View Full Version : Michael Vick--

justplugit
07-22-2007, 11:03 AM
If he is found guilty, they should put HIM in a pail of water on the

50yd line on opening day attached to a 24 volt battery and a few electrodes. :af:

MAC
07-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe just put a collar on him with a short chain attached to the ground. He would have to be handcuffed and muzzled of course. Then don't feed the pitbulls for a week. Douse him with male dog urine and then set the pitbulls loose on him. If he beats the 6 or 8 angry pitbulls he gets electrocuted if he loses it won't matter but just to be sure, shock him anyways.

BigFish
07-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Trash! Career over....end of story!

Team Rock On
07-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Yep, he's done and off to jail. The Feds don't press charges unless they know they will win. I think their "guilty" rate is close to 99%.

Skip N
07-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Sick F'ing person he is :mad:

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
With regards to the dogs, it is what is.....utter disgust. But overrated -I don't think so, if he had a good supporting cast (Stallworth, Moss, Holt) he would be the most dangerous player in football.....

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2007, 01:20 PM
With regards to the dogs, it is what is.....utter disgust. But overrated -I don't think so, if he had a good supporting cast (Stallworth, Moss, Holt) he would be the most dangerous player in football.....

WRONG !!!
"Most dangerous player in football"
Maybe with his running abilities, but he's not Dan Marion with his arm, He's one of the most inaccurate in the league!

fishsmith
07-23-2007, 01:22 PM
I had Vick on my fantasy team two of the last three seasons. He sucked.
Anyone who is part of killing a dog because the dog doesn't win a fight ain't civil and should be behind bars or pushing up daisys.

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
He had a passing efficiency mark of 180.4 as a freshmen at VT in 2000, he led the NCAA that year in passing efficiency.

That same year, he took the Hokies to the championship, they lost....but at one point they led briefly after overcoming a 21 point deficit.

He was named to his first Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played, only missing a game to the New York Giants on October 13 due to a sprained shoulder. He completed 231 of 421 passes for 2,936 yards (both career-highs) and 16 touchdowns, while he also tallied 113 carries for 777 yards and eight rushing touchdowns....All at age 22, 6' and 210lbs.

He has the most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game...EVER

Vick also tied for third in team history for the lowest interception percentage in a season at 1.90 and continued a streak of consecutive passes without an interception that began at St. Louis on January 6, 2002 in the season-finale of the 2001 season and extended to the first quarter vs. Baltimore on November 3, 2002.

His streak covered 25 straight quarters and 177 passes without an interception.

On January 1, 2003, Vick led the Atlanta Falcons to an upset victory over the heavily favored Green Bay Packers 27-7 in the NFC playoffs, ending the Packers' undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field.

During a pre-season game against the Baltimore Ravens on August 16, Vick suffered a fractured right fibula and missed the first 11 games of the regular season. In Week 13, Vick made his season debut in relief of QB Doug Johnson in the third quarter at Houston on November 30, completing 8 of 11 passes for 60 yards and recording 16 rushing yards on three carries. He posted his first start of the season vs. Carolina on December 7 and amassed the third-highest rushing total by a quarterback in NFL history with 141 yards on 14 carries and one score to lead the Falcons to a come-from-behind 20-14 overtime victory

In 2004, Vick was named to his second Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 181 of 321 passes for 2,313 yards with 14 touchdowns

In 2005, Vick was named to his third Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 214 of 387 passes for 2,412 yards with 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Vick’s 2,412 passing yards moved his career totals to 9,031 in 2005, which bumped him into fourth place all-time in Falcons history. His 597 rushing yards on 102 carries (5.9 avg.) with six scores led all NFL quarterbacks and his 5.9 average yards per carry led all NFL rushers with at least 100 carries. Vick also helped three players have career years in RB Warrick Dunn, TE Alge Crumpler, and WR Michael Jenkins.

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I could say more, but I don't much need 2....

dog fighting is cruel, but Michael Vick is definitely, nor not overrated. They struggled '06, but the falcons suck. Please name a decent wide receiver who plays for the Falcons.....like I said before, if he had a decent supporting casts, he would be the most dangerous player in football.

fishbones
07-23-2007, 02:02 PM
He had a passing efficiency mark of 180.4 as a freshmen at VT in 2000, he led the NCAA that year in passing efficiency.

That same year, he took the Hokies to the championship, they lost....but at one point they led briefly after overcoming a 21 point deficit.

He was named to his first Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played, only missing a game to the New York Giants on October 13 due to a sprained shoulder. He completed 231 of 421 passes for 2,936 yards (both career-highs) and 16 touchdowns, while he also tallied 113 carries for 777 yards and eight rushing touchdowns....All at age 22, 6' and 210lbs.

He has the most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game...EVER

Vick also tied for third in team history for the lowest interception percentage in a season at 1.90 and continued a streak of consecutive passes without an interception that began at St. Louis on January 6, 2002 in the season-finale of the 2001 season and extended to the first quarter vs. Baltimore on November 3, 2002.

His streak covered 25 straight quarters and 177 passes without an interception.

On January 1, 2003, Vick led the Atlanta Falcons to an upset victory over the heavily favored Green Bay Packers 27-7 in the NFC playoffs, ending the Packers' undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field.

During a pre-season game against the Baltimore Ravens on August 16, Vick suffered a fractured right fibula and missed the first 11 games of the regular season. In Week 13, Vick made his season debut in relief of QB Doug Johnson in the third quarter at Houston on November 30, completing 8 of 11 passes for 60 yards and recording 16 rushing yards on three carries. He posted his first start of the season vs. Carolina on December 7 and amassed the third-highest rushing total by a quarterback in NFL history with 141 yards on 14 carries and one score to lead the Falcons to a come-from-behind 20-14 overtime victory

In 2004, Vick was named to his second Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 181 of 321 passes for 2,313 yards with 14 touchdowns

In 2005, Vick was named to his third Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 214 of 387 passes for 2,412 yards with 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Vick’s 2,412 passing yards moved his career totals to 9,031 in 2005, which bumped him into fourth place all-time in Falcons history. His 597 rushing yards on 102 carries (5.9 avg.) with six scores led all NFL quarterbacks and his 5.9 average yards per carry led all NFL rushers with at least 100 carries. Vick also helped three players have career years in RB Warrick Dunn, TE Alge Crumpler, and WR Michael Jenkins.

