View Full Version : Any Advice..Where are the fish at? Boston/Quincy Area

smittyballz
07-09-2007, 01:38 PM
So I am new to the fishing on a boat thing. I got my first boat this year 17.5 ft larson. I go out of weymouth boat ramp. I have learned that it is not proper etiquette to tell where you are catching your fish. I am just looking for maybe some spots around weymouth,boston, hull, quincy area...I have been out 4 times and no fish.. just dogfish..sharks as my girlfriend calls them :hihi: I am looking to go out this weekend and or next and any info would be very helpful. I am really craving a striper or a bluefish. Thanks.

MrHunters
07-09-2007, 04:06 PM
you know its not nice to ask for spots but then you do? interesting approach there.

put your time in like the rest of us and you will find fish.. lots of us this year are putting time in with little to show for it, so i'd be surprised if someones gonna shell out any points for ya.

good luck, look for humps, rips and rocks and you should be good.

luds
07-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Spend some money in a tackle shop and they will tell you.

Elmo
07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Rick at fore river bait and tackle is a great guy and will tell you all you need to know about that area. I haven't fished up that way in a while but I used to fish in and around slate and grape island with good success. Good luck.

Christian
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
go out early, like sun rise, keep an eye out for bait in those areas and you should be able to find fish. the early morning is the best time to locate fish.

smittyballz
07-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Thanks Guys,
I never know if those are good spots cause I never see anyone fishing there.. but I will definitely put my time in and try them all out. Thx again

stripersnipr
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Follow the birds. They always know where the fish are.