View Full Version : CAN I CORRECT THIS !

saltydog
07-27-2007, 06:10 PM
I wanted to finnish the rest of my slammers, an the bottle I CARVED out.BUT, I sealed them w/ VAL-OIL , set them out to DRY. PRIMED them 2 days later,an let that dry for day, an put some BLACK on them an let that dry for day,BUT today I checked to see if they were dry to put another coat on, an they were DRY.BUT not in a GLOSS FINNISH. I did a few outhers in different colors an they came out good. w/ gloss finnish. could the plugs STILL be WET ! an not dryed threw.

should I sand them down an let dry for a week an then give it a shot?
the paint is the same I used on outher BLACK ones I did.:uhoh:

COMMENTS WELCOMED:uhoh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:rolleyes:

stripercrazy
07-28-2007, 09:11 AM
thats weird...scuff them and try again, epoxy will give them a gloss look, maybe the paint wasn't mixed good or is going bad, for some odd reason, can the gloss part settle to the bottom:ss:

ThrowingTimber
07-28-2007, 09:17 AM
If you used rattle cans shake for a minute before painting and shake every once in awhile while painting. Could it be that you didnt shake the can enough?

thefishingfreak
07-28-2007, 10:34 AM
humidity.

justplugit
07-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Old paint and/or not mixing it well will do it, that's for sure.

Painted my bike with an old can of paint when i was a kid,
Neva dried. :smash:

Hey TFF. :wave:

saltydog
07-29-2007, 06:19 AM
I did shake the cans, even while painting. I did sanded them again, an the SAME THING happened. as for the HUMIDITY-- it has been latly BUT my GREEN'S, RED'S, an GRAYS,WHITES have all been fine. Ill get NEW black paint an try that. an will lt them HANG an dry a few more days.
THANK YOU,
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:bl:

Tagger
07-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Painted my bike with an old can of paint when i was a kid,

Was that one of those bikes with the giant wheel in the front and the tiny one in the back ? you still got it ? :wave:

MAC
07-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Was that one of those bikes with the giant wheel in the front and the tiny one in the back ? you still got it ? :wave:

One of these wasn't it?

Charleston
07-29-2007, 08:04 AM
One of these wasn't it?

That's Mac on that bike. He's going down to the packie :scatter:

justplugit
07-29-2007, 01:19 PM
you still got it ? :wave:

Ya Mac, that's the one, but no Tagga, i gave it to my nephew Honest Abe when he was just a kid. :hihi:

He was twice as ugly then. :D

Gotta luv u guys. :btu:

saltydog
08-04-2007, 07:02 AM
Strike_King, YES I did use VAL-OIL, an YES I did thin it. just like the ones befor. BUT I believe I only let DRY for a couple of days, the outhers I let them hag an dry for a WEEK. my fault for not letting dry longer.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:)