View Full Version : Good Morning

capecodder
07-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Got on the boat yesterday morning at 4:30am, a few Tuna guys were on the way out. My buddy arrived and we headed out in my 18 foot Grady for bass. Plan was to leave the North River by 4:45am and head straight for PTown, my first trip across in my boat.

Forecast called for 1' or less seas with a light westerly breeze. About half way across, we realized they were slightly off as the waves were building and we saw an occasional white cap.

Arrived at Race Point around at 6:01 and the wind was blowing hard and we were in 3 ft seas. Dropped the jigs and bam, with our first pass, my friend landed a nice 32" bass. We were on the board.

I added a 29" and a schoolie. We then went back for another pass and both of us hooked up on significantly larger fish. We simultaneously brought to the boat fish that looked to be in th 25lb+ class... and we BOTH dropped them at the boat!!! How bad is that???

Anyway, about 8am we realinzed the seas were still building, the bite had slowed, and we should head back before it got even worse (plus I had family stuff at 10am to get home for).

Tough going at first as the wind was coming slightly from the NW and blowing strong. Back into the marina around 9:45, bass sandwich for lunch, yummy...

Fun trip.

MarshCappa
07-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Nice job, sounds like you did great!

Uncle Matt
07-01-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm glad someone had a good day. Nice job Captain.

capecodkid
07-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Similar morning around the vineyard jigging this morning. In an hour we had 5 bass with the biggest being 29lbs. Great bite this morning right after those storms passed out.