View Full Version : Fishing for the toys,over!!

eelman
09-23-2000, 09:32 AM
Fished my favorite south shore hotspot last night with tim coleman.Had 16 bass 5 of which were well over 20lbs on both eels and needlefish plugs. The water was loaded with finger mullet.No one else there!!! anyway, the falls here! and its time to target those big bass only have a limited amount of time left! and, if we get anytime of bad storm it will be even more limited! I was fishing close to watch hill light and that place has fish also.

Linesides
09-23-2000, 11:38 AM
Hey #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&,
I just had my first experiences on the RI coast yesterday, and I must say you guys are really lucky. Such great structure and beautiful water. I visited Newport's beaches like the Cliff Walk and Brenton State Park, and fished the West Wall down in E. Matunuck and then the Charlestown Breachway (loaded with hammerheads crowding the end while fishing for scup). I also plan on doing some fishing Sunday evening, and would love any reccommendations as to what other spots I should be checking out while I'm here. I certainly plan on picking up some eels to sling for after sunset, but I plan on starting to fish around 3 or 4. I'd appreciate any advice, and great to hear that you got into some nice fish last night.

eelman
09-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey who says I never caught fish on Plugs!! here is an oldy but goodie......Dug this thread ou from way backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Mike P
09-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I wonder how many people are going to read this thread, not see the date of your post, and book on down to WH Light tonite :laugha:

nightprowler
09-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I wonder how many people are going to read this thread, not see the date of your post, and book on down to WH Light tonite :laugha:
a lot more if you hadn't brought it up!!:bshake: :bshake:
I was surprised by the needle fish, thats what made me look at the date.

Krispy
09-29-2006, 02:11 PM
I was actually thinking w/ the wind it might be a good idea to head down near that area 2night
Funny how the same week, 6 years to date when you posted, there was tons of finger mullet around

tattoobob
09-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Sherman fire up the wayback machine