Your stats on Vick are interesting, but I could counter them with stats about completion percentage, QB rating, sacks, TD to INT ratio, etc... and he would look worse than most QB's in the NFL. The most important stat (besides winning %) for QB's is completion percentage. His is among the worst in the NFL in that category. People love to jump on the Mike Vick bandwaggon because he is exciting and flashy with his play and his hip hop personna. Bottom line is that he is not a good QB. He doesn't give his receivers time to finish routes because he sprints out of the pocket at the first sign of a pass rush. He doesn't allow his O-linemen to set up their blocks because he doesn't stay in the pocket. He reads defenses very poorly and does not check down to 2nd or 3rd receiver options. Anyone who has played football knows about reading defenses and if a QB doesn't read defenses well, he will either have to run or throw the ball away. In Vick's case, he runs because he can. He is a WR playing QB for a team that will never win as long as he is behind center. As far as the dog fight allegations, if they prove to be true, he is a scumbag and they should lock him up for the maximum amount of time. Then he can be sacked from behind by a a 300lb hairy dude named Tiny.

fishsmith
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't think I'll be taking Vick this year, but his t-shirts should be going on sale soon. :rotflmao:

Fantasy outlook
19. MICHAEL VICK, ATLANTA: 2,474 yards, 20 TDs, 13 INTs, 1,039 yards rushing, 2 TDs. Nothing like a dogfighting indictment to send you plummeting down the rankings. Could be looking at suspension or worse.

fishbones
07-23-2007, 02:05 PM

dog fighting is cruel, but Michael Vick is definitely, nor not overrated. They struggled '06, but the falcons suck. Please name a decent wide receiver who plays for the Falcons.....like I said before, if he had a decent supporting casts, he would be the most dangerous player in football.

You yourself said that Jenkins and Crumpler had career years with the stats you pulled from the Mike Vick Media Guide. So, I guess he has had some good receivers while in Atlanta.

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Vick is non traditional, and I don't think the west coast passing style of Atlanta's offensive coordinators is suited for him, its no secret that they don't see eye to eye and his attitude doesn't help. Sure, he is no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, they are traditionally solid quaterbacks with excellent (although predictable) fundamentals. Vick is another breed of quarterback, he is more explosive- period. You clearly have little appreciation for the sheer level of athleticism, and if anything is overrated it is the criticism of his arm. And Finneran, his go to guy, was injured all of 06' and he has made Alge Crumpler a better player without a doubt, but he too is slow. If Vick had Marvin Harrison, or any other deep threat...you already know what it would be. None of the Falcon's receivers have any speed...none of them. By the way, the stats speak for themselves. He is not someone I want around my dogs but he is one hell of an athlete.

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 02:09 PM
QB rating doesn't take into account rushing

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 02:14 PM
and with regards to reading the defense, maybe Brady should have done that last playoffs when he through that interception that cost us the 07 title. Under pressure, Brady always throws up the middle. The Colts defense new this, and the rest is history...

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
and with regards to reading the defense, maybe Brady should have done that last playoffs when he through that interception that cost us the 07 title. Under pressure, Brady always throws up the middle. The Colts defense new this, and the rest is history...

You must be either joking have a man love thing for Vick !
Even I (a Raiders fan) give Tom Brady credit for being one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game, and on a scale of 1-10
Both Manning and Brady are a 9.9 , but Manning has the better arm, and Brady is more mobil than Manning!
Vick is maybe a 2 smart, 8-9 arm for distance, 2-3 arm accuarate, 10.5 mobil

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Last year he started the season ranked 6th in winning percentage among current starting quaterbacks. He had 20 touchdowns last season and threw for 204 of 388. Thats not great, but that damn sure isn't bad. Peerliss Price is an average receiver and he is not known for blinding speed, and he was a total bust for the falcons. He was'nt chopped liver, he was liquid s*** because the Falcons released him for his dismal play. He had something like six touchdowns that whole season, he was better suited for the bench at that point. A fast receiver is better at getting to those overthrown balls. A good receiver gets the ball. Vick gets a lot of bad publicity for whatever reasons. He got harrassed over a water bottle in Miami and the critics sucked it up like pigs at a trough, the press has been waiting to cook Vick for long time. Lets face it, its something else about Vick rubbing your rhubarb. Hopefully the recent allegations will compel you to volunteer at your local human society. As far as the sports spectating, you leave that to me....

t.orlando
07-23-2007, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=EarnedStripes44;509405] He got harrassed over a water bottle in Miami and the critics sucked it up like pigs at a trough, /QUOTE]
Harrassed??? He shoulda got his butt arrested. Authorities dropped the ball on that one. Vick is one of the best runningbacks in the league, but at best a marginal QB. He was not even the best QB on his team last year.

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Last year he started the season ranked 6th in winning percentage among current starting quaterbacks. He had 20 touchdowns last season and threw for 204 of 388. Thats not great, but that damn sure isn't bad. Peerliss Price is an average receiver and he is not known for blinding speed, and he was a total bust for the falcons. He was'nt chopped liver, he was liquid s*** because the Falcons released him for his dismal play. He had something like six touchdowns that whole season, he was better suited for the bench at that point. A fast receiver is better at getting to those overthrown balls. A good receiver gets the ball. Vick gets a lot of bad publicity for whatever reasons. He got harrassed over a water bottle in Miami and the critics sucked it up like pigs at a trough, the press has been waiting to cook Vick for long time. Lets face it, its something else about Vick rubbing your rhubarb. Hopefully the recent allegations will compel you to volunteer at your local human society. As far as the sports spectating, you leave that to me....

I've got a feeling this is a racial thing for you !

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
race?, I thought this was about animal cruelty...

fishsmith
07-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Lemme guess..You're the Michael Vick guy that calls EEI? :rotf3:

:laughs: :laughs:

fishbones
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
EarnedStripes44 , you've picked a handful of positive stats from years of Vick's playing days, including college. Come on, college stats do not count in the NFL. His NFL stats are not good as compared to other starting QB's in the league. Yes, he can run for a lot of yards.....but QB's are not supposed to run, they are supposed to be able to throw an accurate pass. And to your point about running yards not being part of the QB rating, you are correct. That is because the QB rating is also called the "Passer Rating", which means that it is about being a good passer, not runner. He is a great athlete and exciting runner. But, as a quarterback, he just stinks. He will never live up to the hype, and he is a punk just like his felon brother. Good luck to Joey Harrington on his new position as starting QB for the Falcons.

EarnedStripes44
07-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I never said that Michael Vick is Peyton Manning and he definitely will never be Kurt Warner, but I think a player is going to come along who is fast like Mike Vick and has the accurracy of Brady. On that day, football will change forever, much in the same fashion as basketball did when Iverson entered the NBA. I think Michael Vick and Allen Iverson's careers parrellel in more ways than one. They are both from tidewater Virginia, they are both products of the street and the press feeds off their bad choices like Mullet feeding on detritus. Just like QB's aren't supposed to run, basketball players aren't supposed to crossover or stutter step, Iverson changed that when he nearly made Mike Jordan fall. Let's face it, the game is evolving. You can say what you want about A.I.'s field goal percentage, but that does not take away from the fact that he is third all time scorer, only behind Wilt Chamberlain and Mike Jordan. Vicks had tough games, but he plays in a tough division, one of the toughest in the league. I give credit when its due. I feel like Mike Vick, for some reason, is very threatening to a lot of people, media included. He has great potential. As far as living up to the hype, that indictment is going to make that terribly difficult. On the other hand, he just turned 27, so he has plenty of time- provided he is acquitted.

