View Full Version : Trade?

afterhours
07-24-2007, 06:50 AM
now is the perfect time to trade some high leveil prospects for........yohann santana, a'la pedro. he is signed thru next season and no way the twins can afford him and you gotta know the yankees will pay anything for him on the free agent market. i say offer up lester, buckholtz and elleberry for him. they will need a center fielder to replace hunter and coco is young and playing well.

Fishin' Blues
07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I think a trade for a guy like Roy Oswalt would be more realistic. I've heard that Houston is willing to listen to trade offers for him but I've never heard that about Johan Santana. I think Minnesota will do every thing they can to keep him and I'm not sure if he'd give them a hometown discount, so who knows?

nightfighter
07-24-2007, 08:48 PM
How about packaging Drew and Willie NoMo for Jermaine Dye? I think the ChiSox are going to have a housecleaning........

Uncle Matt
07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
If it aint broken don't fix it! The boys are rolling right now and they just got back Lester. Shilling will be back soon and things will only get that much better. I definatley would not trade away any of our young arms right now. We won 5 in a row and you people want to start making moves? Guys we won 5 not lost 5. Your all just panicking because the Yankees are also playing well.

What they need to do is get rid of Willie Mo Pena and pick up a decent bat off the bench like Carlos Pena. The roster will expand soon and we should be healthy. So you can drop the DEFCON level and relax boys and girls.....

ThomCat
07-25-2007, 04:52 AM
How about packaging Drew and Willie NoMo for Jermaine Dye? I think the ChiSox are going to have a housecleaning........
The Wite Sox won't even pay Dye, I'm sure they're not going to take on Drew's contract. And Willie Mo....you probably couldn't pay anyone enough to take him:tooth::think:

BigFish
07-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Chisox might love Willie Mo! 2 reasons.....its the windy city and Willie Mo generates more wind with his bat than most.....plus.....if they are cleaning house, they need someone to push the broom!:tooth:

Uncle Matt
07-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Larry I don't think Willie Mo is qualified to push a broom. Albeit, at the end of the year he does have a realistic chance of being a trash man.

afterhours
07-25-2007, 07:11 AM
not a panic move, but a pre emtive one- timiing is perfect.

riverrat55
07-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Looks like Willie Mo and a minor league pitcher for Jermaine Dye!!!
Good Trade if it gets done!!!
No Top Prospects involved!!!

Mike P
07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Larry I don't think Willie Mo is qualified to push a broom. Albeit, at the end of the year he does have a realistic chance of being a trash man.

Reminds me of one of Casey Stengel's remarks about one of his young "Amazin's"--25 years old and in a year he has a chance to be 26. :rotf3: