View Full Version : bottom fishin

striperjerk1
08-21-2002, 10:50 AM
i see a lot post with people using eels and jigs and lures, but what about bottom fishin? does anybody fish the bottom from shore? just curios.:confused:

STEVE IN MASS
08-21-2002, 10:53 AM
SJ1 - yeah, I do a lot of chunking from shore.....what's ya need to know?

striperjerk1
08-21-2002, 11:05 AM
hey steve in mass. does anybody have sand eels. in rhody? dont like chunks always falls off. i usually use squid in rhody. but i love sand eels for bait. how about mummies?

redcrbbr
08-21-2002, 11:06 AM
yep!!! maybe 80% of the time, sling snakes the rest of the time. subject to change.. of course;)

striperjerk1
08-21-2002, 11:11 AM
i like to do both at night.but havent done any in awhile. then run like heck when rod goes down .lol:D what size hook do i need for chunks? is there a way of hooking em?

Jenn
08-21-2002, 09:59 PM
then run like heck when rod goes down

LMAO!!!!!

and practically kill yerself if there is any little lump bump or ball of seaweed in your way!!!!!!;)

yes I love my sand eels I will confess......Red introduced me to chunks......which was cool.....but I am STILL trying to get that herring smell outta my clothes...:( :( !!! and as far as hooking it....well I felt like I was doing it wrong....kept falling off......nature of the beast??? or me????

but if youre catchin fishies....does any of this REALLY matter????LOL;) :D :D :D :D

striperjerk1
08-21-2002, 11:19 PM
yeah i like my sand eels to, guess i,ll use squid strips. or maybe import some sand eels from mass.hmmm, doesnt sound to bad.:laughs: now to find room in the freezer.:smash:

gilligan
08-22-2002, 06:05 PM
and i usually use a #7 hook with fishfinder setup. the tail or the head of just about any bait fish should hold a hook pretty well.