View Full Version : Boss was fired yesterday....

BrianS
07-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Actually, it was the IT director so it was my bosses boss.

Had a great relationship with the guy for the past 6 years. This guy gave me 2 major promotions in that time.... Ive been at this place for 8 years.... only one guy longer, and the next closest is the network manager at 6 years, and then its pretty much 3 or less around the board.

im not really concerned about my job.. yet... but its definitely a kind of an unsettling feeling having this happen.. While I have been there for years, my current position due to a promotion is being a .Net developer, which I am really a novice and learning as I go.

It was also an odd coincidence having an old boss call me for lunch for what could be a recruting lunch minutes after I found out (he didnt know, but its REALLY odd timing)

spence
07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
That's business...

The most difficult thing in today's tech environment is to form those personal relationships that can get you somewhere, considering how often things change. You're better off moving to another business where you can start from scratch and get in with the right people rather than try to break the old boys network.

I'm on my second VP this year already and my boss, the national director, just quit last week. I'm going to go for his job of course, but it's a PITA as I don't even know the people I need to impress.

-spence