Shake N' Bake
07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I never liked Vick.
Many NFL fans came out to cheer the idiot from Atlanta.
Run! That is ALL he could do. I will give him that.
Falcons thought they were playing baseball and put all thier money into ONE player. One that could run as well as throw.
One player in the NFL does not win games.
That was for all you that think Vick was some kind of NFL hero.

As for the way he treats dogs...I can't say anything that has not already been said by some dam good guys on this forum.
My favorite fishing buddys are my Boxers. I am a Dog person.
I wouldn't pp in Vicks mouth if it was on fire.
I just hope something positive comes from this, like tougher fines and longer jail time.
American Staffordshire Terriers are good dogs owned by idiots like Vick. (This statement does not mean that all owners are idiots. I know many good people that have this wonderful breed of dog.)
Vick and your idiot friends...Time will tell.

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2007, 05:51 PM
race?, I thought this was about animal cruelty...

I was referring to you comments about Vick as a player.

kevin d
07-23-2007, 06:46 PM
One of the truest remarks I've heard in this case: "Who'd have thought that Marcus was the smart one of the family?"

Raven
07-23-2007, 06:51 PM
i don't think pitt bulls should be allowed in america period

they are here for one reason... fighting other dogs
or keeping the cops or drug thieves out...

any that show the killer attack dog tendancy should
'be killed ...any that are lovable and sweet are an acception
if they are neutered or spayed.

nightfighter
07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Gotta laugh at your insinuation of Iverson or someone like a Vick taking their sport to a new dimension. A.I.? Come on. Let's look at Julius Erving, Bobby Orr, Gretzky, and Jordan. Those are players who forced clubs to rethink how to play the game and structure a team. Those sports are played with five active players, goalie not included, in a true running clock game. I can't think of a player who could revolutionize a game such as football, except maybe Jim Brown. And, Iverson???? Give me a break. One dimensional street game. Entertaining, maybe. My kid thinks he's awesome. How many rings does he, or Vick have?

Mention Iverson, I think of his tats, his Mr T starter kit, then his scoring.
Mention Vick, I first think of him flipping off the home crowd on national TV. How to show them what a fine citizen he is.......

bart
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
only thing that A.I. and Mike Vick have in common is that they're both a coupla thugs that will never win a championship...

bart
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
i don't think pitt bulls should be allowed in america period

they are here for one reason... fighting other dogs
or keeping the cops or drug thieves out...

any that show the killer attack dog tendancy should
'be killed ...any that are lovable and sweet are an acception
if they are neutered or spayed.

agreed :kewl:

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 07:48 AM
The only thing that A.I. did to change basketball is turn it into a "Me" game......and please don't tell me that taking 40 shots a game in the hopes that 15 find the bottom of the net is NOT an "All about me" attitude.

A.I. may be number 3 in Points per game......Now.......But in 10 years he won't be sitting there. The 2 guys above him have ended there careers and his points per game WILL be going down in the next few years. His points per dropped over 6 points after he went to Denver.....Because it ain't gonna be all about him, he'll have to share the spotlight with Carmello Anthony.

As far as Micheal Vick....He is nothing more than a sideshow attraction in the NFL, or I should say was. He put fans in the seats and sold jerseys for the NFL. People watched him because every 3rd game he would do something incredible when he was scrambling and people wanted to see it. He's a great Athlete but an Average (maybe) QB, and he is now a peice of Crap as a Human Being as far as I'm concerned.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Iverson is 5'11 and 170lbs or something and he plays a 2 guard, third all time scorer ever. He almost broke Jordan's ankle.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 08:48 AM
He took his team to championship and played his heart out against Shaq and lost respectfully, no sweep. As far as one dimensional, assist anyone....

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Vick is also a small quaterback by league standards as well

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
and as far as thugs are concerned, the biggest thug of them all is our very own vice-president, yes......#^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 09:19 AM
third all time scorer ever. He almost broke Jordan's ankle.

He is NOT the 3rd all time scorer ever....he isn't even in the top 25.

he is 3rd on the list in points per game average....not the same. and as I stated that average WILL be going down over the next 10 years of his career.

Here is a list of the top 25 All-Time Scorers....And A.I. is not the same caliber player as most of these guys

1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
2. Karl Malone 36,928
3. Michael Jordan 32,292
4. Wilt Chamberlain 31,419
5. Moses Malone 27,409
6. Elvin Hayes 27,313
7. Hakeem Olajuwon 26,946
8. Oscar Robertson 26,710
9. Dominique Wilkins 26,668
10. John Havlicek 26,395
11. Alex English 25,613
12. Shaquille O'Neal 25,454
13. Reggie Miller 25,279
14. Jerry West 25,192
15. Patrick Ewing 24,815
16. Charles Barkley 23,757
17. Robert Parish 23,334
18. Adrian Dantley 23,177
19. Elgin Baylor 23,149
20. Clyde Drexler 22,195
21. Gary Payton 21,813
22. Larry Bird 21,791
23. Hal Greer 21,586
24. Walt Bellamy 20,941
25. Bob Pettit 20.880

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Vick is also a small quaterback by league standards as well

I don't care about that, either he is a good QB or a not so Good QB, size withstanding.......Flutie was smaller and I'd rather have him in his prime leading a team than Vick in his prime.....And Flutie is a pretty up-standing guy too, unlike Vick.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
He is third average points per game

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
thats right baby......3rd, after Mike Jordan and the great Wilt the Stilt

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
some other stats you forgot....

All time leading scorer for Georgetown U. (so what its college)
NBA 1996 Rookie of the Yr.

Also while a Rookie: Iverson led the Sixers with 23.5 points (sixth in the NBA), 7.5 assists (10th) and 2.07 steals (seventh) and 40.1 minutes per game.

In the 1998-1999 season, Iverson had his first trip to the playoffs. He started all ten playoff games and averaged 44.4 minutes per game despite being hampered by a number of nagging injuries. Iverson led the Sixers to an upset over the higher seeded Orlando Magic, before losing to a veteran laden Indiana Pacers squad. That year, he averaged 26.8 points earning his first scoring title.

