View Full Version : IF

stiff tip
07-26-2007, 04:25 AM
the weather is good i,m going tuna fishing, i hope....lots of choices n fishing stlyes.... maybe east of chatham to the rs ,, draging n soaking bars n birds ....or maybe the s/w corner doing the same ,,,or how about cc bay tossing poppers on 70+ lb tunafish ... what too do???? ........what do you think.....what would you do ??

Raider Ronnie
07-26-2007, 05:03 AM
the weather is good i,m going tuna fishing, i hope....lots of choices n fishing stlyes.... maybe east of chatham to the rs ,, draging n soaking bars n birds ....or maybe the s/w corner doing the same ,,,or how about cc bay tossing poppers on 70+ lb tunafish ... what too do???? ........what do you think.....what would you do ??

Go blue fishing 1st,
Put some in the livewell, and drift them for larger tuna :bl:

keeperreaper
07-26-2007, 07:17 AM
If you want numbers go to the corner. If you want want large soak a yellow eyed devil slow trolled over the humps in the bay.

Sea-Gar
07-26-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm looking to trailer the boat tomorrow. Where is the best place to Launch to get me to Stellwagen? I'll be coming from Maine and looking to hook up with some tuna. Trolling Bars and Birds.

Dezz
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
I've traillered to the cape 4 times. Once to stellwagon and Green Harbor is a great public boat launch. There may be something closer to you but that worked very well and stress free for me. If you are looking for stress try Ryders Cove at low tide. You can walk to the ocean for two miles in 2 feet of water.

Sea-Gar
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
How has the NWC been? If I trailer to Gloucester or Rockport it would be a lot closer, but I want to catch fish too.

Sea-Gar
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
We have decided on the SW Corner on Saturday, launching out of Green Harbor. Thanks for the tip Stiff Tip. Will be monitoring 68 - Sea-Gar

ProfessorM
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Dave I saw a massive tuna come out of the water today in CC Bay. Flat calm all 3 days I was out there fishing for Bass. There are tons of blues all over the place skimming on the surface. Saw a few tuna boats out there looking.