the day tomorrow. My wife and daughter want to spend the day at the beach so I'll be wetting a line all day! Are they biting from the shore or should I bring the kayak?
Tide is around 1PM, we'll be there a few hours prior to it and a few after high tide. Also, is there anything I should know about yaking that area, never done it before...
Thanks for any input...

RickBomba
06-30-2007, 05:53 PM
MAYBEEEEEEEEEE, maybe, maybe if you get lucky tomorrow you will:
#1) Even get onto the beach, it's a mob scene out there.
#2) Go way out in the yak and get really lucky get one trollin
#3) Nothing on shore at all at the beach access points
#4) Only the really early dawn patrollers (like hitting the sand at 3 am) are getting fish, and those are micros, the bite locks up from 7 am to 8 pm.
Like a wasteland out there with lots of bugs!!!
Later,
Rick

RickBomba
06-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh yes, don't fall off the yak or somebody will call the coastguard on you, too.

Rick Ackley
06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Tough weekend to be on the Cape, drove by 495 today off the Pike, traffic was back almost three miles at noon. There are fish, but the birds have shut down easy access, and the bite is as said before early in the day, from reports I have gotten. Good luck on the trip. Being on the Cape is the best.

basshunter
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
thanks for the heads up from both, I knew the area would be a nut house because of the week ahead, but my wife makes the plans, I just have to find a place to fish around her plans, lol.
Thanks