The next year, Iverson averaged 28.4 points and once again led the 76ers into the playoffs. In the playoffs, Iverson averaged 26.2 points, 4.8 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 1.30 steals per game, with a high of 40 points in the first round opener at Charlotte on April 22. That season, he was the only player other than Shaquille O'Neal to get a NBA Most Valuable Player vote.

2001, Best season (arguable). All Star MVP Honors at All Star Game
That year Sixers went 56-26, he averaged career high 31.1 pts a game. NBA Final Appearance lost to juggernaut lakers. SCORED PLAYOFF HIGH 48 VERSE SHAQ w/ KOBE GUARDING HIM!!!!!

31.4 pts per game 02 season, playoff appearance

I could say more, including his tenure in the OLYMPICs, but I wont...

Just savior those daddy?

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 10:28 AM
He is third average points per game

Really....I didn't know that :rolleyes:

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Iverson is a HALL OF FAMER, despite how you feel about Vick. Doug Flutie is for the Canadians!!!! He is SO 2nd string. Get a grip Pa!!! He is the oldest player (drum roll) to rush for a whole 2 touchdowns in one game, so I'll give you that, but FLutie belongs exactly where he is, commentating for College Sports.

stripersnipr
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
and as far as thugs are concerned, the biggest thug of them all is our very own vice-president, yes......#^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney

Dog fighting evolved to Cheney Derangment Syndrome, big surpise. Vick is a pos thug. Deal with it.

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Here are a couple of More Allen Iverson "Stats"

1993 - Serverd jail time for Being involded in a Mob fight at a Bowling Alley and hitting a Girl with a chair. Sentenced to 4-15 years

2002 - Philadelphia 76ers star Allen Iverson surrendered to police July 16, 2002 to face criminal charges that include four felonies for allegedly threatening two people with a gun. Iverson, who led the NBA in scoring last season, would plead not guilty to criminal trespass, simple assault, weapons violations and other charges at an arraignment, his attorney told reporters. (Philadelphia Police via Reuters)

Charges from this incident -

Criminal trespass, felony, two counts

Criminal conspiracy, felony, one count

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, felony, one count

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act, misdemeanor, one count

Simple assault, misdemeanor, two counts

Terroristic threats, misdemeanor, two counts

Unlawful restraint, misdemeanor, two counts

False imprisonment, misdemeanor, two counts

Possession of an instrument of crime, misdemeanor, one count

Yeah he's a REAL Peach of a guy.

Let's not forget all the times he feels he's to good to practice with the team too.......

fishbones
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
How many turnovers does Iverson average per game? What is his shooting percentage compared to the greats in NBA history? Anyone can pick and choose stats to make their guy look like a Hall of Famer.
As far as Vick, he has never won anything and has never put up overall numbers to show that he is anything other than an average to below average NFL QB. He is a runner and not a passer, and the teams that win Superbowls have QB's who can pass. On top of all that, he has shown that he is a punk buy flipping off his own fans and he is a loser for hanging around criminals who participate in dog fighting.
You can have all of your athletes that are part of the thug culture that is so pervasive in our society. That is one of the reasons why our country is going down the toilet. Kids look up to these idiots and model their behavior after them. Give me the Tim Duncans and the Troy Browns or Ahman Greens of the world anyday. Those are guys that I would be proud to have my son look up to. They play the game the way it is supposed to be played and they act like gentlemen off the court and field. Just remember, there is nothing wrong with being a "good guy".

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:54 AM
So I guess we have crossed the line into the world of ethics. Is Robert Downey Jr. a bad actor because of his stints in rehab, because he's pretty amazing actor. How about Tom's indiscretion's with Brazilian models and the baby-mama syndrome. How about George Bush? our president, Ted Kennedy......etc, etc. C',mon guys, I know you insist on moral absolutes, but lets leave the politics out of sports and not admonish thoughs because the media says so. Vick, is on his own, but life is not without mistakes. #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney was kicked out Yale twice. When is the media gonna get on his case about his connections to war profiteers, but no, American Staffordshire Terriers are the most dangerous dogs ever. Hooray for Doug Flutie, the Canadian national hero. How about, Iverson contributions to charity....should I mention those? NO, because were talking sports, you guys are a lot like my wife...

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
thugs didn't orchestrate the war in Iraq. Thugs don't import guns, drugs or make this place appeal to illegal immigrants. Blame the thugs in government for blowing a hole in America. Blame the record industry for promoting these thugs. Place blame where it belongs. I fear the corporate elite more than fear any homeless thug on the street corner.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Albert Gonzales need I say more people should be burning effigies in the street. But we have Mike Vick for that, scapegoats

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Baseball needs More Cal Ripkens and less Barry Bonds
Basketball needs more Bill Russells and Less Allen Iversons
and Football Needs More Troy Browns and less Micheal Vicks

Is it to much to ask of these people if we are going to continue to pay a lot of cash to watch them play that they at least try to be good members of society and something that the youth of America can look up to......istead of a bunch of Steroid Using, Gun Toting, Tattoo Covered, Foul Mouthed Thugs who think that We owe Them.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Let's just respect athleticism, keep it at that. That's what spectating is about.

Allen Iverson, great basketball player, introduced the stutter step/crossover into the NBA.....credit when its due! Hall of Famer, see you in Springfield

Mike Vick, well he sure wont be a PETA spokesperson, but he is a GOOD quaterback, not GREAT, but GOOD and we already know about the receivers

Doug Flutie.......natick high's very own, Canadian national hero, what can I say. But I'll say one thing, the Canadian dollar is about to be worth more than the American dollar. Gotta love those thugs over at the Treasury department. Run up the bill, someone else will pay for it, like our grand kids.

American Staffordshire Terriers- Great fighting dogs, but its great owners who make great dogs.

bart
07-24-2007, 11:14 AM
thugs do orchestrate dog fights and get in domestic disputes, they get in brawls in bowling alleys, they get caught with suspicious water bottles, and they're just plain stupid. and so is your defense of these two morons.....

fishbones
07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
thugs didn't orchestrate the war in Iraq. Thugs don't import guns, drugs or make this place appeal to illegal immigrants. Blame the thugs in government for blowing a hole in America. Blame the record industry for promoting these thugs. Place blame where it belongs. I fear the corporate elite more than fear any homeless thug on the street corner.

