View Full Version : Trailer Guides

MrHunters
07-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Any suggestions on a good place to get a pair of these.
http://images.westmarine.com/full/14242_f.jpg

west marine has em in 5ft length for $170. Seems kinda steep but maybe it is what it is.

wrench
07-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Hunters, try these two places on the web, locally try Monahan's Marine in Weymouth.

www.easternmarine.com/

www.championtrailers.com/

Mike

MrHunters
07-27-2007, 08:11 AM
thanks mike,

130 bucks shipped from east marine.

stupid west marine. thats like this beer store down the street from me.... $19 bucks for a 12 pack of sam adams. THIEVES... all of em!

but i digress.

thanks again,

fishsmith
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
mrhunters, are you sure you need em? not backing the trailer as deep usually solves the need for these. But I've never trailered a cat.

MrHunters
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
on the trailer their are 4 bunks 2 for each sponson positioned in an ever so slight V.
problem is, with a strong current it is very difficult to get the boat on straight if your on the up current side of the ramp. Since each sponson sits on a bunk you have to be EXACT. any slight adjustment and your screwed. this makes powering on next to impossible since alot of the time in such currents im coming in at an angle and then kicking it straight at the very last possible second. had this issue the other night... moon tide low, crazy current and no water. the boat was longer than there was dock.

just thinking this might guide the boat in easier.. with or without powering.

down current side no problems just get the trailer as close to the dock as possible and on she goes. I suppose i could always go to this side but once and while i don't have a choice.

i consider myself pretty good at trailering relative to what i see on a busy saturday at some of the craziest ramps around here. but being by yourself in the above situation is no fun.