View Full Version : Stolen Fish

luds
08-08-2007, 08:42 AM
So I get into a decent pod of fish last night. No large but pretty constant action with high teen fish. My co-worker who loves cooking fish has been bugging me for a bass since may so finally I gave in and put one up on the beach. These kids come by(18-20 yrs. old chunkers I guess) and we shoot the chit for a minute. One of them wanders off then I go back to casting. After a few minutes I go back to move the fish by my gear.

It was gone.:devil:

I usually put my fish out of sight if I choose to keep one just to conceal that I'm catching. Now I have another reason to do it. Can't believe someone is that pathetic that they need to steal a fish when they were basically all over that place. That kid will get his at some point. Fargen looser.:rude:

Rant over.

Steve K
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Man is that pathetic.

Saltheart
08-08-2007, 09:48 AM
It happened to me at Montauk once in the 80's. I figure if someone wants a fish bad enough to steal right off the beach , they can have it. It is pathetic though.

RNC
08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
That kid is a dumb@ss.

EarnedStripes44
08-08-2007, 10:07 AM
You must conceal any worthwile catch, especially around crowds.

piemma
08-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Happened to me at Ballston back in the mid90s. Hammering 20 to 30# fish. It was during the commercial season. I had a couple of decent fish up against the dune on the left side. Some guys walked by about 2 or 3 in the morning. Later I went to get my 2 fish and they were gone. That's when we started burying our catch till we were ready to leave.

Back Beach
08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Happened to me at Ballston back in the mid90s. Hammering 20 to 30# fish. It was during the commercial season. I had a couple of decent fish up against the dune on the left side. Some guys walked by about 2 or 3 in the morning. Later I went to get my 2 fish and they were gone. That's when we started burying our catch till we were ready to leave.

That happened to me in 2004, same place. Was fishing w/redlite, and was just out of sight of my fish, but noticed a silhouette closing in on the area where my pile was. He had the drag rope in his hand by the time I got to the crest of the beach. I informed him the fish were leaving with me. He told me it was a mistake and thought they were his partner's fish.:hs:

Canalman
08-08-2007, 11:19 AM
:o that was you!? :boots:

numbskull
08-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Any coyotes where you fish? Last Fall a friend and I were on a deserted very inaccessible beach and when we went to leave his second rod was gone. Seemed impossible, but we eventually found it dragged a dozen yards into the beach grass by some animal that liked the fish smell on it.

luds
08-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Any coyotes where you fish? Last Fall a friend and I were on a deserted very inaccessible beach and when we went to leave his second rod was gone. Seemed impossible, but we eventually found it dragged a dozen yards into the beach grass by some animal that liked the fish smell on it.

I considered that and looked for drag marks. Only found foot prints.

ThrowingTimber
08-08-2007, 11:51 AM
faith in people being honest was where you made your mistake. :wave:

justplugit
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
One day i was fishing a brisk NW wind blowing the sand down the beach at a pretty good clip.

I caught a #10-12 and and layed him on the sand. Kept fishing

down the beach and not really keeping track of my movement.

About 15 min later i see 2 guys walking down behind me with a #10-12, looked back to where i thought i left my fish and didn't see it.

WTH these guys had my fish. :af: I yell out, " where the h@ll you think your going with my fish".

Guy yells back, "this is my fish", and i yell, "BS i want my fish."

Guy yells,"your fish is back up the beach about 50 yds."

I turn and look further up the beach, and there under the blowing

sand was a mound with my fish under it. :hihi: Soreee. :o :rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
One day on a Beach I had brought the kids out there because the Mackerel were everywhere and the kids were having fun banging them on their freshwater gear. There were a couple of other guys out there filling up buckets with the macks while we were just content throwing them back

I look back a few minutes later and my 6 year old daughter is reaching into this guys bucket and releasing them back in the water because she thought that what she was supposed to do.

Thank God the guy had a sense of humor

tattoobob
08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
What a LOSER

fishaholic18
08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
One day on a Beach I had brought the kids out there because the Mackerel were everywhere and the kids were having fun banging them on their freshwater gear. There were a couple of other guys out there filling up buckets with the macks while we were just content throwing them back

I look back a few minutes later and my 6 year old daughter is reaching into this guys bucket and releasing them back in the water because she thought that what she was supposed to do.

Thank God the guy had a sense of humorHAHA..Now thats funny.:biglaugh:

flyben24
08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
thats so pathetic that someone has to waste their time stealing fish instead of fishing for them

MAC
08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Some people just don't care. A few years ago they stole a deer that was hanging in a tree in a backyard. Worst part is the man is the Chief of that particular town. Nothing ever turned up. :doh:

Just be glad your plug bag wasn't next to the fish.....

Tagger
08-08-2007, 02:36 PM
hope he chokes on it ...

luds
08-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Just be glad your plug bag wasn't next to the fish.....

That was the first thing I thought of.

numbskull
08-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Be glad you weren't fishing with Tagger.......when you got back from looking for your fish, your sandwich would probably be gone too.

afterhours
08-08-2007, 03:38 PM
unreal....a load of bad karma will go their way...

hyefisherman2
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM
wow, thats all i have to say

Swimmer
08-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I can feel a 48 #er coming your way. :kewl:

moosh
08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
If they have to steel a fish ,they need it more than you , "what goes around comes around "......

Backbeach Jake
08-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Scum s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g blow flies. Kinda walking vomit that throws their trash and beer cans all over thinking that "mommy" will pick it up for them. Evolution doesn't seem to include everybody.

jimmy z
08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Yea, some people'll take your dirty draws if your not looking.:uhuh:

tattoobob
08-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Sorry Mike I took the joke to far, you can come over and pick the fish up if you like. :drool:

Jenn
08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
sorry but I would rather someone stole the fish when I wasnt looking than SCREAMING at me because I threw fish back.... Happened to me when I was shad fishing one year. couple of guys speaking very little english (with a trash bags already full of illegal fish...sorry all but ten were illegal) and pissed at me because I threw them back and didnt give them the fish......that gets me so fired up.....