You are the classic example of the guy who is losing an argument, and changes the topic completely. This started about Vick and then you brought Iverson into the discussion. Now that it has been shown that both of those guys are pieces of garbage, you move on to something else. You can get in your electric car and go preach to your liberal wingnuts in Cambridge about your views on the war and drugs in America and everything else that is wrong with our country. Those are topics for another thread and do not belong in this one.
Vick is an example of a guy who thinks he is above the law and can do whatever he wants because of who he is. Now, he'll never be able to become a good QB because he's a jerk. He has already been told not to report to minicamp this week. That's not a good sign for his future in the NFL.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Losing an argument. I compared Vick's style of play to Iverson's only in the sense of that they are both non-traditional styles of play for the particular positions held. With regards to the dogfighting, Vick is screwed, there is no doubt about that....no need to argue about that. Vick and Iverson are both from the street, no need to argue about that. Thugs fighting in bolling alleys over a Red Sox game, or because they are drunk is o k with me. #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney on the other hand is not, but thats for another thread. From the beginning, I stated that if Vick had the right set up (which may be his inherent flaw because he doesnt seem to be coachable) he could be the most dangerous player in the game, regardless of whether or not he is a dog owner. Lest we forget, he was 7th in winning percentage of all quaterbacks starting last season. Finneran, his go to guy, was injured. Peerliss Price is just plain overrated, ,much like many of you claim Vick is. Alge Crumpler had a good year, but he's nowhere near as good as other TE and he's about as slow rush hour on the southeast expressway. Give him Antonio Gates, and then.....or put him with a solid squad, not the FALCONS, eventhough been to the NFC Championship on Vick's watch. I think he should play for the Jaguars personally. I am the only person presenting sports related statistics, everything else are just value judgements, personal beefs and ramblings about America's thug culture. This country was built on thuggery. I leave the morals for the church, and the sports for the fans...

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Will the real Sports Fan's please stand up. Everything else is just gossip.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:17 PM
...and remember, all you hotsauce right wingers, we used to be innocent until proven guilty. Albert Gonzales is over the Justice Dept. The same cronies investigating Vick, no one has yet to question their credibility. The Surry County DA wanted to make sure the case was watertight, but the FEDS went in for the kill.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I repeat 7th in winning percentage of starting quaterbacks last season, before the injuries....that may not make you GREAT, but that damn sure is GOOD......

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I feel like you guys are ignoring the facts...and I can't imagine that all you guys volunteer at the Humane Society. Say what you want about Vick's personal life, I'll put you on the phone with my wife and she'll give you an earful about A.I., A-Rod, Vick, etc...., just acknowledge that at the very least, VERY LEAST he is a GOOD quaterback (some of you have already done so, but those others, you know you are). So all personal inklings aside, whose losing?

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:32 PM
...And one more thing, if Vick is overrated, then A-Rod must just plain be a fraud.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:57 PM
that's right, he has 7 years in the league, but he is only 27. He has (a conservative estimate) of at least 3 to 4 seasons left before he starts getting worn. Remember, his arm is not as bad as people make it out to be. Kurt Warner, the greatest accuracy passer of all time, his career completion percentage was arount 65% and he played till he was 35. And with regards to winning, Vick was 7th of the starting quaterbacks at the start of last season. Again that number is not great, but definitely GOOD. Last season was by far his worst season. That same tired, worn out accuracy excuse they apply to all quaterbacks that run. McNabb, Vince Young, Charlie Frye....etc, etc, etc. I feel like I am talking in circles. For you, we can just talk sports, not politics. But I reaffirm my position that dog fighting is disgusting, and for all practical purposes Vick is done because of said allegations.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I do, however, appreciate the pseudo-intellectual reference. For that, I am eternally grateful.

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
That same tired, worn out accuracy excuse they apply to all quaterbacks that run.

Yeah, That whole Accuracy thing in a Quarterback is Over-rated.....who cares if they can't hit the target. :rolleyes:

justplugit
07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Sadest part of Vick ,et al ,is the affect they have as heros to our kids.
Very few if any to look upto.

It seems the only thing important in todays sports is excellence in stats,
and nothing to do with character or setting a good example.
:(

Shake N' Bake
07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
To EarnedStripes44:
Don't tell me that you think Vick should go on playing FB?
That his bad idea's that led to crimes should not be looked at by "Real Sports fans". Just let the guy pay the fines, even go to jail, but when he comes out he can have his job as 7th best QB to play the game back?
Why do you stick up for Pro Sports Loosers?
Why do you care about what records they broke in sports when they are the scum of even being a human being?
To give you an example of the type of Real Sports Fan I am...I wouldn't walk across the street to meet OJ Simpson, now this guy was found "innocent". Do I want to see him do well? No. Do I want his autograph? No, I wouldn't even take a signed jersy.
Vick can meet OJ in the All Pro Hall of Shame.
Another thing, Start another thread on Politics. We will agree more over there...not that it matters here.

Shake N' Bake
07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Sadest part of Vick ,et al ,is the affect they have as heros to our kids.
Very few if any to look upto.

It seems the only thing important in todays sports is excellence in stats,
and nothing to do with character or setting a good example.
:(

Character and setting a good example to our kids means something to me. Perhaps that is what I was trying to say to EarnedStripes44.

fishbones
07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
So, he is 7th in winning percentage. He must be a great QB, then. By that logic, Philip Rivers and Rex Grossman were the best QB's in the league last year. Peyton Manning is definitely not as good as Grossman, huh? All right, now I have to actually look up some stats to show how bad Vick really is as a QB. I am not going to list the numbers, but they are all available on any NFL related website, so you cannot say it's a bunch of BS. The following all have better career QB stats (completion percentage and passer rating) than your homeboy Vick.
T. Brady, D. Brees, M. Brunnell, M. Bulger, J. Delhomme, B. Farvre, J. Garcia, T. Green, M. Hasselbeck, B. Johnson, B. Leftwich, P. Manning, D. McNabb, S. McNair, C. Palmer, C. Pennington, T. Rattay, P. Rivers, B. Rothlisberger, K. Warner, and last but not least..........the immortal Seneca Wallace. As you can see, some of these guys are not even starters anymore. I also left off guys like Romo who have better #'s, but have not played a full season yet. Now, I challenge you to come up with some of your handpicked stats to refute these numbers. Just because you have an unnatural love for an athlete, doesn't make him a great player. You can say that I am not a knowledgeable sports fan like you, but I am certain that I prove that Vick is a crappy QB. Case closed.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Remember, were talking about current starters at the opening of last season. The Falcons were terrible last season. Brett Favre is damn near twice Vicks age, Steve McNair is on his way out. Half the guys you named have a career in some cases a decade longer than Vicks. None of the players can rush for yds like Vick, no one except Steve Young. You named veterans, VETERANS, Vicks career will be cut in half and at no point did I say he was a veteran, dangerous yes, but not a veteran. Drew Brees is one of the best QB's in the league (I think Vick was top 10 starting quaterbacks last season given what he had to work with). Mike Vick had a higher passer rating last season than Ben Rothlisburger, Brad Johnson and even Rex Grossman. Vick was ranked 20th in QB rating. That's just passing. If rushing was included, it would be a significant boost, but I respect the idea that quaterback should throw.

Vick is a GOOD player.
Rolemodel, nope
Should he play professional football, that's not up to me? If the allegations prove true, then he should be out of there, he should'nt play under indictment. But if he is exonerated, shame on everyone....especially the media.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I could go on and on about his rushing, but you guys don't need to be reminded of that.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
And, I'm sorry, I did'nt know it was more important that players be patron saints rather than athletes.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Vick is also the only quaterback to throw for 250 yds in conjunction with 100 yds rushing

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
This post is for those of you, who think upstanding citizenship are more important than capability....
In June 2006, Vick, along with his brother Marcus Vick and mother Brenda Vick Boddie, established The Vick Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports at-risk youth and the after school programs that serve them in the Metro Atlanta and Hampton Roads areas. The announcement of the organization came just before the start of the foundation’s first fundraiser, the Michael Vick Golf Classic. The inaugural event was held at the prestigious Kingsmill Golf Course in James City County near Williamsburg, Virginia in partnership with The Virginia Tech Alumni Association Tidewater Chapter, and netted more than $80,000 for charity

After the Virginia Tech massacre in April 2007, Vick teamed up with the United Way to donate $10,000 to assist families affected by the tragedy.[55] Vick explained, "When tragic things like this happen, families have enough to deal with, and if I can help in some small way, that's the least I can do." The Vick Foundation is collecting donations from local communities in both Atlanta and Virginia that will be placed in the United In Caring Fund for Victims of the Virginia Tech Tragedy and the special fund at the United Way of Montgomery, Radford and Floyd counties, which serves the Virginia Tech area. Vick's foundation said the money will be used to provide help with funeral expenses, transportation for family members and other support services.

On June 22, 2007, a charity golf tournament featuring Vick, intended in part to raise scholarships in memory of Virginia Tech's shooting victims, was rescheduled for September.[58] The tournament at Kingsmill Resort & Spa had been set to begin on June 29, and a reason for the change was not announced. The tournament is the latest in a series of Virginia appearances either canceled or delayed since Vick's name surfaced in a dog fighting investigation

What a shame, now that he fights dogs, they won't even let him give back to the community...

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Vick is a spokesperson for the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta and the Empty Stocking Fund and gives credit to the Boys & Girls Club in his hometown for helping him grow as a youth and provides a monetary donation through a player performance pledge to the local chapter for every touchdown pass. Vick also invited more than 100 kids from the Boys & Girls club locally to the team’s facility after a Saturday practice for a punt, pass and kick competition, as well as a flag football game. He purchased tickets for the kids to attend a Falcons game the next day.

As a part of ESPN.com's "Jocks to GI's", he had a GI e-mail pen pal overseas during the war with Iraq that he communicated with in the spring of 2003. He and USAF Staff Sgt. Angela Geist from Lawrenceville, Georgia, shared emails and life experiences.
Named to Sports Illustrated's "101 Most Influential Minorities In Sports" in May of 2003 at #77 and was chosen to be the EA Sports cover athlete and spokesman for (John) Madden NFL 2004.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Madden doesnt think he so bad

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:16 PM
You guys better come stronger...

fishbones
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Remember, were talking about current starters at the opening of last season. The Falcons were terrible last season. Brett Favre is damn near twice Vicks age, Steve McNair is on his way out. Half the guys you named have a career in some cases a decade longer than Vicks. None of the players can rush for yds like Vick, no one except Steve Young. You named veterans, VETERANS, Vicks career will be cut in half and at no point did I say he was a veteran, dangerous yes, but not a veteran. Drew Brees is one of the best QB's in the league (I think Vick was top 10 starting quaterbacks last season given what he had to work with). Mike Vick had a higher passer rating last season than Ben Rothlisburger, Brad Johnson and even Rex Grossman. Vick was ranked 20th in QB rating. That's just passing. If rushing was included, it would be a significant boost, but I respect the idea that quaterback should throw.

Vick is a GOOD player.
Rolemodel, nope
Should he play professional football, that's not up to me? If the allegations prove true, then he should be out of there, he should'nt play under indictment. But if he is exonerated, shame on everyone....especially the media.

Now you're changing things again. You use stats from Vick's career when it makes him look good, but you use stats from last year when I bring up career stats of other notable players. You kept bringing up winning percentage, but when I brought up Rex Grossmans winning percentage being better than Vick's, You say that Vick had a better passer rating. Get your argument straight. You are making more of a fool of yourself with each post. Vick's passer rating has been poor for his entire career. QB's are judged on passer rating because they are supposed to pass. Running backs are supposed to run the ball. Being a mobile QB is not the same as being a running QB. Vick runs because he is not a good QB. He is not good at reading and breaking down defenses, and he is lousy at checking down to 2nd and 3rd options. He does not stay in the pocket and doesn't give his O-line a chance to block for him because he breaks off plays at the first sign of a pass rush. Bottom line is that if you are judging him as an NFL quarterback, he is closer to the bottom than the top of the rankings. I'm sure you are very intelligent, but you are not covering yourself in glory trying to make an argument that Vick is even a "good" quarterback. But, I know you won't let facts get in the way of your argument

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
He doesnt not have 2nd and 3rd options. Rex Grossman has killer receivers, there is no doubt about that. Last season was Vick's worse season without a doubt. We can talk about the other seasons if you prefer? Yes, your right Vick runs to overcompensate for his lack of accuracy, but he is more accurate than nearly a third of all QB's in the league. He also runs because he is exceptionally good at it.

Now with regards to facts, they speak for themselves. I've posted them throughout the thread. For you to say Vick is a marginal QB, including the fact that he runs like an ostrich, just holds no water whatsoever. I've said this four or five times and no one has countered it. Until the recent troubles, Vick has only be in the league all of 6 years. He is only 27. Incredible potential flushed down the drain. I will concede that Michael Vick is a GOOD quaterback, he is amazingly athletic. His arm is a solid C, but overall,he is GOOD, he is a solid B. I would not just write off a QB who can throw 90 yards and scramble for that same amount. Read the facts, man. There are plenty of players who started out rough, but ended up making history. Be objective.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I never said Vick was overrated and I never said he was underrated, I believe you did....I said he was dangerous, both on the field and to the pit bulls.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I also have some mild criticisms of how QB rating is calibrated

It does'nt take into account how sacks.
Rushing yards have no bearing whatsover on the numbers.
should be measured along the lines of yards per play not yards per attempt.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 02:58 PM
and i'm going to remind you that Vick holds the NCAA freshmen record for passing efficiency. So the potential for growth is clearly there.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
This is what someone else said about QB rating....but I think it applies here in an effort to further thwart the stoning of Vick's efforts as an athlete (not dog owner) by the inflamed passions of the mob.

...is that the formula overemphasizes Completion Percentage. While Completion % in and of itself makes up 25% of the rating's calculation, the use of Yards per Attempt rather than Yards per Completion adds to the weight of Completion %, since incomplete passes are penalized under yds/attempt. Thus, many critics feel that the Passer Rating formula automatically is skewed in favor of quarterbacks who play in a West Coast scheme that favors many high-percentage (but low-yardage) pass plays.
- Vick cannot play the West Coast scheme, its not his style.

The simplest complaint may be that the weighting of each category is, on the whole, arbitrary. There is no evidence to suggest that Completion %, Yards/Attempt, Touchdown %, and Interception % are of equal value (25% each) in terms of an offense's efficiency (or if those stats, in that combination, have any correlation to scoring, or winning, at all). The system also does not account for changing offensive conditions in the NFL over time; for example, when the formula was devised, a score of 66.6 was supposed to represent an average quarterback. And in 1970 , the average passer scored a 65.6, a figure almost perfectly in line with the rating-creators' vision. But in 1980 , the average was 73.7; in 1992, the average quarterback had a rating of 75.3; and in 2004, a record-setting year for passers, the league's mean passer rating was 82.8. The great Johnny Unitas finished his hall of fame career with only a 78.2 rating. At least part of the reason for the increase in passer ratings is that the NFL has consistently made rule changes favoring the offense. Thus, scores must be interpreted with care when doing cross-era analysis.

fishbones
No one has countered the fact that Vick is a great runner because......well, he is a great runner. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say he is a great athlete. But, I will stick to the argument that he is not even a good QB. He is closer to the bottom than the top in stats that measure how good a QB is. And no, being able to run is not one of them. Would you agree that being good would mean that you have to be in the top half of QB's in the league? If so, Vick is in the bottom half of the league in all meaningful QB stats. He was #24 in completions last year, #20 in passer rating, #31 in completion percentage, #22 in yards per attempt, 16th in INT's, and was the 6th most sacked QB in the league. The only stat where he ranked in the top half of QB's was TD passes thrown where he was ranked #10.

EarnedStripes44
NOW FOR THE BEST PART:

No matter what system is used, a large part of a quarterback's success is related to the talent around him. A poorly thrown pass can be overcome with a great catch, and the perfect pass can be dropped. The offensive line also has quite a lot to do with the quarterback's success.

Shake N' Bake
07-24-2007, 03:27 PM
You are a Vick Fan!
No Idea what Cloud you are in.
You mention all the non-profit organizations...PLEASE...The guy has Millions of $$$. Pay taxes or start a non-profit and make yourself look like someone who cares.
Scum Bag is what Vick will ever be in my mind.
You Said...."What a shame, now that he fights dogs, they won't even let him give back to the community"...He just didn't fight dogs, he tourtured them, hung them, picked them up and slammed them to the floor, his idiot friends did no better. Shocking dogs to death.
You want this Jerk off to have ties to the community?
What a role model to the Boys and Girls club.

Shake N' Bake
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Being such a Vick fan, maybe you can answer this.
Last year Vick gave the finger to HIS OWN fans.
My question is, Atlanta fans hated Vick after that game. Some didn't care, but many wanted him gone. Why did the Falcons keep him?
Did the Falcons have too much money invested in him?
Thought maybe you might know.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm gonna leave the peanuts to the New Hampshire residents. What sports team do you guys have. Keep riding....

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
oh and to the Burlington Police who are so concerned about the post count....get some visibility. Where the hell is Burlington anyway....Vermont. What the hell are you doing on a Striped Bass fishing website. Aren't you guys planning your succession from the union.

The Dad Fisherman
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Vick is a spokesperson for the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta and the Empty Stocking Fund and gives credit to the Boys & Girls Club in his hometown for helping him grow as a youth and provides a monetary donation through a player performance pledge to the local chapter for every touchdown pass. .

The fact that he accepted this role as a Spokesperson for B&G Clubs means he also accepted the responsibilty of being a role model for the Youth.....and at that he failed miserably. You don't put your face on an organization like that and behave the way he has.

After the Virginia Tech massacre in April 2007, Vick teamed up with the United Way to donate $10,000 to assist families affected by the tragedy.

Big Whooped-di-do.......he made that on one Dog Fight

stripersnipr
07-24-2007, 04:26 PM
I also have some mild criticisms of how QB rating is calibrated

Maybe using a "revised" QB ranking Vick may rise from mediocore to good. But as it stands he continues to be in the lower percentile of NFL QB performance.

Shake N' Bake
07-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Manchester Monarchs-LA Kings
Manchester Wolves-Pro indoor FB Team
Nashua Pride-Can-Am League
NH Fisher Cats- Tor. Bluejays
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!!
They almost found a home in New Hampshire, but Foxboro put up one hell of a fight to keep the team in Foxboro....where else can you pay $30.00 to park.
Some would call Motorsports a Sport...I do.
That would leave Lee USA Speedway
New England Dragway-IHRA sanctioned track
New Hampshire International Speedway-SCCA, CART, and I am sure you have heard of NASCAR! There are also the Busch Tour, ACT Tour and many others that frequent the Track.
Do you ski? MANY Mountains for that...you've heard of Bode Miller.
Don't ever forget that Mass. alone could not afford to run Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics and the New England Patriots
without the money from Maine, NH, VT, RI and Conn. FANS!!!

"What sports team do you guys have. Keep riding...."
What a stupid statement to make...

Shake N' Bake
07-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Anyone see the news tonight?
NFL Commision is sick to their stomachs...actual quote
Atlanta has the most pet owners of any other city in the US.
Fans are Stunned!
Way To Go Vick....Hey don't worry you still have a Fan in Cambridge, MA...he knows more about you then you do yourself.

Raider Ronnie
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
oh and to the Burlington Police who are so concerned about the post count....get some visibility. Where the hell is Burlington anyway....Vermont. What the hell are you doing on a Striped Bass fishing website. Aren't you guys planning your succession from the union.

Dude,
You have got some issues !!!:smash: :uhoh: :nopain:

JFigliuolo
07-25-2007, 11:06 AM
F^%$ his skills...
F(*& his ability...

He is a waste of skin. Plain an simple As the past and present owner of pit bulls I wish nothing less on him than he should be gang raped in a prison somewhere. And then let the real fun begin.

teaser
07-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Who said atheletes are supposed to be perfect role models? Most have skeletons in their closet but this assh0le showed his to the whole world. Nobody here really gives a damn if he can throw a ball or run or whatever, he is as stated before " a waste of skin" and gang raping him in prison would be too good for the likes of him. He should be treated like he did the dogs, first tie him up and "roll" him with a pitbull and see how he does, then when he's found out to be a loser well then maybe Peace should slam him to the ground, shoot him a few times and then electrocute him for being a loser.

