View Full Version : first keeper

shore manic
08-17-2002, 09:52 AM
;) finally caught my first keeper this year! 32inch nice girth didn't weigh it. measured it and set him free to grow some more.friends went out at low tide and dug me some large clams where i fish high cliff beach,plymouth.lots of rocks. was just going over to check bait,when the reel starting singing on my 7 ft rod it's a great rod lot's of backbone but the reels not so great.smaller abu surfcaster more for schoolies.it sounded like it was busting up.time for a better reel.great morning and back tonight. sorry no pictures,fishing alone.i'm on web tv and no scanner yet :smash:

Clammer
08-17-2002, 09:53 AM
E N J O Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy: :happy: :happy:

JohnR
08-17-2002, 12:38 PM
It's your start - wait til things improve in a few weeks :D

DaveS
08-17-2002, 04:04 PM
Good job! Welcome to the club, and I hope you get an even larger one this fall.

Katie
08-17-2002, 05:30 PM
HEY WAY TO GO. haven't cought a keeper yet just some flook ;)

shore manic
08-18-2002, 07:10 AM
thanks guys!!! and gals!!!! this place is boiling at dead low in the channels. cordage to the east bay grill. 8 to 12 inch tails blitzing in the channels. i can't keep it to myself so go get e'm.after fishing in the morning my friend who has fished there for 30 years took me down at dead low and said now just watch. fish busting everywhere in the channels!!! at dead low you can walk out and throw in to the channel.these fish are 40 to 50lbs. go get e'm and i'm sure you'll have quite a smile ;) :happy: any one out there that has a
boat i can put you on these fish but seeing how i gave you all the info you can find them yourself.good luck i can't just sit here and keep it to myself!!:smash:

STRIPER77
08-18-2002, 03:34 PM
shore manic--Take it easy, easy now--someone more familiar with such could recommend a tablet. We've had enough cardiac incidents here. Take it easy.:hs: :hs: :hs: