afterhours
08-08-2007, 05:50 AM
cheatin', classless, pos!

BigFish
08-08-2007, 05:55 AM
:yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak:

ThomCat
08-08-2007, 06:08 AM
:( The saddest thing is that he was probably H of F material before he started cheatin'. :af: :smash: I guess he still hasn't figured out that he coulda been a hero to a lot of folks if he wasn't such a hateful, arrogant, lying, acerbic PUNK!!!!:yak5:

JohnR
08-08-2007, 08:58 AM
I think Bonds deserves it. If there is an asterisk then there should have been an asterisk against Hank for all of these years too. After all, Hank used performance enhancers during his entire career too:

He played HARD (granted, not chemicals)

He had CLASS

He broke Stereotypes (almost rhymes with Steroids)

His current record is "CLEAR" and he was the "CREAM" of the crop, so like Bonds, he's used the CLEAR and the CREAM

Being a long time athlete, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he may have had a cortisone shot in his buttocks

SO when you compare even just a few items between Aaron & Bonds, it is clear that if Bonds has an asterisk, than Aaron should have an asterisk too...

Swimmer
08-08-2007, 11:09 AM
All the steroids in the world doesn't give you the hand/eye coordination that Bonds has. It might make you bigger/powerful, but steroids doesn't make you a natural at knowing that magic spot in the swing to place the head of the bat, so that it reaches its maximum effectiveness in the power tansfer, which launches the freikin ball over the fence.

Thier are many things about Bonds that makes Bonds an unlikeable character. I need to know more about him away from baseball before I pass judgement though. Making a decision to not like someone based on just one part of his life is shallow and doesn't benefit me in the long run. So I'll hold off and enjoy my 1984 Fleer update rookie card of his I own for the time being.

This is the new positive me.
:hidin:

The Dad Fisherman
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
All the steroids in the world doesn't give you the hand/eye coordination that Bonds has. It might make you bigger/powerful, but steroids doesn't make you a natural at knowing that magic spot in the swing to place the head of the bat, so that it reaches its maximum effectiveness in the power tansfer, which launches the freikin ball over the fence.

I agree with that somewhat.......But if he wasn't on the Juice how many of those 755 would have been singles, doubles.....or Caught?

fishaholic18
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I say cheers, he still did it.
And..who hasn't cheated on something in this f'ed up world??

fishsmith
08-08-2007, 02:03 PM
F Bonds. My kids are starting to collect baseball cards now and his numbers went thru the roof after 2000.
Today on the radio I heard his elbow pad isn't a pad, but a brace that has been 'grandfathered' and he's allowed to use it. But when Mike Lowell requested the same brace he was denied as it could give an unfair advantage.
If Willie Mays didn't serve in the military he'd have 800 homers.

afterhours
08-08-2007, 03:49 PM
..without the roids how many would've been warning track outs?

Raider Ronnie
08-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Thier are many things about Bonds that makes Bonds an unlikeable character. I need to know more about him away from baseball before I pass judgement though. Making a decision to not like someone based on just one part of his life is shallow and doesn't benefit me in the long run. So I'll hold off and enjoy my 1984 Fleer update rookie card of his I own for the time being.

One of the biggest advantages to taking steroids is (besides getting stronger the ability to heal quickly.
This is even a bigger issue for pitchers, as they are not as sore the next day after pitching.

ThrowingTimber
08-08-2007, 08:03 PM
f him and the whores he rode in on.

Every single effing pitcher should have walked this loser as soon as he got to 700, regardless.

bonds is up, walk him

bonds is up, walk him

bonds is up, walk him....

I say give this mf'er a nice big *

EarnedStripes44
08-09-2007, 01:58 PM
im somewhere in between, but if it is, what it is....shame on Selig, the blame ultimately falls on him.

ProfessorM
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I really don't care either way. A pretty tainted, lackluster record, but here are a few stats that are pretty incredible comparing the two guys. Some food for thought.
At bats - B. B. 9776 - H.A. 12,364
Walks - B. B. 2541 - H.A. 1402
Inten. Walks - B. B. 679 - H. A. 293
120 in 2004 - Most he had in 1 year was 23

Aaron played 23 seasons Bonds has played 22

Aaron has almost 2600 more at bats and Bonds has walked 723 more times than Aaron.
Not to mention all the gold gloves and MVP's and stolen bases he has accumulated.
That is an incredible difference and shows that Barry was an incredible player doing what he did in a lot less chances. If it comes out that he cheated, he has admitted it so i guess he did cheat, he is an idiot because he probably would have gone down as the best player in history with out the roids. Personally I don't like him because he is a miserable human but the stats speak volumes.

Double_D
08-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I live out here in the San Francisco bay area.....it was not all that big a deal.....seems there was more excitement when Mark McGuire got the home run record...Bonds is not liked too much out west

Double_D
08-12-2007, 11:53 AM

but do you have this rookie card