This thread started out as an animal cruelty thread and then got sidetracked into a sports thread, well that's one way to take the light off the topic and redirect it to make him look good (maybe to you ES44) but I don't follow pro sports like a groupie and could care less about his stats in this forum, keep the sports talk in the sports forum where it belongs. He is a loser for what he did with the dogs period! And he deserves everything he's got coming to him along with his jerk*ff friends.

Slipknot
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Yep, it's gotta be the Vick guy from EEI :rollem:

Raider Ronnie
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Vick is DONE in the NFL !!!
Atlanta wanted to cut him, but the league made them hold off!
Interesting interview Dennis & Callahan had with a lawyer on this morning !

justplugit
08-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Looks like Vick thinks he is the Teflon Don with 2 of his buddies pleading guilty.

Does he really think he can scramble out of this one now?

With the squealing going, on his arse will be grass.

A real humanitarian. :realmad:

Shake N' Bake
08-18-2007, 10:23 AM
He probaly paid his loser friends a cool Mill each, in hopes they will take the heat and he will go free...could happen...But I hope he frys.

justplugit
08-18-2007, 11:10 AM
But I hope he frys.

Me too, but i read today where his lawyers are in the middle of a plea deal

trying to get him off with less than a year. :(

Raider Ronnie
08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Vick is going to jail and is done in the NFL !
The guys rolling over on him are going to get 1-2 years,
Vick will get more !

Shake N' Bake
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Radio said today that he is pleading Guilty.
The World will know in about a week what he gets from the Judge.
Radio also said that it looks like he will get a year at most.
I can only hope that the NFL will ban him from the game.

justplugit
08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Part of his plea deal could include rolling over on some of the NFL players --gambling accusations.

Madden and Michaels said he wouldn't as he's too loyal, pfft- we'll see if comes to saving his own arse. Garbage, either way.

If the commisioner doesn't ban him for life he deserves to go to jail with him.

Raider Ronnie
08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Will the real Sports Fan's please stand up. Everything else is just gossip.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984915
Hows your bud Vick looking to you now
:hang:

JFigliuolo
08-22-2007, 07:24 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984915
Hows your bud Vick looking to you now
:hang:

"Michael is a human being," Crumpler said. "People have been trying to dehumanize him. But he's hurting. I know that. Believe me, he's hurting."

Yeah, he's hurting. How 'bout electrocuting him, or better yet drowning him since he FAILED the test of being a human being in my book...

Only seems fair.

Raider Ronnie
08-22-2007, 07:28 AM
"Michael is a human being," Crumpler said. "People have been trying to dehumanize him. But he's hurting. I know that. Believe me, he's hurting."

Yeah, he's hurting. How 'bout electrocuting him, or better yet drowning him since he FAILED the test of being a human being in my book...

Only seems fair.

"He's hurting"
Ya, thinking about how many millions $$$ he threw away !

fishsmith
08-22-2007, 08:13 AM
They're already fitting a #7 Raiders uniform for his 2010 return to the NFL.

Saltheart
08-22-2007, 08:23 AM
If I were in charge , this guy never plays pro ball again. No rule or official banning , just everyone agreeing they don't want anything to do with a person like that and simply don't sign him.

let him go out and work "Like a dog" the rest of his life instead of getting millions to play a game.

I cannot see how any owner could explain to his fans why they would allow this guy on the payroll.

justplugit
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM

Ya, couldn't you tell he was hurting by the expression on his face as he went to court. :rolleyes:

Then Upshaw trys to soften things by saying, "he's young."
Come on the guy is 27 years old. :fishslap:

Ya Crumpler, we are all human beings, none of us are perfect, but Upshaw, a 5 year old would know what he was doing was wrong.

fishbones
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
He probably will get a lifetime ban from the NFL. It will be for gambling, not committing crimes against animals, though. The NFL has rules prohibiting gambling, but nothing about the crimes he committed. They might be able to invoke the personal conduct rule, which I would imagine is pretty vague. There are plenty of convicted felons in the league. But, the illegal gambling is a big no no in the NFL and that would be easier to get a lifetime ban with.

spence
08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
My two cents...

While Vick is a pathetic and terrible creature, he for the most part has a fantastic wardrobe and sense of style.

-spence

MarshCappa
08-22-2007, 11:46 AM

What's his playoff record? How many Super Bowl Rings? He's scum and should be banned from the league.

MarshCappa
08-22-2007, 11:50 AM
He probably will get a lifetime ban from the NFL. It will be for gambling, not committing crimes against animals, though. The NFL has rules prohibiting gambling, but nothing about the crimes he committed. They might be able to invoke the personal conduct rule, which I would imagine is pretty vague. There are plenty of convicted felons in the league. But, the illegal gambling is a big no no in the NFL and that would be easier to get a lifetime ban with.

Let's hope the new Commish makes a statement and example here. Whatever he does will set the tone for how his tenure as commish will go. Tough situation for him to be in for his 1st year but he should ban him forever. Let him play in Canada or the WWF.

wheresmy50
08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
One news show said that the reason he'll plead guilty is because the feds were going to bring RICO charges and shoot for 20 years.

RICO - good job Mike. Way to have your chit together.

Also, the state of Virginia has yet to file charges, this is all Federal so far. That's what the show said anyway.

JFigliuolo
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Vick's losses to reach $100 million?
Posted: Wednesday August 22, 2007 07:56AM ET
The bill for Michael Vick's role in illegal dogfighting could reach a staggering $100 million in lost future salary, potential repayment of bonuses demanded by the Falcons for defaulting on his contract and endorsement money that is drying up. The grand total for Vick's potential financial losses: $71 million in base salary, as much as $25 million in bonus repayment, depending on the interpretation of roster bonuses in the new collective bargaining agreement and $3 million-$5 million per year in endorsements.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

F'ng loser...

MarshCappa
08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE= $3 million-$5 million per year in endorsements.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

F'ng loser...[/QUOTE]

It's got to be way more than that per year.

Raider Ronnie
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
It's only pre/season, but Joey Harrington is looking very good.
Much better than Vick pre or regular season !

UserRemoved1
08-29-2007, 08:30 AM
http://karlsonandmckenzie.com/data/LeftSideBar_BottomContent/558_0ttrt.jpg

Shake N' Bake
08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I was surprised the Falcons didn't get rid of him. Might be a NFL thing.
Hey, He did find Jesus...

The Dad Fisherman
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I was surprised the Falcons didn't get rid of him. Might be a NFL thing.

I think its a "We have to get some money back from him 1st" thing.

Hey, He did find Jesus...

Didn't know he was missing :D