View Full Version : Fluke recipe

fishaholic18
08-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have any they want to share?
Remember..I suck at cooking.:smash:

rwilhelm
08-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Plain and simple but delicious. I just dip the fillets in egg batter than into bread crumbs. Put about a 1/4" of oil in a frying pan and cook until both sides are golden brown. Squeeze some lemon on top and that is it.

fishaholic18
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Plain and simple but delicious. I just dip the fillets in egg batter than into bread crumbs. Put about a 1/4" of oil in a frying pan and cook until both sides are golden brown. Squeeze some lemon on top and that is it.

Now that I can handle, thanx.

How bout you Spence? I'm waiting for your 5 page recipe..:rotf2:

JFigliuolo
08-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Go get some "Golden Dipt" fish fry mix. Dip fillets in milk then coating. fry till done.

Mr. Sandman
08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
We eat a lot of fluke, probably more then most other fish. Frying is good, simple and tasty but my wife has a recipe that uses bananas and it is outstanding. I have to ask where she got the recipe but it is really good and I am not a banana lover. I think we are having fluke tonight that I caught yesterday, I'll ask.

fishpoopoo
08-01-2007, 01:18 PM
do not rinse meat with water. use paper towel to blot away junk.

slice thin. remove all red meat and bones.

arrange slices on plate. sprinkle fresh squeezed lemon and lime juice on slices (important).

place plate in freezer for ten minutes.

serve right away with soy sauce and wasabi.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

:drool:

johnny ducketts
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
do a ceviche!
Type in Ceviche recipes and just sub the fish in the recipe with fluke. No cooking necessary the citrus juices do all the work.

Or make fish tacos. I just follow the recipe on the packet of seasoning and substitute fluke instead of hamburger.

that would be great on crackers.. With a few red stripes also

ThrowingTimber
08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
casserole dish

striper fillets

flounder fillets

combined to make a stuffing:
ritz crackers, red pepper flake, lobster meat

slice fillets on their side and stuff with above filling. cover the fillet with ritz cracker crumbs and a pat of butter, cook until flakey.

You can also soak small bamboo skewers in water and make little roll ups with the fillets and stuff them, use the skewers to hold the roll ups together.

Back Beach
08-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Milanese style:

1. Dip fillets in flour, coating thoroughly.

2. Dip in beaten eggs (2) let excess drip off.

3. Coat with progresso italian style bread crumbs

4. Fry in pan about 2 minutes per side.

5. Fresh squeezed lemon

6. Try a nice chardonnay with it.

7. Repeat.

flyben24
08-01-2007, 05:15 PM
sprinkle on bread crumbs and put in oven... my favorite

Chugbug
08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Ceve'che' acid cooked.......:eyes:

boot man
08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Simple as it gets:
Dip in flour. sprinkle pepper and celery salt.
Fry in butter coated pan.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

NIB
08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Francaise...
Dip Egg batter with a table spoon of Parmesean cheese.
One spoon per egg.
Then then flour.
In a pan medium heat with butter..Lemon..
Yummy...

Nebe
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
get a tomato, a few limes, a stick of butter some avocados and some tortillas- you'll also need some flour & some old bay seasoning

Start up some basmati rice-
while its cooking, put some flour in a bowl and add enough old bay seasoning to the flour until it just starts to look grey-

throw a half stick of butter in a pan and saute up the tomatoes for a minute or 2- squeeze the juice of one lime, then remove the sauce you made into a bowl- add a teeny bit of olive oil to the pan and get it almost smoking- roll the fluke in the flour and then throw it in the pan- dont touch it until it looks golden brown on the bottom, then flip it to brown the other side- dont put a lid on it or you will soften the crust- if your fillets are thick, throw em in the oven for 4 or 6 minutes uncovered to finish cooking the fish-

when the fish is done, take a tortilla wrapper and put a spoonful of rice in it, lay some fish on top... pour some of that sauce on it and then squeeze half an avocado on it. you could add a little pepper if you want, then roll it up into a burrito

serve with corona and hefty wedges of lime :gu:

Nebe
08-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Francaise...
Dip Egg batter with a table spoon of Parmesean cheese.
One spoon per egg.
Then then flour.
In a pan medium heat with butter..Lemon..
Yummy...

I do that with striper- I call it 'striper yum yum'

the only thing different is that i use capers as well.

missing link
08-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow great recipes!!
Myself I cook simple :

Pan EVOO Filets dry with salt and pepper on the side slice up a garlic clove // Get pan hot with oil in it add filets depending on thickness 2min +/- filp add garlic I wait till the filet seperates easily
1 min
and have a "ROD KNOCKING" salad
Go figure I've been surrounded by cooks my whole life but they don't like fish.
I'll never refuse a Zupa De Pecse @ the Mediterraneo@ Federal Hill
Providence, 1/2 lobster ,whole crab ,scallops, mussels ,steamers & chunks of tasty fish all in a spicy tomato based fish broth saffron truly an awesome dish.
Any one hungry.
Link Sr:scatter:
ps sorry for the hijack