View Full Version : plz dont yell at me

stars'nstripers
07-24-2007, 09:06 AM
ok.... So I live in east dennis and have expirmented fishing many many spots without much success. I have searched every beach for fih, asked all the bait stores. So will someone tell me a beach near east dennis that has been productive

JFigliuolo
07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm not going to yell, but christ...you live fairly close to the ocean... keep putting in your time. LEARN YOUR AREA!!!

I live over an hour away from the areas I fish. I'd like to come down there and.... oh nevermind.

PS. Learnig your spots takes years not a weeks. I am still learning mine after more than a few years on the water. Finding fish from shore takes work. Few people are gong to put in the time it takes to find where fish are holding, then just give that info out. Especially if fishing is slow.

Asking somone for fishing spots is like asking them if you can copy their homework.

fishbones
07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Read up on what type of waters hold fish. There are tons of good books out there. Check out your local library - I'm sure there are some decent fishing books at libraries on the cape. Once you have an idea about what type of water you want to fish, buy the most recent nautical charts available of the water you want to fish. Also, walk beaches at low or minus tides and look at the terrain to see what the bottom is like. It should give you some good ideas of places that will hold fish. Most importantly, put in A LOT of time and don't give up. Then put in more time. After you have put a ton of time into fishing, go out and fish some more. If you keep at it and work hard, you have a better chance of catching.

fishsmith
07-24-2007, 09:43 AM
find the ocean, put some clams on a high/lo rig and stand by, you'll catch fish.

small swiming yozuri's should get you endless schoolies in the area rivers leading to the ocean.

fishbones
07-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Also, consider hiring a shore guide. It's like going out on a charter, but you fish from shore. There are some excellent ones in RI. I'm not sure if there are any good ones on the cape, but I'm guessing that there are. Not only will you learn some good locations, but you'll also learn some good tips on how to fish and what works in the waters you will be fishing.

Saltheart
07-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Go in the dark. You will catch more and bigger stripers at night , especially this time of year. Put in your time.

EarnedStripes44
07-24-2007, 10:11 AM
google earth bro

Saltheart
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
There is a guy in Orleans named Tony Stetzko who does guided shore tours and the rumor is that he knows a little about finding fish. :)

Rockport24
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
surfacasting ain't easy. you really gotta work hard for every fish.
some guys on this site make it sound easy, but the guys that catch consistantly have put in the time and have things so dialed in it is just crazy and I imagine that comes from tons of time and experience on the water. you can tell sombody a spot, but just knowing a spot is just once piece of the huge puzzle.

MarshCappa
07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I was in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago and fished an outgoing tide for 2 hours in endless flats. Waders paradise. I would guess a yakers paradise as well. I got some general responses from a couple of locals and it helped but really the key is to check out a chart check it out at low tide and just go out and do it. Good luck.

rockonjim9
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
:uhuh: for bent rods...simple...drive to beach..get out glasses..watch...

Rockport24
07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
oh yeah, all these spots that you have fished, have you fished them at all stages of the tide? a lot of very productive spots are only productive at a certain tide, you can't just write off a spot if you only fished it once

Rick Ackley
07-24-2007, 03:39 PM
PM sent

stiff tip
07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
There is a guy in Orleans named Tony Stetzko who does guided shore tours and the rumor is that he knows a little about finding fish. :)

:rotf2: :rotf2: only a rumor :biglaugh:

stiff tip
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
hows this one.....earn what you learn.....

GonnaCatchABig1
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
oh yeah, all these spots that you have fished, have you fished them at all stages of the tide? a lot of very productive spots are only productive at a certain tide, you can't just write off a spot if you only fished it once

that.

and have you changed up baits often? i would hope. even if you are gonna be plugging. i find it good to spend a few days chunking. that way you can determine what you want to match up to. or if your presentation is wrong. for instance say you were fishing a spot for a week with no luck. put on a chunk of mack, and bang! they are taking macks and you have been using a mack imitation with no luck, means ya gotta switch up the presentation. maybe instead of a slow twitching top water, you need to make that baby scream through the water at 6ft depth. alot of people will write of spots saying there are no fish there, when in reality the fish are every where. they just arent giving the fish what they want.

