View Full Version : Shark week who's watching?

teezer
07-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Who watched shark week last night?

I am still amazed at the white sharks that hit the towed seal "lures". A 15 to 20 foot shark coming clear out of the water. It reminds me of the top water fishing I do but on a much larger level.

How about all you plug builders building a seal lure???
I would love to see that first hand!!:shocked:

After that show was the story of the Indianapolis. What a awful but fascinating story.

My son and I can't get enough. We will be watching tonight!

Slipknot
07-30-2007, 07:14 PM
don't have to build any seal lure, we can witness the event right off the Cape near Monomoy, half a seal washes up , where do you think that comes from?

I've been plugging for bluefish>then liveline that for a seal>then liveline the seal for a great white for a few years now. trouble is the sharks aren't near Ptown yet.

I love watching those shows:btu:

JohnR
07-30-2007, 08:37 PM
After that show was the story of the Indianapolis. What a awful but fascinating story.

My son and I can't get enough. We will be watching tonight!

I'll try to digg up my copy of "In Harm's Way" for you to read. 400 pages of the incident and a story hard to believe but true.

And what are you doing with your kid up so late? I'm telling Jane :rotf2:

Slip - how is the live bait fishing for seals gig going?

daceman63
07-31-2007, 07:15 AM
My friends and I love shark week!!!

It's sad to see how many are caught and killed in those fishing nets.

One day I'll get to the shark tournament down the vineyard as a spectator (unless someone takes me on as crew although I have zero shark fishing experience so that won't happen....lol)

UserRemoved1
07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Did you see that frickin nut job swimming with those tigers last nite. CHOMP

Rockport24
07-31-2007, 08:44 AM
I saw that!!! that was nuts!

MarshCappa
07-31-2007, 09:53 AM
I missed Sunday's show on the Indy and I'm pissed! Looked for it in the On Demand menu but it wasn't there. I might get the book though.

capecodkid
07-31-2007, 10:27 AM
I've caught a few shows of shark week. Just watched one where they talked about a cookie cutter shark. Pretty cool how they attack such bigger fish then themselves.

striperondafly
07-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I have never missed it since they started it.

We used to have lifeguard parties and watch shark week.

The guy swimming with the tigers has some serious balls. If was scared I'm sure the shark would sense it and whack him

ridler72
07-31-2007, 10:42 AM
The Bull Shark attack on video was crazy. He does the rehab to mend his leg then decides to wade again with sharks. The definition of insanity? Do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.......I guess I am insane too. :btu:

MakoMike
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Been watching as much as I can. I sure wish I had the DVR already!

Adam_777
07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
How bout those wells full of shark fins the poachers are getting.Catching the sharks and cutting the fins off .They are buying tuna liscences then when boarded no tuna just shark fins.The guy swimming with the tiger is crazy especially when the other 10 sharks started circling around.Shark week is cool stuff!

afterhours
07-31-2007, 08:05 PM
love shark week!