View Full Version : South of Boston beaches

Rick Ackley
07-18-2007, 05:49 AM
I am planning a day at the shore, and was wondering if there is any action at all in this area. Coming from Western Mass and would like to soak the waders for a tide or two.

Rick Ackley
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
67 views and not even a PM?

Moses
07-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Will you be concentrating on boston down to canal? Lost of public beaches along the way, just be careful about nightime parking.

Lots of blues and small stripers during the daylight hours. Dawn and dusk are the best times to fish. I've hit a few beaches between Marshfield and Plymouth over the last 2 weeks and have had "ok" success. Some topwater action but mostly soaking bait for one decent fish per outing.

BigFish
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Rick I half responded this morning when you posted, but I did not want to deter you from fishing! It has been just awful here on the south shore.....so pick a spot and give em' Hell!

Sorry to sound negative.....its all I got!

5/0
07-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I use to fish Southie for years,if you park @ the beginning of the Sugar bowl you can walk out towards that channel you'll see the boats on there moorings in front of you & the marina to the right.as the tide drops you can continue to walk out further towards the channel that was a good spot for plugging @ the end of the out going tide you can jig lead heads & bucktails w/o getting stuck on the bottom.If you walk out to the Sugar bowl to your left is the dropping tide out wash,this was a good spot for jigging Storm shads 3" & 6" & buck tails, the water between the out wash & Sugar bowl is rocky and fairly shallow.@ the top right part of your screen you'll see Castle Island & the pair.

The GPS coordinates.

Hope this helps ya

MarshCappa
07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I guess Southie really can't get any more crowded so that detailed info isn't a spot burn.

Marshfield shore fishing for me has sucked. I've been hitting my favorite rock at dusk and it hasn't produced anything.

ShipWrecked
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Damn, in the olds day the Sugar Bowl was the bomb. I used catch cod, eels, macs, seabass, striper, pollack and flounder. At least you catch some of the above fish still.

cardnial77
07-19-2007, 12:14 AM
hey marsh, was that you i saw out there last night with your son?

Rick Ackley
07-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks guys. I had a thought of hitting M' beach at B' creek in Q' town for the dropping evening flow. Not sure about the AM flush yet. Again, thanks.

BigFish
07-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Can't win if you don't play Rick! Good luck!:uhuh:

MarshCappa
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
hey marsh, was that you i saw out there last night with your son?

If you were at the Rexhame/South River on Sunday afternoon then yes. We were drifting some sea worms. NADA except for a couple of crabs that entertained him.

cardnial77
07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
well there are fish here. just got to put alot of time in to get them.

caught at 11am today from a rock in marshfield on a white RM Smith Big Eye Peanut

MarshCappa
07-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Nice work!

Slingah
07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
:claps: :claps:

Rick Ackley
07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Proof enough for me, thanks for all the help guys. Hope to see ya on the beach.