OSSCA
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
ok.... So I live in east dennis and have expirmented fishing many many spots without much success. I have searched every beach for fih, asked all the bait stores. So will someone tell me a beach near east dennis that has been productive#1 take the time to learn a spot or 2.
#2 Try and meet some locals,c'mon you can't be the only guy out there fishing:uhuh:
#3 Relax,it's supposed to be fun.
We've all been there,in time you'll find the fish.

Tagger
07-25-2007, 03:24 AM
sorry ,,no fish there ,, drive to jersey

Raven
07-25-2007, 06:07 AM
let Nature guide you

by day,,,you need to become a bird watcher
especially during an incoming tide where
there is some rocks or other structure like
a sand bar or a point...

then look for the terns ,,,,and when you see them
diving
............you "know" there's bait fish in the vicinity....
and where there's baitfish they'll also be Bass...

if they are way to far out
try chumming to bring them closer to you
the TERNS never lie ....sea gulls are
kinda lazy sometimes
...terns are great Scouts for you
........................>http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/tern.jpg

bassballer
07-25-2007, 01:26 PM
2nd google earth. Found my honey hole plus others that way. Plus the satisfaction of doing the research finding a spot and then landing a fish there. Priceless. Do the homework and it will be more gratifying.

reelecstasy
07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
GoogleEarth is almost scary, almost

piemma
07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
ok.... So I live in east dennis and have expirmented fishing many many spots without much success. I have searched every beach for fih, asked all the bait stores. So will someone tell me a beach near east dennis that has been productive

Not worth yelling at.

How many hundreds of hours do you think the "sharpies" on this board have put in finding fish? Just put your time in like the rest of us have for 30 or 40 years and eventually you will catch fish. You are just looking for a handout.

Man I said I wouldn't yell at you but I :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :zup: am getting steamed!!!

bart
07-25-2007, 03:19 PM
jesus, some of you guys need to relax a little. its not really all that big a deal to tell the guy where he can catch some schoolies :doh:

piemma
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Bart:
IT WAS TONGUE IN CHEEK!!! Didn't you see all the emoticons I put up. I was joking.

bart
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
all i see are angry red faces :huh:

cardnial77
07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
stars. you live in east dennis, so i assume that you have been fishing the jetty at sesuit harbor (not really spot burning since it is a well known place). the area around there has a @&%$ load of sand eels. those are like candy for the fish that frequent the area. a good idea would be to set up a high/ low rig and pop a couple sand eels on there and toss away. another good idea would be to fish lures that mimic sand eels. if your not getting them on the Flats side of the jetty. try fishing the channel. work the entire jetty fish move around alot. that place has always been a productive spot to fish, just gotto put in your time and learn the spot. fish it at all different tides, times and moon phases. you will eventually find the right combo. i know there are fish there caught a bunch last friday when i went down to visit my father. again just put in the time and you will figure out how it works. and remember even the best of us have dry spells. it makes catching a nice fish all that much more rewarding.

piemma
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
all i see are angry red faces :huh:

...you make me soooo mad!!!:laugha: :wave:

Finaddict
07-26-2007, 05:03 PM
#1 take the time to learn a spot or 2.
#2 Try and meet some locals,c'mon you can't be the only guy out there fishing:uhuh:
#3 Relax,it's supposed to be fun.
We've all been there,in time you'll find the fish.

this is a good piece of advice, don't try to learn too many spots at any given time, learn one, two or three so that you know them inside and out ... be observant about everything ... current, bait, birds, structure, fish ... it all adds up, but you need a handle on what's going on ... and again, deep knowledge and understanding of a few spots is better than little knowledge of a lot of spots ...

patpatriot
07-27-2007, 11:43 AM
check out cape cod shore guide by the On the Water writers or publisher. Other than that drop a few bucks in bait shop and they should point you in the right direction, what happens when you get there is up to you, also jump around to a couple spots during that night and before you chuck bait in the water or plug walk around and listen/look for activity

bart
07-27-2007, 12:34 PM
...you make me soooo mad!!!:laugha: :wave:

:devil: :buds: :smash: