View Full Version : COLT State Park

Swimmer
07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
My wife has been there three times in the last couple of weeks. Went there first time with a friend and the last two days, today included, took her parents there. She says it is an awesome place, very clean. Does anybody no anything about fishing there just in case I get roped into traveling there with her?

BrianS
07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
bloooooofish

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Theres a nice outflow there *removed the name to please rijimmy* is the name I believe. You can't miss its facing the ocean when you drive over the small bridge the outflow is under neath. Small bait in here, silver sides crab hatches in early july, middle of may there were adult pogies in the area as well as what eats them :kewl: Water temps are a bit high around there right now but you never know. Kid I hunt upland game with took a nice round 32-35lb fish here the night leading to fathers day, right off the pier casting into the eddie of the outflow. Oh there is a fishing pier as well, we'd been out and about that night and decided to just soak some chunks waiting for sun up and Whammo. The pier is always good for having some small fish around, scup, flounder etc. There's a guy who actually fishes the pier and he carries an underwater camera with him, like for ice fishing, he'll scope out the bottom then drops his bait. Dudes name is roland, tell him the plug makers sent you he'll fill you in. If you need anything else dont hesitate to ask. :kewl: most of the people you'll meet are just folks who have a few hours to fish or have limitations where the pier makes it easier for them, but if you're polite etc and strike up a conversation they'll very often point you in the right direction.

JohnR
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Frank - Very Fishy Place. In fact for you, late August / early September, go down with a light tackle rod and YOUR FLY ROD for lotsa blues

RIJIMMY
07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I apologize for my post, but I have to chime in. I am usually on the sidelines during the "spot wars" threads.

TT - you gave a very insightful and informative resposne, however, you re usually one of the militant anti-spot posters. You named exact locations, tides, areas etc... I am just curious why you feel this does not violate the "anti" spot rules?

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
dudes looking for help, I'm trying to help.

I removed the name to appease you as well Jimmy. Enjoy your day bro :)

RIJIMMY
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
dont think your response is fair and is missing my point. Mention Quonny, narrow, ctown, bp, etc and you'd have jumped all over him. I have seen numerous people that we just looking to help and you advocated (not on this site, but anotherstriper site) have the thread pulled. I am curious why your response here was different.
I am FOR spot talk and as I said earlier, your response was very informative and helpful, just seems in contrast with you previous posts.

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Jim, I corrected my post so to not offend you. I not sure what else you're looking for..

You know why I tried to helped the guy A. he didnt come off as a pinhead. And B. hes not a new member.

You owe the gentleman who started the thread an apology for derailing his thread Jim.

afterhours
07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
frank- it's a nice fly rod spot :bl: .

RIJIMMY
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Im not offended and dont care about any spot references. I was just curious in the change from your previous "spot" posts. Didnt your signautre used to be " no spot talk" or something? I've seen you advocate a PM versus a reply, the poster not might not be a pinhead, but what about thw 1,000,000 other viewers? I feel like I am arguing your prior stance and Im not comfortable doing it. I have no issue with your reply but it seemed odd coming from you. Sort of like #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& suggesting using plugs instead of eels/bunker, sort of out of character and core beliefs.

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
I used to put gum in my pockets when I was 5 too want to bring that up? Its nice to know i have a fan club Jim, I'll mail an autographed 8x10.

RIJIMMY
07-27-2007, 02:34 PM
thats fine - so its do as I say not as I do....
I'll refernce this post when your barking at someone for spot burning.

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok jim. Whatever makes you happy bro. Be well. Jesus loves you :kewl:

JFigliuolo
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I used to put gum in my pockets when I was 5 too want to bring that up? Its nice to know i have a fan club Jim, I'll mail an autographed 8x10.

Could I get one of those too?

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Im running low on the 8x10's j but if you want I can get you a masterlure jointed eel / variant :buds:

What no questions about the swell with the full moon approaching??

JFigliuolo
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Im running low on the 8x10's j but if you want I can get you a masterlure jointed eel / variant :buds:

Now that's just cruel... don't tease the animals!

ThrowingTimber
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
dead serious bro. Silver with black and yellow swirl paint. Glad you boys are getting into them, we marked some pigs last saturday out in front of where the three tides collide. I'll toss it in the truck and if I run into ya or whatever it'll be in there just remind me dude, I'm kinda like forgetful...

Oh frank try around the corner from the park too on a dropping tide. Look up the farm in the area I'd post the name but jimmy may have an aneurism..

JFigliuolo
07-27-2007, 02:48 PM
dead serious bro. Silver with black and yellow swirl paint. Glad you boys are getting into them, we marked some pigs last saturday out in front of where the three tides collide. oooopps didnt mean to be helpful hope jimmy doesnt mind..

He;s my very own moderator you know.. :uhuh:

I plan on being out there tonight around 8 ish. Stop by if you don't got a date...

Saltheart
07-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Collts park is a very nice park. Got the bike path now too. There is good fishing there and in many other spots that will be obvious to you if you follow the bike path either north or south or along where the park borders the bay and the river. .

Swimmer
07-28-2007, 01:18 PM
From the way my wife described it the are is very family orientated. She said there three busloads of very well-behaved kids there. A wedding was taking place. I know I am going to get asked to go, so for me to go to a beach without a rod could be emotionally devastating, which is why I asked. It just didn't sound fishy to me. Thank you for all the kind replies guys.